This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
They have a Ver 11 Beta up on their forum now. Early reports are saying that the dynamics and dynamics to guitar volume knob changes are much better.

I havent tried it (Just got 10.12, lol), but if the Beta is out, that must mean it is pretty soon. They also said Axe-Edit 3.0 is almost done, so I assume Axe-Edit 3.0 and Ver 11.0 will come out together....

Shask

Reaction score
The fragile parts in a computer are either those with mechanical movement (ie, hard drives) or those submitted to very high performance pressure (ie, graphic cards).
AFAIK the axefx has no mechanical parts aside of the knobs, and the power consumption is nothing like a 400W video monstrosity.
Also, remember most "burnign" issues come from the computer parts being submitted to electicity spikes and come from an old/defective power feed.

I guess you'll be looking for AxefxII replacement knobs well before the axe stops working. (Of course, statistically, some will stop working. But very few of them)

The only major problem I have read about several times is the power supply going out. It seems most common in Europe (Where the wall voltage is twice that of the US), and you can replace the power supply for like $40 or something. Swap the board out.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
OH MY BALLSPLOSION

LORCAN I LOVE YOU

I'm at work humping my desk right now, no joke.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I read about V11 when downloading 10.11 XD
Will wait for official release. That's just going too fast for me :D

Semi-pro

Reaction score
Hey guies! Any idea if I can use an IR made for Axe II with my Axe Standard? I just checked out the Steph Carpenter pack and it's neat. So fun to read his notes and dig the pics! (That red tele 8 with a floyd is outrageous! :D)

Axe wiki said that Standard/Ultra cabs need to be converted for Axe II but said nothing about the other way around...

I know I can't use the patches (obviously) but I thought I could at least check out his cab IR. But now when browsing the files with Axe-Edit, it shows a red slash on the cab icon which I guess means it can't be opened cos I've the Standard model. Is it so or am i just n00bing around? I've never imported cabs to my Axe and would like to check out some badass cabinets, feel free to pm me some or share a link. I like sounds that have a bit of that "air" or feel of space/openness in it... The German and Cali have been good but needed a bit too much of eq (that bump around the 130Hz in the cali is crazy!)

Andless

Reaction score
This difference between an AxeFX and a computer is that music is not getting more demanding for digital processors.

Tell that to Native Instruments and other virtual instruments/sample makers. :squint:

Capturing and processing a guitar signal might be seeing some diminishing returns by now in digital-realm improvements, but I'd say there will always be the GAS for something that can do more with less latency.

Nevertheless, I do agree that for guitar sound processing, I can't imagine replacing my Kemper for the foreseeable future, not for lack of sound quality nor latency, it would be for a completely different reason.

And I suppose that would be true for all the Axe FX owners too.

Shask

Reaction score
Native Instruments has changed music forever :)

What I see also, is everyone is wanting what Fractal and Kemper are doing. What I mean by that, is owners of other products want the same treatment. New things like Fractal's Scenes are becoming a standard, and I am sure other companies will follow. usually being a trend setter is a key to longevity.

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought an axe fx ultra and I can't connect it to the axe edit even though my pc recognizes it, are there any steps that I could follow? I used midiox to see if it was connected and it seems to send midi signals all the time, even if I'm not doing anything with the axe, also in Axe edit I choose the midi input and output to the ones coming from the axe fx but I't says that i check the MIDI I/O, and those cables are well conected, what can I do?

Shask

Reaction score
Hi, I recently bought an axe fx ultra and I can't connect it to the axe edit even though my pc recognizes it, are there any steps that I could follow? I used midiox to see if it was connected and it seems to send midi signals all the time, even if I'm not doing anything with the axe, also in Axe edit I choose the midi input and output to the ones coming from the axe fx but I't says that i check the MIDI I/O, and those cables are well conected, what can I do?

Make sure your cables are crossed.... midi out on the computer goes to the midi in on the axe and the midi in on the computer goes to the midi out on the axe.

Also make sure you are using an old version of axe-edit.

SSK0909

Reaction score
Firmware 11 beta really is a big improvement.

I'm not hearing a huge difference on my recordings, but the feel/dynamics seem greatly improved and through my atomic cab it sounds more like a real amp than before, it kinda fills out the room better and has more of a 3d sound. Difficult to describe, but i recommend everyone to give it a go, it doesnt affect your v. 10 presets that much, at least not mine :)

Shask

Reaction score
That is what I notice. I don't really HEAR a difference, but I can FEEL a difference...

Syrinx

Reaction score
Firmware 11 beta really is a big improvement.

I'm not hearing a huge difference on my recordings, but the feel/dynamics seem greatly improved and through my atomic cab it sounds more like a real amp than before, it kinda fills out the room better and has more of a 3d sound. Difficult to describe, but i recommend everyone to give it a go, it doesnt affect your v. 10 presets that much, at least not mine :)

Just run FractalBot before upgrading and make a backup of all your preset banks to be safe.

Shask

Reaction score

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Usually those cheap ones give you all kinds of problems.

What is already in use? sometimes you can daisy chain them together using MIDI thrus....

Basically I have one in and one out on my interface. The in is being used by my keyboard. Can I work this out with splitters maybe?

')