Obscure OD pedals

• Thread starter Leuchty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That multiwave distortion looks WILD!

My bandmate uses a Bad Monkey and also has had a Boss Bass Overdrive in his pedalboard which sounds incredibly thick and creamy on guitar.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Minoin

Scientist
Reaction score
No-one ever tried the Fulltone Distortion Pro? Seems like a boutique pedal to me.
Or the Fulltone ODC?? It is say to be the most expressive boostpedals of all.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
man, he had a killswitch Button!!!! :eek:

that is an interesting pedal.. that i have no use for lol.

one of the guys on my other forum swears by his full tone GT.

Scoop_89

Reaction score
Could anyone try to explain to me what the difference soundwise is between symmetrical and asymmetrical clipping and what the hell is it?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
soundwise? plug in a stock SD-1 and then a stock TS808 and listen? that's short for i dunno.. im gonna quit while im behind lol

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
I think I'm going to start a collection of overdrives/boosts.:lol:

Any donations will be appreciated:lol:

Anyone have/tried the rocktron NITRO BOOSTER?

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
That multiwave distortion looks WILD!

Yeah, watching that vid with Chuck Garvey again has made me 100% sure I'll be acquiring one in the near future.

...and also has had a Boss Bass Overdrive in his pedalboard which sounds incredibly thick and creamy on guitar.

That's all Buzz Osborne uses nowadays in his rig for distortion, two Boss Bass OD's. :agreed: Just that, and a couple of solid state power amps into 12" and 15" loaded cabs. Interestingly, there's still room for a bass in their mix... probably aided by that fact that he doesn't tune anywhere near down as low as certain people here. :lol:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Steve is a HUGE Melvins fan... that probably explains the Bass Overdrive and his perpetual desire to get a 15" speaker.

Pewtershmit

Reaction score
Heres one!

I bought this about a year ago, and the minute I got it, I told myself I would never sell it. It's amazing.

BK Butler Tube Driver

td1.jpg

Absolutley incredible and incredibly versatile. It's doesn't tighten the sound at all like a lot of overdrives, it gives a bit crunch and makes the tone fat as hell. Volume up and the drive down, It makes the greatest boost for a solo, ever. Then you can crank it up by itself get some blues, even some crunchy distortion stuff. Its awesome. I will never part with it.

I think I have a clip on sec hmmmmmm

SoundClick artist: Explosivo - A rag tag bunch of hooligans and flim flams

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Heres one!

I bought this about a year ago, and the minute I got it, I told myself I would never sell it. It's amazing.

BK Butler Tube Driver

td1.jpg

Absolutley incredible and incredibly versatile. It's doesn't tighten the sound at all like a lot of overdrives, it gives a bit crunch and makes the tone fat as hell. Volume up and the drive down, It makes the greatest boost for a solo, ever. Then you can crank it up by itself get some blues, even some crunchy distortion stuff. Its awesome. I will never part with it.

Yeah! thats the shit! something different. nice man.

dorfmeister

Reaction score
I've got several great little known dirt pedals:

Tronographic Rusty Box

1.jpg

Dwarfcraft Eau Claire Thunder

ect.jpg

Coopersonic Twin Tube

coopersonic_tubeoverdrive_001.jpg

Death by Audio Interstellar Overdriver Supreme

iso-supreme.jpg

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm a HUGE fan of this pedal.
seymour%20duncan%20sfx1.gif

it doesnt color your tone at all, and works great with single coils as well. i'm totally happy with it.

ellengtrgrl

Reaction score
Heres one!

BK Butler Tube Driver

td1.jpg

I HAD ONE OF THOSE!! I used it from the late 80s through the 90s as first my distortion tone, and then as a lead boost. Unfortunately, I had to sell it in late 2000, when I hit a money crunch! :( I MISS MINE! I also miss my reissue DOD 250 Overdrive pre-amp, that I had to sell, when I sold Gumby, my Dearmond Sevenstar, last month. It was a decent clean boost, and in a pinch, geve some extra basic overdrive, ifd I was stuck using somebody else's amp, that was lacking in the drive department. I had my 250 Overdrive 250 for 10 years. When I had some extra money a week later, I went back to Music Go Round, to see about buying it back, and it was sold! :( I need to get another one!

48449.jpg

Her's another one - Blackstone Appliances, MosFET Overdrive. It's kind of pricey at $225, but it uses basically a small MosFext amp to do the clipping. It's also a 2-channel pedal - VERY intriguing!

2SV3_260.jpg

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
I don't like yellow ones. I use a green one.

I read a really great review in Guitar Player of the Fulltone Sparkle Drive, and I'd like to check one out.

')