NYC/NJ - Korn style w/ Marilyn Manson elements - need guitarist and singer!

• Thread starter Rev2010
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
New York City/New Jersey area

I'm a seven string guitar player (tuned down to "A") with drummer and bassist looking for another guitarist and singer to complete the band. The style would be closest to Korn but with some additional inlfuences (Marilyn Manson, Tool, Deftones, etc). The sound ranges from heavy and aggressive to dark, eerie, and brooding. You can check out our Myspace page for more info and for some rough sample MP3's:

http://www.myspace.com/rev2010

If interested please e-mail me at illusionbank@yahoo.com or through Myspace.

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score

K5olbass

Reaction score
nice tracks again... ill add these bad boys to my song collection... BTW thanks for the add on myspace (im that guy with the monkey mask.) again dope fuckin tracks

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
On the track Disgrace that's me playing the drums on my electronic kit connected via midi to my PC playing DFH Superior drum software - but the kick is from the Native Instruments Studio Drums CD as I don't like any of the kicks in DFH. All other tracks of mine are drums from Native Instruments Studio Drums CD and rather than me playing the drums I just tapped in the drums on my midi keyboard since I didn't have an e-kit yet. I'll soon be replacing those drums tracks with DFH tracks played by me on the e-kit.

Rev.

Dr.Feelgood

S.P Axe Master
Reaction score
Give me 3 months and I will be in NJ :) I'm getting better at singing, although right now I mainly sing covers in my band

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Dr.Feelgood said:
Give me 3 months and I will be in NJ :) I'm getting better at singing, although right now I mainly sing covers in my band

Well, being I've already been searching for longer than 3 months be sure to keep my e-mail address: illusionbank@yahoo.com or PM me here when you do arrive as I'm in Jersey too and probably still won't have found anyone by then. I'm finding it very very hard to simply find people in this style let alone decent ones.

Rev.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
holy crap thats good shit! pity im in the wrong country tho, ive added you on myspace (rio85), id love to see this develop

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Mr. S said:
holy crap thats good shit! pity im in the wrong country tho, ive added you on myspace (rio85), id love to see this develop

Wow, thanks man! It's funny cause this is the first music project I've done where there haven't been any negative comments (knock on wood and I've probably just jinxed myself). In my last (electronic) project we had those that loved it and those that didn't. I'm so glad there have been so many positive responses!

Anyway, there's some cool news though as today it's official I now have a drummer! :D This drummer saw a classified I put up on Myspace and last week we met up and hung out which is something I now always do first to see if I like the people personally and make sure they're not psycho low lives before having them come over my house with all my expensive gear. So he was really cool and today he came over and showed me his own drumming to two of my tracks and he was really freaking good so it's settled. Now I just need to find a second guitarist, a bassist, and a singer :( <sigh>... the journey continues :)

Rev.

steve777

Reaction score
Definately some cool ideas there. To bad I am all the way in upstate NY. Otherwise, I would definately be up for collaborating on some Tool-type stuff. :)

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Darn... wish you were down in the Philly area man! That sounds like the type of music I would want to play live! I added you on myspace recently too, btw! :shred: I tried the player on your myspace page and it looked like it was playing but there was no audio? I tried it on two different computers and still nothing, any other link to the files?

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Myspace is always on the fritz. I checked and it's working now so try again. Too bad we're seperated by a state :(

Rev.

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm putting in a friends request too man. Cool tunes there bro! Good luck with putting the band together.

')