Obscura (the band) kicks ass

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
(for you guys who dig necrophagist-style deathmetal)

Their debut Cosmogenesis apparently kicks major ass.

have some Anticosmic Overload:
[myspacevid]51596679[/myspacevid]

Christian Muenzner and Hannes Grossman both ex-Necrophagist with spontaneous guest-appearances by Ron Jarzombek and our own forum member Tymon (Cynic), a fretless bass (old Pestilence bassist) and spaced out sci-fi lyrics makes this technical deathmetal band provide you with good music!

some other tracks are on their myspace OBSCURA new video on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

metal storm says its in the stores March 2nd, it's an instant buy for me :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
I saw these guys live with the old lineup (two guitars, no bassist, drums) supporting suffocation at a munich gig a few years ago, they kicked ass back then too.
Muenzner is so ridiculously clean, i hate him! :)

Martin_777

7 String Engineer
Reaction score
Awesome. Playing this kind of music looks so easy in this vid. But i bet for sure it's not. :bowdown:

That Ran is awesome, odd headstock though.

To me the Ran looks really odd ... like some cheap import from god-knows-where-in-Asia. Definitely not my taste!

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow, sick indeed... I'm not a big death metal fan, but I enjoyed that! I think it was the recognizable sections that were musical in themselves, and fit together well. More than just super-fast non-stop blast beats. :yesway:

Killer drummer, too! :bowdown:

Petef2007

Reaction score
Obscura are immense, i'm not usually a huge tech death fan but "Cosmogenesis" has that old school Death vibe to it, not to mention i'm constantly impressed by Steffan's Chuck Schuldiner-esque vocals.

Apparently theres also an album out by them called "Retribution", although it seems to be a completely different lineup to what it is today.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't wait for my pre-order package to arrive.

Also, Pete. Who said you were allowed in here :squint: :D

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
one of my customers, OrsusMetal on here, just turned me on to this band yesterday, they are truly great.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
New favorite band. His lead style is everything I want mine to be. Very spacey.

ire_works

Djent ,Djent ,Djent
Reaction score
The way i describe them to other people is like Necrophagist , except better in every way. The vocals are much more diverse , the bands flows well together without it being a constant blastbeat assault , the leads are tastier not just constant sweep tapping , and most importantly , THEY HAVE RIFFS!!!

just my opinion , but hot damn they're awsome.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
The way i describe them to other people is like Necrophagist , except better in every way. The vocals are much more diverse , the bands flows well together without it being a constant blastbeat assault , the leads are tastier not just constant sweep tapping , and most importantly , THEY HAVE RIFFS!!!

Oh please... by all means Obscura is good. But don't compare the cats to the lions ;) that has to be the most uni dimensional view of Necro's music I've ever heard.

that said, this is good :yesway:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score

just my opinion , but hot damn they're awsome.

i agree with your perspective.

')