O(h my god)ni

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

It turns out the fretboard is also made of gidgee.

Semi-pro

Reaction score
Looks great but... Why have a longer scale length on the treble side and shorter on the bass side..:scratch:

j/k :lol:

That's gorgeous! HNGD!

Sponge

Carpe Diem
Reaction score
Wow. Speechless. All sorts of good. And lefty. Good sir, I hope you have amazing experiences with this guitar. This is an influence and just stepped the bar. That is one incredible looking instrument. Enjoy. Enjoy. Enjoy. And please post a vid!

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
berrry berrry nice piece of fap art, can't wait till dan gets me mine!!!

but seriously you are making me question my choices, boo!

congrats !

lawizeg

Reaction score
FRICK. OH MY GOSH.

I'm stunned. HNGD! I want one now :lol:
time to plan my heist..

F0rte

Wood Whore
Reaction score
That Oni is so awesome that I think i'm switching to lefty now.
:lol:
Seriously though, absolutely incredible guitar. That Gidgee top is seriously incredible. I recently bought a fretboard blank of Raindrop Gidgee for my Strandberg build. :) It probably will go on the next one though.

How's the Action and fretwork on it? Never gotten the chance to play one of these yet.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
How's the Action and fretwork on it?

The action was actually a tad lower than I normally play. The fretwork is as good as any I've played or own (Thorn, Suhr and KxK being exemplars in my collection).

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Man, I wish there was some better way to check out the contouring. Dan's always done some interesting stuff ergonomically, and the 3d aspects of his builds are really, really cool (and unfortunately hard to photograph!)

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
^ :agreed:

This picture kinda sucks, but the easiest way to notice the contouring is to look at the level of the foam vs the edge of the guitar.

IMG_20130702_222640.jpg

The lower edge of the guitar is a uniform 1/2" below the top of the foam for reference.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Not sure if they are off the shelf but I love the detail they put into aligning those pups.

Its the effort put into the smaller things that speaks volumes as to their approach and perception of what is a quality product.

Beautiful.

elq

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Dan pretty much made everything on the guitar from raw materials... other than the fretwire, the pots and switches, the tuners, and the bridge saddles. So yes, it's fantastic and full of detail, precision, and love.

')