putnut77

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm getting the hang of editing on the unit itself, gonna dive into axe edit soon. Can you use axe edit while the unit it connected to your computer and then sort of play as you edit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Having Axe Edit back is cool, but I did notice something yesterday.
You cannot run a Daw (Reaper in my case) if the Daw is using the Axe Driver , it locks up Axe Edit
this is through USB of course
just an FYI

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
The axe wiki has lots of good info.

That, and I found YouTube incredibly helpful. Just search there for something like "Axe Fx tutorial" and you'll find tons of stuff. Some of it is getting dated now, but most of it is still applicable.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have an Axe FX Ultra and I am thinking about upgrading from my Behringer FCB to the Ground Control Pro.

Thoughts? The Axe can power it right? Does it display the patch names? How hard is it to program?

Any pros/cons would be appreciated. Thanks.

Andrew

Reaction score
how does one switch between headphones and monitors on the axe fx? a lot of times i want the monitors off when i'm using headphones. i'm using reaper..

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Personally I just leave the monitors on when I use headphones, But I only really use them for bass referencing. I can see why you'd want only headphones if it's late at night etc.

My first thought it just switch the monitors off or unplug them. Alternatively, you could use output 2 for your monitors and have output 1 copied to 2, then adjust monitor volume with the output 2 knob. You'd need a TRS -> XLR converter jack for each side though.

Syrinx

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have an Axe FX Ultra and I am thinking about upgrading from my Behringer FCB to the Ground Control Pro.

Thoughts? The Axe can power it right? Does it display the patch names? How hard is it to program?

Any pros/cons would be appreciated. Thanks.

With the GCP you have to program all of the patch names manually.

Rypac

Reaction score
I do this all on the Axe itself... with the looper. I'll tweak while my recorded riff is looping.

That is such a good idea. I'm definitely going use the looper technique from now on.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
That is such a good idea. I'm definitely going use the looper technique from now on.

Hearing the same riffage over and over (and over) starts to get a little tiresome, so give your ears a rest every 2-3 minutes.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
With the GCP you have to program all of the patch names manually.

I thought so. Thanks.

Anyone else want to chime in? I also considered getting a Pod HD500 for control but it looks like the Pod has the same number of switches as the Behringer.

***edit: also looking at the Rocktron Midi Raider.

ArrowHead

Reaction score
hime in? I also considered getting a Pod HD500 for control but it looks like the Pod has the same number of switches as the Behringer.

Don't do it. Much clunkier than the FCB1000. I use the FCB1000 with Uno EProm. Before that I tried in vain to use my HD500 as a controller, but it's tedious. It's not a proper midi controller, so use involves setting up dummy amps, etc, and using those controls.

Shask

Reaction score
I used a HD500 for a controller for a while. It does work well, but it is time consuming. You do have to set up duplicate patches on the POD if you want the lights to match.

Thinking about getting a FCB1010, but not too worried about it. I havent had a controller for a few months now and just plug an expression pedal into the back of the Axe.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I'm running a stock FCB1010 and it's pretty damn sweet.
My 2 live patches are rhythm with exp 1 blending in delay, 3rd harmony and a slight volume boost and exp 2 blending in just delay and slight boost and I have a separate lead patch with more volume and mid.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
Is hiss just inherent in distorted patches? I've been trying to dial out hiss from my patches but it doesn't seem like there's anything I can do. Is some hiss to be expected if you're playing through a higher gain amp sim like the Recto New? I hear a lot of people's mixes and I don't hear any of the hiss that I'm getting, does it go away in a mix or what?

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
My patches are dead quiet, Do you use noisegates at all?
Try adjusting the input gate until it just closes when you're not playing.

Hyacinth

Ghostmaker
Reaction score
It's not noise between notes, my gate makes it silent when I'm not playing. It seems like it's in the high frequencies, but I've tried everything in the book to get it to go away but nothing works.

')