theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
“Thordendal” amp models...

I'd love to know if these are modeled of the DAR amps or something else.

Either way, SUPER stoked to try them out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flint757

Reaction score
Not quite what happened bro.

Also, he didn't get banned because of his actions or lack of action, but because he said he wasn't going to post here anymore. When you're already in trouble with the mods they don't take that lightly. You ask for a dirt nap, they give it to you :shrug:.

'Celebs' don't get special privileges around here and honestly I'm grateful for that. Nothing worse than a bunch of prima donnas running around who are 'above the law'.

DropTheSun

Reaction score
“Thordendal” amp models...

I'd love to know if these are modeled of the DAR amps or something else.

Either way, SUPER stoked to try them out.

From axewiki:
Cliff: "It's not a DAR model. It's a custom model based on input from Fredrik

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I bet his main request while designing the amp was that he actually gets to play this one.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
fuarkkkkkkkkkkkkk, I had literally a 10 second play of it before band practice last night. My UV70P with Blaze pickups and everything set to stock was a bit too bassy. Going to try to make time tonight to try again.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
That Mark drive stuff is interesting. Will have to try this :D

The Mark IV and D60M have benefitted HUGELY from it, it've always struggled to get the mark really wet and singing like it is IRL, this has nailed it totally.

It's crazy, I can't wait to try my new guitar with it next week.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Didn'y notice a big difference with the mark honestly, as I nailed it pretty well before that, I still use the old axe1 EQ block after the amp trick. Will try the D60 tonight, I love this amp.

Shask

Reaction score
The Mark IV and D60M have benefitted HUGELY from it, it've always struggled to get the mark really wet and singing like it is IRL, this has nailed it totally.

It's crazy, I can't wait to try my new guitar with it next week.

I notice the D60M is MUCH more like the Deliverance D120 head I had. Definitely made me feel less sad I had to trade it away. :D

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
After nearly 2 years of it being on the market, I've finally ordered one of these, should be with me on Tuesday. Excited isn't the word! :hbang:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Oh man, you're gunna appreciate it even more then!

combustion

Reaction score
what's a way I can get a sub-octave E (string is a .190) on my Dingwall Combustion to sound full without making it sound clicky? I'm using the Axe II (newest update) with a Darkglass B7K into headphones.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
So quick axe fx question that I dont think deserves its own thread.

Im thinking of updating my rig a bit. Right now Im doing my axe fx II straight into my alto ts115a. My band is starting to do bigger shows where we can only bring amp heads and not go direct. Wierd and kinda sucks but thats what we have to deal with. So because of that Im looking to ditch the alto and go with an SS poweramp. The Carvin DCM1540L is what I think Im going to go with but its 1500w and mainly it would go into a 120w 2x12. I know it wont blow easy but with that big of a gap, is it too much regardless?

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Why can't you go direct at the bigger shows?
If they're willing to mic a cab they should have no problem receiving a direct signal.
Worst case scenario, Pretend you're adjusting the mic, unplug the cable and plug it into the rear of your axe fx 2.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Why can't you go direct at the bigger shows?
If they're willing to mic a cab they should have no problem receiving a direct signal.
Worst case scenario, Pretend you're adjusting the mic, unplug the cable and plug it into the rear of your axe fx 2.

lots of bands and switches between sets, also they set out the half stacks so they dont have to put out DI Boxes or anything like that. Plus I personally avoid doing things that can be considered "....ing with the sound guy" because they can .... with your sound way worse, like we all know.

ALso the whole DI thing just hasnt been THAT great except for recording so for live its either do this or pick up a tube head :ugh:

')