OD-9 Power Supply

• Thread starter jamesy_pwd
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
hi, think im gunna get an OD for my birthday, (29 december;)) and i was wondering what power supply i should buy for it, coz i live in australia so i doubt they'd sell a proper maxon one, so what should i get? does it need to be a special type of one (like boss) or could i get anohter brand?

thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LordOVchaoS

NUDE MAN!
Forum MVP
Reaction score
hi, think im gunna get an OD for my birthday, (29 december;)) and i was wondering what power supply i should buy for it, coz i live in australia so i doubt they'd sell a proper maxon one, so what should i get? does it need to be a special type of one (like boss) or could i get anohter brand?

thanks

The boss adapter will work just fine. So long as it's center negative and 9v DC it will get the job done!

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
you can get any equivalent to the Boss power supply, just make shure its 9VDC output, has the correct plug (minus on the inside; 2.2mm inside, 5.5mm outside), and has enough power (i dont know by heart how much current the Maxon draws, but you should be more than safe with a 200mA power supply).

or: if you already have a Boss pedal like the TU-2/NS-2, you can also daisy-chain from this one.

EDIT: damn, NinjaOvDoom :lol:

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
yup,i have a boss NS-2 power supply, i think the maxon draws 6mA i read somewhere... i think :S also, how do you know if the minus is on the inside or outside?

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
the Boss works perfectly!

for "minus @ center" if you buy a new one, its stated on the specs of the packaging, and there is also often a drawing of the plug somewhere on the box, mentioning where is "+" and "-".

jamesy_pwd

.James.
Reaction score
cheers! i found my PSA-240 box and it says minus is in the center, win for me ;), if i buy a daisy chain thing does it have to be minus @ centre or are they already like that?

Latest posts

')