Obscura/ex-Necrophagist drummer Hannes Grossman to release instructional DVD.

• Thread starter ryaneatsbrains
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ryaneatsbrains

AMONGSTtheMACHINES
Reaction score
"Progressive Concepts for the Modern Metal Drummer." courtesy of Mr. Hannes Grossman

Obscura just finished tracking their next release "Omnivium", and with the entire process still fresh in his mind he felt like creating an instructional DVD. It will entail various chapters about hand/foot techniques, blast beats, advanced double bass drumming, rhythmic modulations, and song and performance tutorials.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
If I was a drummer, I'd buy this in a heartbeat. Hannes is sick.

metallidude3

Reaction score
Best thing I've heard in a long time, I'm not a drummer and i still might buy this Hannes is a great dude.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Great news. Even if I have no idea of drumming. Didn't know that Hannes was ex-Necrophagist though.

ryaneatsbrains

AMONGSTtheMACHINES
Reaction score
After Grossman departed Muhammed recruited a living legend in the world of drums and percussion for Summer Slaughter 2007, Marco Minnemann. After Minnemann departed to pursue his own musical endeavors the group crossed paths with Romain Goulon, a french death metal powerhouse who is able to play along to any and all of the Necrophagist discography.

I haven't heard much of anything out of the Necrophagist camp in quite some time [I have heard a new track, but this "new" track was released around this time last year]. I remember reading that they were going to release a new full length this past summer but nothing came to pass.

Sami the second guitarist recently released his solo material, Radiance

Latest posts

')