Obscure OD pedals

• Thread starter Leuchty
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SS.Org's Irish Guy
Reaction score
anyone here have one of these?

multiscreamer.jpg

PLEASE tell me thats not photoshopped!!!!!!!

DO WANT!!! :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DreamState

Reaction score
I've actually been using a Boss PW-2 Power Driver for a bit of a slightly different distorted sound. Apparently they were really poor sellers, but I really dig the way they sound

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
Every time I've tried out a Krank Krankshaft, the bloody thing broke. Just popped and stopped working.

Pieces of crap.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
heard good things about the digitech bad monkey. (Also green.)

490-large.jpg

I used to have one of those. It sounded golden in front of the Marshall VS100 I had for a while. It really tightened up the tone, and made it sound pretty sweet.

In front of my Mesa Nomad, Sovtek Mig100H, and a lot of other amps, it sounded like somebody threw a dead cat on my speakers. :lol: I think they are best in front of solid state amps :2c:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
That multiwave distortion looks WILD!

My bandmate uses a Bad Monkey and also has had a Boss Bass Overdrive in his pedalboard which sounds incredibly thick and creamy on guitar.

Ha! I don't remember, did you play around with Josh's while at Kevan's a few months ago?

dorfmeister

Reaction score
Damage Control Demonizer and Womanizer are really nice pedals.

DEATH BY AUDIO!!!! ftw

I used to have the Womanizer and really liked it. Great pedal. I treated it like it was an amp. Other pedals into it and then into a multi-effects box, then to headphones.

The Interstellar Overdriver Supreme is a fantastic pedal. Might be my favorite.

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
not really an OD but my sound engineer swears by the Creation Labs MK 4.23 clean boost. And having tried it, I will totally agree. Totally transparent, warm, sexy awesomeness

Nick1

Reaction score
Right now I have several Overdrive/Distortions....

1. Blackstar Dual (Best Ive ever tried!) It does NOT sound at all like a pedal. It REALLY sounds like its from the amp. Best $200.00 Ive spent on a pedal.

2. MXR Distortion III (Good Medium Gain Dirt thats not too mid heavy or Scooped)

3. MXR Custom Shop Overdrive (EXACT same as the Zakk OD. But the Custom Shop has a switch inside that slightly boosts the gain to make it the Zakk OD)

4. MXR Classic Distortion (Decent Marshall JCM 800 Style Pedal)

5. Boss SD-1 (TS-9 Copy, low gain, good sustain and lots of mids)

6. Boss DS-1 (BRIGHT Rockin Distortion)

7. Marshall Jackhammer (Warm-slightly muddy, High gain)

8. Marshall Blues Breaker II (Very similar to the SD-1)

9. AMT Electronics California Sound (VERY High gain! Slightly Processed Sounding. A lot like the Line 6 insane)

10. Ibanez TS-9 Great Warm mids are sustain.)

Out of all of those my favorite is the Blackstar due to its amazing versatility and killer tube tone!

')