Obsidian [ITA] My FIRST 2 songs uploaded!

• Thread starter ChuckLee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChuckLee

R.I.P. Chuck
Reaction score
Hello everybody.
I'm pretty new (few months) to the home recording thing and I've been learning all I know from this awesome forum.
I've uploaded two songs in my soundclick and myspace profiles and would like to share them to know what are the feedback about my music.
I'm a 1man band so the vocals are from me too and I think it's the part that need to be fixed more than others (either in performing, recording and mixing), but hey I've never been a singer before so get me as a newbie on that :rolleyes:

SoundClick artist: Obsidian (ITA) - I want to create something new and in the same time powerful, melodies included. I compose both gui
Obsidian [ITA] on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Enjoy my tunes guys :hbang:
CL

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bobo

Reaction score
That some sick riffing man :hbang: And even if you're not satisfied with the vocals, I have to give you credit for using clean vocals. Maybe a bit monotone on the vocals though, and a bit too low in the mix. Still a very good start to be new at it, you're way ahead of me lol.

Are you using two guitar tracks? I'm used to hearing two hard panned guitar tracks, but doesn't sound like that here?

ChuckLee

R.I.P. Chuck
Reaction score
That some sick riffing man :hbang: And even if you're not satisfied with the vocals, I have to give you credit for using clean vocals. Maybe a bit monotone on the vocals though, and a bit too low in the mix. Still a very good start to be new at it, you're way ahead of me lol.

Are you using two guitar tracks? I'm used to hearing two hard panned guitar tracks, but doesn't sound like that here?

Well this is more than a good feedback!! thanks brother.
Yes, I'm using two guitar tracks for distorted, 1 for clean and 1 for solos.
About the vocals, I've voluntarily kept the tracks lower in the mix right because I didn't want to mess up the whole song due to a bad vocal performance/mixing. I also agree on the monotone.

Looking forward to hear some more feedback guys!

ChuckLee

R.I.P. Chuck
Reaction score
SOUNDCLICK CHART:
# 47 in Metal out of 96,013 songs
# 14 in Progressive Metal out of 7,678 songs

Is this for real? If so, it would be awesome :hbang:

troyguitar

Reaction score
Bring those vocals up, dude. You're the only person I know of in the whole world making music like this with actual singing, stand up and sing it loud and proud. This is literally monumental ground-breaking work.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Sounds good! I like it. Like Troy said, bring the vocals up a bit. Maybe 4dB or so.
The production is pretty decent :)
Just incase you don't know - there is already a (very awesome!) progressive metal band called Obsidian :)

Bobo

Reaction score
Ever thought about letting some guys here throw some vocals on the track? Just a thought.

Just incase you don't know - there is already a (very awesome!) progressive metal band called Obsidian :)

It's an Obsidian Conspiracy! lol

ChuckLee

R.I.P. Chuck
Reaction score
You guys are great, thanks for the feedbacks!
I'm working on the voice mix and performance, so the next tracks will hopefully give the voice its deserved space.
Again, everyone, your posts are really motivating and help me to obtain the best out of my music.
Rock on :shred:

ChuckLee

R.I.P. Chuck
Reaction score
And yes, I knew about the other Obsidian, that's why I added -ita- to mine to identify where I am from. LOL it's not a conspiracy :lol:

')