Nyatoh Eight String

• Thread starter gjkung
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gjkung

Reaction score
hey shafie, didn't notice it's you man. :hbang:

the neck pieces? If you mean the thickness of the 5 laminates, it's 20-15-15-15-20, mm, then I cut the profile out of it.

If you're talking about the thickness of the neck grip-wise, I'm not sure cuz i don't have a caliper of anysort, but I'd say it's about 2mm thicker than my RG2570's.

I didn't really intend for this to be a shredder, I wanted a more djent feel to it, and some jazz applications, instead of random shred I'm always tempted to do on an RG. Hence the 30 inch scale and slightly thicker neck.

techno: I think they'd be out by then, Tim Mills did mention he'd be able to make it by this month, provided there won't be anymore delays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

D

Desecrated

yeah I meant the thickness of the laminate. So thanks for the info :)

BRUTALIZER GUITARS

Reaction score
Nice looking guitar man!! Not jumping on ya but whats with the Glue line on the back of the guitar? it looks like a rough glue up, did you use a power jointer?

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Looks really nice. At first I thought you were going for a Piezo guitar, but then I read the BKP note. Good luck!

gjkung

Reaction score
oh that's not a glueline, well it is but it's not a rough glue up, it's a piece of walnut veneer sandwiched between the two halves.

It's partially cosmetic but I was really just trying it out cuz i've never tried gluing a wood strip between two body pieces before. It provides a good centerline too.:agreed:

Jemm

Reaction score
oh that's not a glueline, well it is but it's not a rough glue up, it's a piece of walnut veneer sandwiched between the two halves.

It's partially cosmetic but I was really just trying it out cuz i've never tried gluing a wood strip between two body pieces before. It provides a good centerline too.

Not to piss on the parade.....but centerline is what is throwing me off on this guitar. Makes it come across as cheap. I rather would have seen a nice one piece body blank.

But you did a for a reason.....and that's what matters......it's your guitar.

Demeyes

Reaction score
Looks great. I like the natural look of it and the shape.

Trespass

AEADGBEA
Reaction score
Not to piss on the parade.....but centerline is what is throwing me off on this guitar. Makes it come across as cheap. I rather would have seen a nice one piece body blank.

But you did a for a reason.....and that's what matters......it's your guitar.

I don't see anything on the front... And who cares what goes on under the hood? As long as its reliable and it sounds good, does it matter what it looks like? (Wiring don't look too pretty either, but it sounds good)(Unless you play your guitar backwards :lol:)

gjkung

Reaction score
great news the BKP 8s are almost ready, am placing my order this moment.

About the centerline, I'm sort of doubtful about it's aesthetic value too, but it's a proto so I gave it a shot( the back wood isn't even pretty I admit.) I'd work on the design a little more on the next one.

Hopefully it'd be up and djenting in two weeks' time.

plyta

Rusty spoon...
Reaction score
What kind of Bareknuckle pickups are those? I mean are those totally custom designed or were they based on some good old Bareknuckle 6 string humbuckers?

Gorgeous guitar :yesway:

')