Nyatoh Eight String

• Thread starter gjkung
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gjkung

Reaction score
Eight_String8.JPG

BACK_ANGLE.jpg

Eight_String7.JPG

Eight_String9.JPG

Bareknuckles in:

Bareknuckle_Eights.jpg

:metal:

30 inch
Bolt on neck w/ Ebony fingerboard and headplate.
Nyatoh Neck and Body Top, Meranti Back

Bareknuckles eights are finally completed by Tim Mills, amazing pickups, I'd do a recording when I get my hands on some good equipment, so far it's just podxtlive...bleh

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Great stuff so far :yesway:

gjkung

Reaction score
thanks guys, as for the bareknuckles you'd have to ask tim, he said it'd be close to the price of a seven string pup, as to how close he hasn't confirmed.

Let's hope it doesn't burn too much cash or I'd have to sell this one after it's complete.

ohmanthisiscool

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
One of the cooler 8's I have seen. at first I was like "Why the sans-pickup:scratch:" :lol:

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
Great project :yesway:

What kind of strings you've put on it? (What manufacturer, 6 string set + 2 singles or 8 individual singles, gauges?)

gjkung

Reaction score
The strings are two ernie ball 80 and 60 and a DR 9-46 pack. Once I get settled on the string gauge I'd probably order some custom sets from DR or something.

Pretty much ideal string tension, which i referenced from blackmachine's website, thanks doug.

They're all nickel which I prefer over stainless steel.

The bridge is still temporary, the metal shop gave me this uncoated steel bridge baseplate to test fit first, it's chinese new year now so they'd coat it for me after the break. It'd be black then, which would look more awesome.

ohmanthisiscool: what's a sans-pickup

justin: I happen to have a second macassar ebony prototype coming up...xD

Now the only thing I'm missing is the electronics...bkp hurry up!

p.s - Am I the only guy around here who's waiting for the BKP eights? Anyone else going for them? With the factory eights coming out routed for 808s, I wonder who's going for the BKPs actually.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
The strings are two ernie ball 80 and 60 and a DR 9-46 pack. Once I get settled on the string gauge I'd probably order some custom sets from DR or something.

Pretty much ideal string tension, which i referenced from blackmachine's website, thanks doug.

They're all nickel which I prefer over stainless steel.

The bridge is still temporary, the metal shop gave me this uncoated steel bridge baseplate to test fit first, it's chinese new year now so they'd coat it for me after the break. It'd be black then, which would look more awesome.

ohmanthisiscool: what's a sans-pickup

justin: I happen to have a second macassar ebony prototype coming up...xD

Now the only thing I'm missing is the electronics...bkp hurry up!

p.s - Am I the only guy around here who's waiting for the BKP eights? Anyone else going for them? With the factory eights coming out routed for 808s, I wonder who's going for the BKPs actually.

Sounds awesome dude, haha can I have the second prototype? :lol:

Oh and when he said sans-pickup he meant without the pickups.

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
ooh, did you build that one? How much? ;) looks really nice!

gjkung

Reaction score
yea I built it.

lmao I'm not sure if I'd be selling anyone of them because at the rate I'm going, I'd have to sell one for at least 3k USD for it to be atleast worth the trouble.

Well for now let's just look at this as a project guitar, feel free to contact me if you're really interested tho: gjkung@hotmail.com

KaLeVaLA

Sir Mix-A-Lot
Reaction score
Okay, well ..hmm..as i said, it looks really great indeed man, and i wouldnt mind paying up to that price for such a nice guitar if it sounds as good as it looks by now!
Looking forward to see the final result and maybe get a listen as well!?

To put it this way... Ibanez Rg2228 costs about $3000 here in norway...so...hehe

gjkung

Reaction score
haha I'm surprised, well this one is definitely not for sale because I made it as a personal instrument.

As nice as it looks from here, there are flaws all over the guitar due to the experimental nature of it, I'd be fine-tuning the second prototype and see if it's fit for sale.

I'm flattered by the activity tho, I'd post my WIP pics later on so you guys can get a good look at the process.

if anyone's on facebook.com add me and you can see my entire gallery of WIPs.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
If I could afford the three grand I'd buy one in a second! Can't wait to see some more pics.:yesway:

gjkung

Reaction score
will upload once I get the BKPs, leaving for Bali tml till saturday.

Happy Lunar New Year to all who celebrate it!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nope I'm waiting for them as well, though if they're not out by the end of the month I may end up going with a set of Lundgrens as my builder wants the pups in hand before he starts.

')