Octave pedal up

• Thread starter RichIKE
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RichIKE

Warforged
Reaction score
Does any octave pedal exist that will produce an octave up along with the clean signal? my band just lost a guitarist and i am going to fill out some space on basslines.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ostia Man

Contributor
Reaction score
do you mean like in solos and stuff?
what we do is that the bass player will use a bass overdrive obd-3 on any solo or lead parts an it fills up that empty space. the cool thing about that pedal is that you can blend the clean bass with the distorted bass sound so you dont lose the low end or make it muddy. there are other pedals that can do this if thats what you want.

I AM AHAB!!!!
Reaction score
Lots of octave pedals do that depnding on how much you wanna spend. The Digitech Whammy does it, the POG and POG2 does it and the HOG does it. I'm sure theres many more out there to!

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
they may do octave down but alot of them also have the octave up option aswell. What have you been finding? im curious which pedals.

I believe the OC-3 doesn't do Octave up. But it does have nifty drive effect. Plus the biggest gimmick of the OC pedals is that you can use an Octave 1 down and Octave 2 down simultaneously.

Aside from all Digitech Whammys, EH POGs and HOGs (already covered), there's the Boss Harmonist/Super Shifter Pedals. The Digitech Harmony Man I believe can do this also.

IMO the POGs and/or HOGs are the best models for what the OP is looking for. Like the Boss OC pedals, they can have 2 simultaneous harmony to your original sound (one octave up and down) but they're designed for polyphonic playing so you can play chords without that digital glitch effect you'd normally get with every other unit.

Love these kind of pedals, I've got one of every variant (except the Harmony Man... but I want that too). :lol:

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
EH bass micro synth can do an octave up or down well, but is not polyphonic when using the octavers if that matters to you.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
If only there was a forum devoted to bass, and which one could search for octave up pedals.... Ta-dah!

Let me google that for you

Some do pitch shifting, which can sometimes add shimmering artifacts. Some use analog circuitry, which introduces a distorted octave up (also known as octave fuzz). I'd suggest you make a list, and then go to YouTube and look up the specific pieces you're curious about. There are usually a few clips for even the most obscure gear, and such will help you narrow down your search.

Happy reading!

RichIKE

Warforged
Reaction score
I did google. I figured you guys would be of some help and have actual opinions. I'm on talkbass but I prefer this site.

')