Syrinx

Reaction score
Hell, I've never had Axe Edit. I got my Axe-Fx II about 2 months ago and have gotten so good at using the knobs, I'm not sure I'll even use AE when it does finally come out *shrug*

Aside from a more visual (and probably more intuitive) interface, what are the advantages of using AE vs. just using the knobs on the unit?

A lot easier to manage patches

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cgraci

Reaction score
Hey can someone please give me their advice. I bought a vht 2502 on eBay and got ripped off so I sent it back. In my cloud of mystery bc all the shit I have to go through I made a quick decision to buy a matrixgt1000fx. I heard a lot of good things about it and a lot of people trading in their vhts for the matrix please tell me I made a good choice!

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey can someone please give me their advice. I bought a vht 2502 on eBay and got ripped off so I sent it back. In my cloud of mystery bc all the shit I have to go through I made a quick decision to buy a matrixgt1000fx. I heard a lot of good things about it and a lot of people trading in their vhts for the matrix please tell me I made a good choice!

I don't think I've seen more than one negative review of their power amps.
most people who use these with their Axe II's seem to love them .

cgraci

Reaction score
Oh great! I actually saw after the burial and asked about Justin Lowe about power amps and he said the same. Also this band called glass cloud uses itas well. I cantwait

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Anyone got tips on getting the recto red modern to sound tight? The other guitarist in my band uses a real life recto with a matching cab and it sounds great. I can't get a tight controlled, yet aggressive tone.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I'm doing the usual high and low passes to cut below ~100hz and above 15000hz.
But even with the bass control rolled back I'm getting so much flub. Boosted with the usual ts808 method.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't do the low pass filter, if turn your input trim up a little on the amp and with your T808 turn the drive off, tone just above half, level all the way up then on the next page turn the Lo-cut up a bit. In the amp bloc just have gain no higher than a half and get extra distortion using the pedal or input trim.

Also I have the Matrix GT1000FX and couldn't be happier, can't remember if I already said that :lol:

Genome

Reaction score
A nice trick for reducing flub and tightening up a high-gain amp,

Use a Filter block before the drive and amp block, set type to High Pass, scroll down to Freq and hit enter, highlight Source and scroll along to "Envelope" then reduce "Max" to around 250 hz.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Thanks for the trick Genome!

Got sick of trying to tweak the mesa into something it refused to be.
The Corncob rules. Tight and aggressive.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't do the low pass filter, if turn your input trim up a little on the amp and with your T808 turn the drive off, tone just above half, level all the way up then on the next page turn the Lo-cut up a bit. In the amp bloc just have gain no higher than a half and get extra distortion using the pedal or input trim.

Also I have the Matrix GT1000FX and couldn't be happier, can't remember if I already said that :lol:

I was doing all of that, had the gain well below half, I think it was at 3.5 or 4.
Still flubflubflub. This isn't even for super low tuning, just B standard on my 7.

Genome

Reaction score
Check the depth control too. On the Mark models for some reason it's defaulting to 7 which is way too high, flub central. I'm not sure what it's set to on the Recto's.

Normally to get rid of flub, roll the bass control back, roll the master volume back to no more than 4, reduce depth to around 2-3, raise the low cut freq, raise Damping a bit*, then the filter trick. You can also cut back on the GEQ in the Amp block, and the low cut in the Cab block.

If all else fails, maybe take a look at your pick up height. If it's a bit low you will get increased bass response. Similar to the proximity effect when micing a cab.

*If you do this, "Hi-Cut" will turn into a Presence control (I prefer this, even if it might not be how the amp actually works, I'm not sure)

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
What strings you using, guy-who-quoted-me? Pickups?

Nix_94

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
So, the Axe-Fx presets are based on actual amps and cabs, yeah?
And so are the effects, right?

I've been wondering if someone with a lot of patience and knowledge of these presets could calculate/has calculated the total costs of buying all of these separately. If no-one's up for a challenge, I'll take one for the team, but I'll need a list with their real-life counterparts. There is no point to this but curiosity has gotten the better of me.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
You have an amp list in the axewiki. Considering there's a Dumble in V10 it starts pretty high. ^^
Modulation effects aren't modeled after real units, some people have made some research to get the settings to sound like reverb X or compressor Y though. Drive pedals are modeled after their own model.

SSK0909

Reaction score
So, the Axe-Fx presets are based on actual amps and cabs, yeah?
And so are the effects, right?

I've been wondering if someone with a lot of patience and knowledge of these presets could calculate/has calculated the total costs of buying all of these separately. If no-one's up for a challenge, I'll take one for the team, but I'll need a list with their real-life counterparts. There is no point to this but curiosity has gotten the better of me.

That would be really cool :) But i forsee some difficulty in conducting such a list. Many of the amps arent available in stores anymore and prices on the older amps vary a lot depending on condition and original parts. But then again, just a somewhat specific list would still be awesome to see :)

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I'd love to see a rough estimate of this. Cabs and mics will help stack that cost up pretty quick!

SSK0909

Reaction score
When conducting the list. You must also comment on what region the prices are based of. Mesa amps cost nearly twice as much in EU compared to US, and European amps such as Marshall costs more in the US due to shipping costs :)

')