Oblivion

• Thread starter soliloquy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soliloquy

Reaction score
/\ he may have had his crazy moments here and there, and he had had some silly/bad movies here and there, but i just LOVE his acting. some of his movies like the last samurai, and minority report, or even collateral were awesome movies!

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, that one does look pretty neat. I am sure I could guess the plotline, but that is hardly the point.

I agree with your Soliloquy, with the exception of the last Samurai :lol:, thought it was an pretty lame movie, and having it rewritten so he wouldn't die because he refused to die kind of kills it.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
/\ he may have had his crazy moments here and there, and he had had some silly/bad movies here and there, but i just LOVE his acting. some of his movies like the last samurai, and minority report, or even collateral were awesome movies!

Indeed. No one can be Tom Cruise. His role as Vincent in Collateral is probably my favorite role of his, he goes pure badass in that movie.

Sometimes his movies have been okay in spite of him (for example, I wasn't actually that much of a fan of him in Last Samurai), but more often than not, he delivers.

Danukenator

Kane's Bane
Reaction score
Frankly, I'm just excited to have more Sci-Fi films. This has a chance to be good while (deep down) I knew Lockout wouldn't be :lol:.

I also liked Cruise in Ghost Protocol. He isn't the worlds best actor be he gives consistent, solid performance.

TasmanSam

Reaction score
Just going to necro this a little bit.

I went and saw this last night, I thought it was pretty good.

The story line had some nice twists and turns, most of them were fairly predictable but it was still a great watch nonetheless :yesway:

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
I enjoyed this. I didn't really like Tom Cruise in it, since he acts the same in every role he has these days... but I did enjoy the plot.

The story was probably a bit too ambitious to tell in 2 hours. So, at points it seemed sort of rushed but I highly doubt it was the director and writers that caused this (damn you studios and your editing).

I thought it was a solid sci-fi movie. It borrows a lot from many other movies (Moon, The Matrix, 2001) but it kept things interesting!

Latest posts

')