redstone

Reaction score
You can't cut everything past 9K with the axe, its filters aren't that efficient. Moreover, the cab fizz issues start way lower, around 5Khz.

It's possible to crank the master on all high gain sims and keep a tight low end. Increase the thumb past 5 if it farts, increase the low cut or use a pedal boost if necessary. My main patch was a cranked recto new, I -> shared <- it before selling the axe.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
You can't cut everything past 9K with the axe, its filters aren't that efficient. Moreover, the cab fizz issues start way lower, around 5Khz.

It's possible to crank the master on all high gain sims and keep a tight low end. Increase the thumb past 5 if it farts, increase the low cut or use a pedal boost if necessary. My main patch was a cranked recto new, I -> shared <- it before selling the axe.

I'll experiment with turning the master up tomorrow when I can turn up a little louder. Should I go through with a notch filter and see if I can locate the hiss frequency or should I use a PEQ block to try to find it?

olli576

Reaction score
I'll experiment with turning the master up tomorrow when I can turn up a little louder. Should I go through with a notch filter and see if I can locate the hiss frequency or should I use a PEQ block to try to find it?

gave recording a go with metal foundry tonight, can anyone give me some tips on improving my bass tone? or guitar tone if you think it's lacking something

https://soundcloud.com/olli576/metamorphosis-full-mix-cover-1

If you can, take the time to download it please so you get the full quality as soundcloud kinda screws with the reverb and bottom end! :)

shawnt3

Reaction score
Just saying that new FAS Modern II sounds awesome! :hbang:
Jammed on it for a good couple of hours last night:shred:

redstone

Reaction score

You might need way more than one filter if your IR is the problem. Try fixing it with your DAW first, imo..

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
anyone finding dialing high gain patches a real pain? I dont know, everything is always too flubby, no matter what I do. and when I finally get it right, its too thin sounding. :scream: EDIT: NVM. I just found out the 4x12 Cali with a U87 mic on it clears up the low end so much!

also finding across the board that any clean tone I dial or hear is way too dull, I go for a bell like chimey tone and my old presets from like FW5/6 are the only things that come close

vinniemallet

EBMM Addicted
Reaction score
Sup guys! I'm thinking about getting an Axe-Fx 2 (I've been using Ultra for some years), but I'm kinda broke with cash, can you guys tell me how much they usually are going for sale used on Europe? If it's possible to find for 1750-1800&#8364; it might be inside my budget.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
Could someone please explain how to set up useful noise gates on the AxeFX II? I can't seem to dial in a good setting.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
Could someone please explain how to set up useful noise gates on the AxeFX II? I can't seem to dial in a good setting.

On Axe fx II manual page 71 explains how the gate block works. That might help?

I use pretty tight gate on my higain patches:
Trsh -55
Ratio 3
Att 1
Rel 1
Hold 7,50

Runander

Reaction score
I borrowed an Axe-Fx II from a friend and I've been fooling around a bit with it today. I hated it for the first half of the day and then I hit the sweet spot. I'm normally a POD user and I love my patches from my POD, but this one, the patch I used on the Axe-FX II (5153 patch, I think), it sounded so much fuller and more solid. Could be because of better cab sims in the Axe.

Definitely a piece of gear to look more into. I'm gonna try and get a hold on a Kemper too so I can compare that one as well.

Anyway, the quest for gear goes on :)

sochmo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ola Englund
ah screw it then. no more posting on sevenstring.org

technomancer:
As you wish

If it's too hard for you to post in the correct section or answer questions people ask you, we don't really need you here.

WOOOW this dude banned freaking OLA ENGLUND from sevenstring, I bet the chump doesnt even know who he is....

ALAN_C

Reaction score
Hi everyone , I'm ready switch to AXE-FX II soonly , anyone had some great tips and tricks for beginner ?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^:lol:

Pretty much!

But yeah, the Axe II is more plug and play now than ever before, my best tips are try EVERYTHING :D

Shask

Reaction score

Fixed Level parameters not modifiable in Custom Shift mode of Pitch block.

Improved Reverb algorithm. This new algorithm has a smoother tail response and a more natural sound. A new reverb type, &#8220;Studio&#8221;, has been added which models classic digital studio reverb units.

Increased maximum modulation depth of Reverb block. This results in more intense modulation effects at high Depth settings.

Improved WahWah block. Improved transfer function yields more authentic and fatter tone. The Wah block now features selectable models of actual wah pedals. The &#8220;Taper&#8221; parameter selects the sweep response. The &#8220;Fat&#8221; parameter modifies the &#8220;pedestal&#8221; of the transfer function which can be used to fatten the response. These parameters are set to default values when a model is selected. Currently available models are:
FAS Standard &#8211; Equivalent to the &#8220;Bandpass&#8221; setting in earlier firmware.
Clyde &#8211; Based on an original Vox Clyde McCoy wah.
Cry Babe &#8211; Based on a Dunlop Cry Baby.
VX846 &#8211; Based on a Vox V846-HW handwired wah.
Color-Tone &#8211; Based on a Colorsound wah.
Funk &#8211; Modeled after the &#8220;Shaft&#8221; sound.
Mortal &#8211; Based on a Morley wah/wolume pedal.

Note: existing presets that use the WahWah block should be reset by selecting or reselecting the desired wah model.

The Amp block now differentiates amps that have both Input Drive and Overdrive controls, i.e. Mesa Mark series, Dumble, etc. When a model is selected for amps of this type, the menu shows both controls. For other types the menu shows only the Input Drive control (which was formerly called simply &#8220;Drive&#8221;). The Overdrive control defaults to noon when amps with this control are selected. As such, any presets based on these amps may need to be updated as this control was not present previously and the amount of drive may differ now. Note that these two controls are applied to the appropriate point in the circuit for the amp being modeled, i.e. for Dumble-style amps the Overdrive is prior to the last triode stage, in Mesa Mark amps the Overdrive is applied prior to the third triode.

The Boost control has been added to the Advanced tab of the Amp block menu as this control position is used for the Drive control for certain models (see above).

Transformer distortion modeling is now independent of transformer match value. Before the amount of distortion was also dependent on the match value making adjustment more difficult.

Added Classic mode of Carol-Ann TripTik amp model. The previous model has been renamed &#8220;TripTik Modern&#8221;.

Added TripTik Clean amp model based on Carol-Ann TripTik clean channel.

Added two custom &#8220;Thordendal&#8221; amp models built to Fredirik Thordendal&#8217;s specifications.

')