Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I'm so glad we have a working Axe-Edit again. Finally able to dial in tones again without having to pull my hair out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I never really minded front panel, it was just a bit slower and a lot of swapping pages back and forth. VERY glad to have axe edit back though :)

Who else is loving V11?

Shask

Reaction score
Hopefully I will have time this weekend to try it.

Is the sound that much different from 11b?

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I never got on the beta so I can't chime in. I do notice a nice difference from 10 though. It's hard to put my finger on what the difference actually is. Everything just feels smoother. Playing dynamics feel a little more realistic and something about the low end has changed in a good way. Not sure what though.

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
I'm a fresh Axe FX II owner and have to say... it is pretty damn good. We did an A/B between a real AC30 and the Axe with FW10. They were nearly identical, but the Axe took the prize with being able to tweak the sound however you want. I mean, it's ridiculous when you can just change speakers, mics etc. with the flick of a switch.

Shask

Reaction score
Not a big diff from the beta. The nice change from beta to final are more amps.

I finally got to update EVERYTHING last night. My first impression is that it sounds pretty similar to 11b. I am not really noticing much of a difference. I don't really like Plexis, so I forgot there were new amps :lol:

Having Axe-Edit back is nice.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
My god V11 is lovely! I didn't try the beta first so it was a clean jump from 10 to 11 for me.
Here's a little improv jam I did this afternoon, hope you dig.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
So... I'm new to the AxeFX party...

I'm getting some decent tones, but they always have this harsh edge to them that I can't seem to get out of them. Whenever I try to use the parametric EQ I always end up making it sound muffled.

I'm running an Ibanez RG8 through the 5150 sim with I believe the Cali 4x12 (this is all from memory so I could be saying some of this wrong) and a tube screamer before the amp.

Any tips on what I could do?

If I need to post clips or pics of my signal chain I can do that when I get home from work.

I'm in the same boat. I've had my Ultra for a while now, but I can't seem to get the harsh edge out of my tones without them sounding undefined. I'm using A FAS modern with a BB Pre boosting it into the Redwires Mesa Rectifier w/ V30s with the mic on the cone at 1 inch. What else can I do to get my tones to sound clear, but not too harsh and fizzy?

Shask

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I've had my Ultra for a while now, but I can't seem to get the harsh edge out of my tones without them sounding undefined. I'm using A FAS modern with a BB Pre boosting it into the Redwires Mesa Rectifier w/ V30s with the mic on the cone at 1 inch. What else can I do to get my tones to sound clear, but not too harsh and fizzy?

Put a parametric EQ right in front of the amp and start dialing back the high-hi's. Turn it down until the tone is not as harsh on the top, but not muffled either.

I think if you attack it before the amp instead of after you can get more of a subtle effect...

Tommy Deaks

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been asked 1000000000 times before.

Can I run an axe-fx directly into an active cab such as the Atomic CLR, or some studio monitors (ie SE Munro Eggs) without having to buy a seperate power amplifier?

I'm a complete newb with regards this, so I do apologise!

Syrinx

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been asked 1000000000 times before.

Can I run an axe-fx directly into an active cab such as the Atomic CLR, or some studio monitors (ie SE Munro Eggs) without having to buy a seperate power amplifier?

I'm a complete newb with regards this, so I do apologise!

Yes

Scrubface05

Reaction score
Ahhhhh tweaking controls my life. I'm never happy with my patches. Anyone else run into this problem? I'm sure a lot of you do..the Axe-Fx causes it.
Either the patch doesn't have enough life to it, not enough sustain, not enough clarity, or just sounds like shit.
At one point I had a tone that sounded awesome, friend accidentally saved over it one day and it was gone forever. https://soundcloud.com/lolzroyce-2/numero-uno-finished

I know some people in here asked for that patch, so I'm really sorry but I can't give it to you anymore :(
Maybe someone with an Axe FX 2 can tone-match it haha

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
If you can provide me some detail about what your patch looked like and shoot me the highest quality version of the file you have I'll tone match it for you.

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
Ahhhhh tweaking controls my life. I'm never happy with my patches. Anyone else run into this problem? I'm sure a lot of you do..the Axe-Fx causes it.
Either the patch doesn't have enough life to it, not enough sustain, not enough clarity, or just sounds like shit.
At one point I had a tone that sounded awesome, friend accidentally saved over it one day and it was gone forever. https://soundcloud.com/lolzroyce-2/numero-uno-finished

I know some people in here asked for that patch, so I'm really sorry but I can't give it to you anymore :(
Maybe someone with an Axe FX 2 can tone-match it haha

Try re-amping? Tweak as you go!

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Record a DI signal into your DAW and then set the AXE input to USB (assuming you record via USB). I like to just loop a riff for a while and tweak my tones that way.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Record a DI signal into your DAW and then set the AXE input to USB (assuming you record via USB). I like to just loop a riff for a while and tweak my tones that way.

I do this all on the Axe itself... with the looper. I'll tweak while my recorded riff is looping.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Okay so this is my main patch for my six string. I want it to sound more like Paul Waggoner's tone on The Parallax 2, more specifically his tone on Telos.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iyj0h0zi2npwnbp/6 String FAS Modern.syx

Can you guys give me some pointers? I put a looper in the beginning of the chain so I could record a riff then tweak in real time. I'm trying to reduce the amount of hiss in my tone without making it muddy and I want it to be as clear as possible. Thanks for the help guys. The patch is for the Ultra/Standard btw.

EDIT: To elaborate a little more, it's this omnipresent hiss and I'm not sure where it is in the frequency spectrum. It's REALLY noticeable when I hit a chord and let it ring out, it almost seems like it's more hiss than tone. Maybe the higher frequencies, but I'm not sure. As I said, I've tried looping a riff and going through with a notch filter with a pretty narrow Q, but I still can't pinpoint it.

putnut77

Reaction score
Just picked up an an axe fx II. Trying to figure this out as I go. Any beginner tips?

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Just picked up an an axe fx II. Trying to figure this out as I go. Any beginner tips?

At first, don't go nuts with the "deep" settings, or you may find yourself lost or overwhelmed. Just stick with the basic settings you're familiar with on real amps and stompboxes, and ignore the myriad of advanced settings that are available. You'll be able to get some pretty kick ass tones with just those basic settings, and once you're comfortable with that, then dig into the advanced settings.

Same goes for the signal chain overall. You can do just about anything. At first though, just pick an amp, a cab (one cab, in mono hi-rez mode)... and maybe add a pedal and reverb. If you dive right into trying to add a bazillion effects, eq's, etc. you could get frustrated. Then again, you may dig that sort of thing, but my suggestion would be to start with the basics.

Latest posts

')