flint757

Reaction score
Hmmm I'd fiddle around with mine, but I've got a test in the morning. If no one has figured it out by then I'll see if i can't figure it out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
hey guys, got a dilemma here.

a Carvin DCM150 popped up on EBay for 100$ that Im thinking of hopping on. after shipping and any potential taxes Id probably be closer to 200$ but still a pretty decent deal right?

another option is the EHX 44 magnum which I can probably get a new one for a similar price.

Id be running this into a mesa thiele 112 with an EVM12L or I could sell the cab and buy an alto.

either way, I need something to power my Axe Fx II for band practices, home playing and stage monitoring for shows.

opinions?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Does anyone have the 412 Metal impulse they'd care to share? I deeply miss that cab.

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions for a recording interface <$300 that plays nice with the Axe-Fx Ultra?

flint757

Reaction score
Just make sure whatever brand you go with has a good track record involving drivers. Bad driver release history (or just bad drivers) means problems later on.

There are some companies that drop support for products upon the release of the next gen.

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
I don't have a Firewire port. I'm trying to find something that I'd be able to go USB with so I could use my laptop in my dorm room for some potential recordings and Axe-Edit.
I've got a Lenovo Y580 20994HU, if that helps.

Genome

Reaction score
Look into the Focusrite Saffire series. I've got the 6 USB and it's not had one problem in the year and a half I've had it.

Very stable and very nice preamps to boot.

tank

Reaction score
Are you asking?

In which case, try a biamp setup, I use SV bass into a 810 and recto into recto cab.
Compression before the SV, lots of low end, big cut at around 500 Hz and make sure you don't have a lot of presence or brightness.
Mid Han setting on the recto, use all the bright and boost options to make it tight and controlled meaning you'll end up with the gain about 1.5-2. Take out all the low end and have a slight cut around 500 and take off the very high end (5-6k+) because there will be loads of it.

Then turn the recto down until you just end up with a normal bass sound with a rumble low end but a broken up, snarly upper mid. If you get the balance right it works great. I have used a second SV with a DRV in front instead of a recto too but I couldn't get a very clear high end.

thanks a lot Dude:hbang:

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Fuck i think my axe fx is broken :(

Today i got to band practice and plugged my axe fx ii into the normal setup and found out midi doesnt work, so my fcb1010 doesnt change patches and also, the metronome is always on, and comes through the amp, even when the metronome is turned off, and the click speed changes if i adjust the metronome speed. Im gonna be shooting FAS an email amd asking over at the fractal boards too but ill be super pissed if it has to go in for repairs.

Doesnt help that my band has an important show this weekend :(

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
For those who don't know, you can get a version 9.0 FW public beta on the fractal audio forums.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
For those who don't know, you can get a version 9.0 FW public beta on the fractal audio forums.

Did people miss this? It's kind of a major release. I haven't tried it yet - only owned my AF2 for a few days. I want to get a feel for it before I install the new version, so I can see if I notice the improvement everyone else did.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Most noticeable change since 6, huuuuge difference. It makes version 8 sound dead haha.

Seriously, massive difference.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Im kinda pissed I have a show sunday, Im not gonna risk running beta firmware for a big show but I wish I could :lol:

gonna download it monday or tuesday and see though :)

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Yeah, lots of people have been saying you don't even have to tweak your presets they just sound, "better."

I'm still waiting for Axe-Edit to be fixed/released with..."The New Paradigm."

')