Obama vs Trump 2012

Obama or Trump?

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
To answer your question Dave, he's both. He's smug in general to his opponents stateside and a coward in worldly affairs. It's not the US President's job to run around apologizing for things he had nothing to do with. That's weakness. Not the apology, the fact that he thinks he's going to mend fences with other countries by saying "oops, sorry". And who did that impress? All our new friends in the Middle East that still loathe us? The French and other Europeans? I want my president in the business of running our country like a well oiled machine, taking care of its citizens, not galavanting around the globe stooping and bowing and generally looking like a bitch to world leaders. If he's in any kind of popularity contest, it should be with his boss, the people of the US, not other countries or world leaders.

Watch his speeches, tell me he doesn't look as if he's physically trying to hold back on his delivery. Every word out of his mouth is *too* measured and just make for good applause lines and quotes for the papers and TV. Sure he can read a teleprompter quite well, but every time I've seen him talking off the cuff, he gets rattled easily and seems easily annoyed. I would love to see him debate Trump if it ever comes to that. Trump would tear him a new asshole.

Blake1970

Reaction score
Neither of the two for me. I wish we could get an independent in office that has no ties to either party.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
Ron Paul. That is all. :hbang:

The problem with this is not the candidate, but the people. Hes the right leader for the wrong country.

You don't hire a sweet loving teacher for a class of misfits, you get somebody who can get shit in line working properly.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
To answer your question Dave, he's both. He's smug in general to his opponents stateside and a coward in worldly affairs. It's not the US President's job to run around apologizing for things he had nothing to do with. That's weakness. Not the apology, the fact that he thinks he's going to mend fences with other countries by saying "oops, sorry". And who did that impress? All our new friends in the Middle East that still loathe us? The French and other Europeans? I want my president in the business of running our country like a well oiled machine, taking care of its citizens, not galavanting around the globe stooping and bowing and generally looking like a bitch to world leaders. If he's in any kind of popularity contest, it should be with his boss, the people of the US, not other countries or world leaders.

Watch his speeches, tell me he doesn't look as if he's physically trying to hold back on his delivery. Every word out of his mouth is *too* measured and just make for good applause lines and quotes for the papers and TV. Sure he can read a teleprompter quite well, but every time I've seen him talking off the cuff, he gets rattled easily and seems easily annoyed. I would love to see him debate Trump if it ever comes to that. Trump would tear him a new asshole.

The first paragraph I thoroughly disagree with so I'll leave that where it is as to persue that would be completely pointless.

The second paragraph I can get on board with, when he knows what he's going to say he's solid, but when posed with a random question that he's not sure how to answer he stammers and looks very uncomfortable.

One thing I will say is that in my opinion, the US people are definitely not the boss of their government and if you can name a country where that is actually the case I'd be very interested to hear about it.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
The first paragraph I thoroughly disagree with so I'll leave that where it is as to persue that would be completely pointless.

The second paragraph I can get on board with, when he knows what he's going to say he's solid, but when posed with a random question that he's not sure how to answer he stammers and looks very uncomfortable.

One thing I will say is that in my opinion, the US people are definitely not the boss of their government and if you can name a country where that is actually the case I'd be very interested to hear about it.

With regard to the first bit, fair enough :yesway:

Who does the commander in chief and other politicians in the US report to? No one? I know it seems that way most of the time, but in theory, *we* the people are the ones who they should answer to. "...E we elect them, E we eject them..." and so on. I'm not interested in other country's leaders as far as this direct comparison is concerned.

Sephiroth952

Ibby Fanboy
Reaction score
Ima follow in the path of Lewis Black... Ronald Reagan's dead and/or renimated corpse for president. That is all.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Is that a serious question? :rofl:

I can see Trump stirring up some shit, but I seriously don't see him winning. A lot of what he says just sounds reckless to me... Another fuckin' cowboy. :shrug:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
I don't want to have casual tea with my president. I don't want the president to be on the television every day giving speeches to minorities or under fed kids. I don't want a president that everybody likes or one that tries to make everyone like them.

I want a president, (whether its a ma,n womon, robot, or flaming insane clown possey fanatic) to run this country with the authority and tact worthy or a world super power. Somebody that will make the hard decisions and not kiss asses while doing it. Someone who doesn't follow the lines or party boundaries, but does what they have to do to make sure this country is not in debt to any other nation.

Is that so much to ask?

So you want a president that only works for you... Screw everyone else in the country... I see.

Furthermore, ass-kissing--while frowned upon--is a rather necessary part of interactions with ppl in every day life whether you're the president or not. I don't know what type of job you have, but those that work in an office environment get used to having to kiss a little ass from time to time less they stagnate forever in the same position or simply get let go. There are exceptions, of course...

It's just a fact of life that ppl in a position to help you out typically don't want you all up in their face like you're entitled to something. Our last president had the "I'm gonna do what I want attitude and now we're in the economic crisis everyone expects Obama to sweep up in 2 weeks and move on."

The truth of the matter is that no matter what ALL of these ppl are only going to tell you what they think they have to tell you to get your vote. Once they have it they push whatever agenda they had planned. Don't act so surprised. :shrug:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Yeah, so.. News flash: the President ultimately doesn't have much power. He's a public figure, and all he needs to be is a face. Hate Obama all you want, but he's not a bad guy, and he wouldn't be able to ruin your life even if he wanted to.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
In regards to the smugness... I've seen plenty of white presidents that were smug as fuck. I don't remember it mentioned. I hate to turn this into a race thing and I hope it doesn't turn into a huge racial debate, but I've been noticing that things ppl would typically dismiss in a [100%] white man, they seem to bitch about in Barrack.

These are also the first ppl to defend themselves with a "I'm not racist, but..." before it's even brought up.

Just an observation... :shrug:

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Goddamn this thread title and the banners it's generating.

I have a ad for Guitar Center Easter Weekend sale or something along those lines but last night I had an ad with Trump on it, thought it was pretty ironic.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
In regards to the smugness... I've seen plenty of white presidents that were smug as fuck. I don't remember it mentioned. I hate to turn this into a race thing and I hope it doesn't turn into a huge racial debate, but I've been noticing that things ppl would typically dismiss in a [100%] white man, they seem to bitch about in Barrack.

Just an observation... :shrug:

Nobody but you has brought up the racial angle in this thread. I remember all the other white presidents I grew up with starting with Carter and going forward and I can't remember any of them as smug as Obama comes off. At least in my opinion. He's got the others beat hands down.

And I don't think it has anything to do with him being black. I think he just, as an individual, buys into the shit that people are/were saying about him. That he was so different, the hope, the change, etc. I think a lot of people did vote for him solely on the color of his skin though, which is pathetic, in my opinion.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, so.. News flash: the President ultimately doesn't have much power. He's a public figure, and all he needs to be is a face. Hate Obama all you want, but he's not a bad guy, and he wouldn't be able to ruin your life even if he wanted to.

Good lord. I agree with you, Adam. What kind of witchcraft is this?!

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Orb, the public/media/voice of the people rarely has anything good to say about Obama, so he's not buying into any bullshit.. He's holding his composure. I don't think the man's ego appears large enough, actually.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Orb, the public/media/voice of the people rarely has anything good to say about Obama, so he's not buying into any bullshit.. He's holding his composure. I don't think the man's ego appears large enough, actually.

Ummm, I remember the run up to his election win and the honeymoon thereafter and sorry, I don't remember them talking shit about him or making it seem like he wasn't doing a good job. It's only now, about 2+ years in, that the cracks are starting to show and he's getting called out for it. So prior to now, the *majority* of what I've heard from *most* media outlets, has been praise, fawning and doe-eyed admiration.

So yeah, I think he bought into most, if not all of the praise that was thrown his way. And continues to do so. And no, surprise, I don't think he deserves it, and he does need an ego check. That's what the mid-term elections were for him, an ego-check, and this next election will be the same thing, no matter who he ends up running against.

')