Obama re-elected!!!!

• Thread starter GuitaristOfHell
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
He's probably getting sick of being the only one on this forum that far right wing. Although I disagree with him politically, he does get piled on a bit excessively. It might be getting to him...

Well, that's a good point. Now I feel bad. :ugh:

Although I do remember him insulting some people. Although there was pretty much mudslinging on both sides.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
So the less bad side won. Hooray.

As an outsider, can I ask the 'Merkiners here one thing:

Why the fuck is one of your major parties and a number of it's high profile supporters completely window-licking insane?

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
Thank you for all of you who voted for Obama. Romney as president would be detrimental for the whole world.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
This election was such bullshit, honestly. Two mediocre candidates. Once again, america is happy with the "lesser of two evils".
How many BILLIONS of dollars were wasted on this election? Unemployment is still up since Obama took over four years ago. The econonmy is still really shakey. Will much change? We will see. But, doubtful. The puppeteers are still the same people pulling the strings no matter what the outcome would have been.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Unemployment rate rises slightly, 171,000 new jobs added in October (Video) - Mesa unemployment benefits | Examiner.com

The national unemployment rate ticked up slightly, rising from last September's 7.8 percent to 7.9 percent. The number of unemployed Americans stands at 12.3 million. The slight one tenth of a percent rise was due partly to more Americans rejoining the ranks of those unemployed workers who are seeking employment. When unemployed workers drop out of the labor force and are not actively seeking work, they are no longer counted as unemployed. Job seekers are counted as unemployed if they do not have a job, have looked for work in the four weeks prior, and are currently available to work. Once the economy and thus the job market begin to improve, some of those job seekers start to actively seek employment again. This, in turn, affects the overall unemployment rate.

TL;DR: People who previously weren't looking for jobs before are looking for jobs now, thus, adding to the tenth of a percent.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
How many BILLIONS of dollars were wasted on this election?

Bronco and Rombley raised about $1.4B total as of September. It's alot, yeah, but no worse than the money many large companies put into advertising every year. In 2011, Loreal spent $1.34B advertising makeup, GM spent $1.78B, and AT&T and Verizon spent $3.5B.

Source: 8 Election Myths You Probably Believe | Cracked.com

Yeah yeah, Cracked, I know. They provide more links.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
This certainly made my morning.

Thank you America. When you're dealing with running a country, the lesser of two evils is a really important thing.

hairychris

Hairy Old Bloke
Reaction score
Thank you America. When you're dealing with a country with that amount of financial clout and weaponry that it insists on using, the lesser of two evils is a really important thing.

Fixed... :spock:

EDIT: To clarify, no, I don't "hate America" or anything stupid like that. However if USA didn't project itself internationally the way it does the rest of us wouldn't say anything. You can't shout "USA is #1" and not expect other people to call you on it.

Nile

Giver of the Likes
Reaction score
I honestly won't give a shit if Obama doesn't exactly do much, because if Romney got it we would be progressing backwards.

')