Oceano Studio Update Thread!

• Thread starter DevinShidaker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Hey guys, my band, Oceano, has recently entered Planet Z studios in Hadley, Massachusetts to record our sophomore album for Earache Records, entitled "Contagion". Here is the first of our studio update videos. We decided to just have fun with it, and this is what happened. hope you guys enjoy! :hbang:

PS I'll be updating this thread as new videos are released

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eventhetrees

What's a Panini?
Reaction score
Pretty funny video.

So I'm confused about the bands line up. According to Wiki Oceano has 2 brand new guitarists as of 2010?

The guitar player in this video:

Isn't in the band anymore?

Just curious, interested to see what the new stuff will sound like with 2 new guitarists...

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
I still can't get into this. To me, it sounds like every other deathcore band.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Andy, the old guitar player, is not in the band anymore (and we're doing better than ever I might add).

And ittoa, it's not going to appeal to everyone. But at least reserve your judgement until there is more music up, and not just 15 seconds of drums.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
The video was pretty funny dude. Congrats on getting into the band and glad to hear things are going well. Keep us posted when some new tunage comes about!

Ricky_Gallows

lyketotallybrashdude
Reaction score
wow drummer looks hella skinny now.

Congrats on the new record....not a huge "deathcore" fan but oceano seriously is on the top 5 most intense bands I've ever seen live.

edit: you guys triggering this album?

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
I really liked Depths alot. Im definitely looking forward to this album :shred:

What guitars/amps are you guys using on the album Devin?

(If I may :D)

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
I laughed when the music started in the beginning of the video. I love your guys' humor. :yesway:

I'll have to keep an eye on this, I haven't heard too much Oceano.

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
I really liked Depths alot. Im defintely looking forward to this album :shred:

What guitars/amps are you guys using on the album Devin?

(If I may :D)

I'm going to be using my semi-custom RG7620. same one that was used on TTEOTD's album, "Malice".

DevinShidaker

"AN IDIOT"
Reaction score
Why not Sturgis this time? because of problems between him and the label?

We wanted an album that sounds real. Sturgis can only really pull off the one sound, he uses the same drum samples for everything, and he uses pods for guitar

using a pod is cool for a demo or scratch tracks, but it just doesn't cut it when you're recording a real album. We decided to go with Zeuss because he's world renown for really really heavy metal.

If you guys liked Depths, you'll be stoked on Contagion for sure, much more mature song writing, but we haven't "changed" our sound like some bands do. What I can say is this, Contagion will be faster, and I lot more pissed off.

')