Obama vs Trump 2012

Obama or Trump?

• Total voters

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Nobody but you has brought up the racial angle in this thread. I remember all the other white presidents I grew up with starting with Carter and going forward and I can't remember any of them as smug as Obama comes off. At least in my opinion. He's got the others beat hands down.

And I don't think it has anything to do with him being black. I think he just, as an individual, buys into the shit that people are/were saying about him. That he was so different, the hope, the change, etc. I think a lot of people did vote for him solely on the color of his skin though, which is pathetic, in my opinion.

Innauguration Day: "It's nice to see a change from all the rappers and thugs..." - Commentator.

Why is this a necessary point to even address on a day like that? Especially considering we're discussing our nations's leader? It just goes to show that that is what mainstream white America EXPECTS from us whether you and your peers do or not.

I don't remember which channel it was, but I saw something a Congressman had been sending around on the news soon thereafter... It was a grid with all of the president faces on it except the very last one. It was just a black square w/ eyes...

Just recently I heard about an email going around up there with a cartoon of several monkeys or Barrack's head on a monkey's body and it says "No wonder they can't find the birth certificate..."

It's certainly walking like a duck...

Again, this may not be an attitude you take, but you're one of several hundred thousand. The Tea Party, to me, seems to be like the Republicans' embarassing redneck cousins and unfortunately, as they gain popularity, it appears to me that there are more like-minded folks in this country than I'd once thought.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vidge

Reaction score
Yeah, so.. News flash: the President ultimately doesn't have much power. He's a public figure, and all he needs to be is a face. Hate Obama all you want, but he's not a bad guy, and he wouldn't be able to ruin your life even if he wanted to.

:yesway:

The ones pulling the strings need somebody else to take the beating for the consequences = US President.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Ummm, I remember the run up to his election win and the honeymoon thereafter and sorry, I don't remember them talking shit about him or making it seem like he wasn't doing a good job. It's only now, about 2+ years in, that the cracks are starting to show and he's getting called out for it. So prior to now, the *majority* of what I've heard from *most* media outlets, has been praise, fawning and doe-eyed admiration.

So yeah, I think he bought into most, if not all of the praise that was thrown his way. And continues to do so. And no, surprise, I don't think he deserves it, and he does need an ego check. That's what the mid-term elections were for him, an ego-check, and this next election will be the same thing, no matter who he ends up running against.

"Yeah, well, that one time, I didn't like how things were going, so I'm going to bitch about them as if that's the way things are now too.":nuts:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
And ppl have been talking shit about Obama since like 2 months after Innauguration... I dunno where this "It's only after 2+ years..." shit is coming from. Someone just sounds like a bitter bitter McCain supporter... :lol:

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Innauguration Day: "It's nice to see a change from all the rappers and thugs..." - Commentator.

Why is this a necessary point to even address on a day like that? Especially considering we're discussing our nations's leader? It just goes to show that that is what mainstream white America EXPECTS from us whether you and your peers do or not.

I don't remember which channel it was, but I saw something a Congressman had been sending around on the news soon thereafter... It was a grid with all of the president faces on it except the very last one. It was just a black square w/ eyes...

Just recently I heard about an email going around up there with a cartoon of several monkeys or Barrack's head on a monkey's body and it says "No wonder they can't find the birth certificate..."

It's certainly walking like a duck...

Again, this may not be an attitude you take, but you're one of several hundred thousand. The Tea Party, to me, seems to be like the Republicans' embarassing redneck cousins and unfortunately, as they gain popularity, it appears to me that there are more like-minded folks in this country than I'd once thought.

So I ask, what did you expect from people? I mean, racism didn't cease to exist the day he was elected :scratch:

When the next cowboy / country bumpkin white guy gets elected they'll be a slew of bumper stickers about how he's mentally challenged, dumb, village missing it's idiot, etc all over again. So what? People are entitled to their opinions... right or wrong.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
So I ask, what did you expect from people? I mean, racism didn't cease to exist the day he was elected :scratch:

When the next cowboy / country bumpkin white guy gets elected they'll be a slew of bumper stickers about how he's mentally challenged, dumb, village missing it's idiot, etc all over again. So what? People are entitled to their opinions... right or wrong.

You're confusing me now... First you say... "I dont think it's racism." Then I point it out and you ask me what did I expect. This convo is deteriorating fast. Have a nice day, Orb. I'll let you win this one.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
And ppl have been talking shit about Obama since like 2 months after Innauguration... I dunno where this "It's only after 2+ years..." shit is coming from. Someone just sounds like a bitter bitter McCain supporter... :lol:

Sounds like someone is konfyouzd if they think I supported McCain :lol:
You guys must have selective amnesia, the Left has been wetting it's pants over the guy since he announced his bid for the presidency... Hope, Change, etc, you guys forget all about that crap or what? The Right has been dogging him since about the same time the Left started busting a Forrest Gump over the notion of a Democrat that might actually win. I never said the Right liked the guy... the honeymoon has been on the Left, how with this guy in office, things would be different, he would make all things transparent, etc... and almost all of it turned out to be bullshit.

Sounds a lot like the people on the Left can't handle criticism for their "chosen one". :scratch::lol:

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
You're confusing me now... First you say... "I dont think it's racism." Then I point it out and you ask me what did I expect. This convo is deteriorating fast. Have a nice day, Orb. I'll let you win this one.

Let me clarify, I don't think his race has anything to do with his smugness. Get it? I don't think most people view him as smug, because of the color of his skin. Get it? I don't deny however, that *some* people hate him, just by the fact that he's of the darker persuasion, which I would say yes, is racism. See the delineation?

Black man is not equal to "smug" in my book and the people I know. Black folks don't own the patent on being smug, anyone can be smug, just look at Randy and Adam :fawk::lol: I don't think they're black... :lol:

You brought up the racial commentators and whatnot, making dumb jokes and off-color comments (pardon the pun) so yeah, that to me is racial or racism.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I think South Park summed it up perfectly... sometimes you have to choose between a Big Douche and a Turd Sandwich.

As someone who leans moderately towards the Right... I normally tend to begrudgingly vote Republican... even though I disagree with about 40% of their agendas... but I tend to disagree with the Dems 60%... so I choose the lesser of two turds...

I hated Clinton back in the day from everything the sensationalized agenda-driven media told me... now that I'm on the inside looking out, I must admit... he might have been one of the greatest presidents we ever had... its very unfortunate he got mired down in BJ-gate and that put an end to a lot of his ability to get stuff done in the last couple years, but some of the stuff I've learned about him has blown my mind and I wish he would run again...

Conversely, I loved Bush and his 'pro-military' and 'Don't Mess With Texas' appearance while I was in the Marine Corps, but now I've learned a lot from current co-workers that now makes me realize he was actually anything but that...

Sometimes it's unbelievable how different things really are from what we're told they are....

I think Obama and Bush are two of the worst presidents in US history... they're worse than William Harrison and he only made it a fucking month before he died... :wallbash:

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Let me clarify, I don't think his race has anything to do with his smugness. Get it? I don't think most people view him as smug, because of the color of his skin. Get it? I don't deny however, that *some* people hate him, just by the fact that he's of the darker persuasion, which I would say yes, is racism. See the delineation?

Black man is not equal to "smug" in my book and the people I know. Black folks don't own the patent on being smug, anyone can be smug, just look at Randy and Adam :fawk::lol: I don't think they're black... :lol:

You brought up the racial commentators and whatnot, making dumb jokes and off-color comments (pardon the pun) so yeah, that to me is racial or racism.

You continue to miss my point.

The point was that these comments go to show what is expected of a black man and the fact that he stands his ground comes off as smug to those who don't like him as a result of his race in a lot of cases. I don't know how many times I've said that I'm not talking directly to you, so quit actin' so but hurt about it and let it be. Racist ppl exist and they say a lot of stupid shit they can't back up when talking about the president. That's what I said... That's all I've been saying.

If you still don't get it, then we're officially done here. I won't be coming back to this thread and I can see one of your 90 page pseudo-epic responses coming sooner than later. Save it for someone w/ that kind of time. :yesway:

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
You continue to miss my point.

The point was that these comments go to show what is expected of a black man and the fact that he stands his ground comes off as smug to those who don't like him as a result of his race in a lot of cases. I don't know how many times I've said that I'm not talking directly to you, so quit actin' so but hurt about it and let it be. Racist ppl exist and they say a lot of stupid shit they can't back up when talking about the president. That's what I said... That's all I've been saying.

If you still don't get it, then we're officially done here. I won't be coming back to this thread and I can see one of your 90 page pseudo-epic responses coming sooner than later. Save it for someone w/ that kind of time. :yesway:

Settle down man, I'm not butt hurt by your comments or opinions and I'm not going to launch into a tirade or epic post detailing all the ways you're wrong and I'm right. We agree, racist people do certainly exist. I think we're missing each others' points because yeah, I'm still at a loss. Forgive the stereotype for a second, but I'm sorry, I don't see Obama as a "strong black man". To me anyway, he's a man first, politician second and black man a distant third and the last one has zero bearing on whether I like him or dislike him. I realize I'm not *everyone* and that everyone doesn't think of him that way.

I don't see him as someone that sticks to his guns or his principles. I think he's bent and buckled at every opportunity. That's not a strong leader to me. Compromise, or the ability to do so, is admirable and I accept that it's sometimes necessary, as opposed to lying and buying into a bunch of lofty feel good bullshit, and then realizing that the job you sought requires some hard fucking work and some hard fucking decisions. I think that's where Obama is at, hard decisions and the inability to act decisively because he's too afraid to hurt someone's feelings or step on some toes.

That's all, you're free to hate me or those that think the same way, but just know that not *every* fucking Obama hater out there is basing it on the color of his skin. And regardless, I still like you as a person on here, keep your pimp hand strong :yesway:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
You Yanks are really fucking passionate about politics. :ugh: We just vote for the guy who is the lesser douchebag and hope to fuck everything goes okay.

')