This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I'm calling fake, Super ultra extremely fake.

It looks to me like someone opened their two and placed the valves in there and took a photo. I cannot imagine Cliff putting a valve power section into an axe fx, a product which is about having ridiculous levels of control over everything. It seems to me that to have something such as that in there would go against the whole idea of the unit.

Just my thoughts.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I’m not allowed to reveal anything specific. But I’ve just had confirmation that this is not a hoax from someone pretty important. There’s more details that haven’t slipped yet and those are the really exciting ones. You guys are going to loose your minds, this is a WAY bigger step than between the ultra and the 2!

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
If its a powersection for the axe fx, Ima be pissed. just ordered a 6u case for a dedicated power amp :squint:

but either way, having tubes in axe fx doesnt make sense to me

Syrinx

Reaction score
I’m not allowed to reveal anything specific. But I’ve just had confirmation that this is not a hoax from someone pretty important. There’s more details that haven’t slipped yet and those are the really exciting ones. You guys are going to loose your minds, this is a WAY bigger step than between the ultra and the 2!

Let's just use this response from Cliff..

Wow, I can't believe how gullible people can be.

Local Astronaut
Reaction score

Ask your dude why Fractal would make an Axe FX with tubes. It goes against everything that company has done to this point.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
It's ....ing faker than when a whore says, "You're the best I've ever had," after.

Omrat

Reaction score
Finally new FW 11.01 for Axe FX Standard/Ultra users:

Axe%20FX%20FW%2011.01.jpg

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
So, I finally bought the Ownhammer Studio Modern IR pack.. and I will say, the hype is real. I fought it for months, but due to how much of an outstanding guy Ownhammer is, I figured I owed it to at least try them, and they literally changed the AxeFX II for me..

Before, I was seriously considering selling the II and going back to the Ultra (esp when factoring in the cost) but these IR's complete everything for me. Its by far the best rig I've ever heard in person now. I dunno how these IR's make such a difference, but it gave that smooth balanced "polish" that the Ultra had, but with the increased feel of the II.

Now.. to wait for a floorboard model in the next 4 years which can load these IR's in.. and I doubt I'll ever buy another rig after that.

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
I've finally ventured into the land of IR's and bought the OwnHammer "Modern Speaker Collection." Awesome stuff, and I wish I'd checked these out a long time ago.

My question: is there a way to bulk-upload all the different IR's to my AfxII? Currently, I'm just uploading them manually with FractalBot... one at a time... and it's making me want to injure myself. So tedious.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Disregard! I found my answer(s): http://www.ownhammer.com/free/aomdsp/ or http://forum.fractalaudio.com/news/76041-announcing-cab-lab.html

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I bought a framus dragon 2x12 loaded with scumbacks and a matrix GM50 last night. Oh boy this is fun! I think I might sell my mackie hd1221

victim5150

Reaction score
]New Axe owner. Picked up a new Axe 2 and a Matrix GT 1000 2u last week. Running into my 2 EVH 2x12 cabs or my 2 EVH 4x12 cabs for right now. Would like to pick up some kind of FRFR speaker setup. Atomic or Mateix perhaps. I picked up an Alto 10" powered speaker but I think I'm gonna take it back. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    853.9 KB · Views: 29

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
any way to get the inputs set up so that the front one by default overrides the input 1 left?

right now I got a new rack case and have my wireless plugged into the back, but for practicing at home I plug into the front. I can go into the I/O menu and toggle it back and forth manually but is there a way to easily automate this so that if nothings in front it uses the back input and if theres a cable in the fron it will default to that?

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I use a wireless live plugged into the back and cable to front panel at home too. I just switch my I/O from front to rear and vice versa. A priority thing would be cool though.

taliababa

Reaction score
I'm considering jumping into the AxeFx pool. Currently, I'm leaning towards the Ultra. The reason being, it's only going to be used for it's effects. It'll be hooked up using the 4cm to my Mark V. As it's only going to be used for effects, does the Ultra provide a safe middle ground between the standard and II? Or would the standard be sufficient for what I need?

The effects I primarily use are a delay, chorus, and wah. I'll keep me wah pedal and just use the AxeFx for delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, and distortion on channel 1 of the MKV. Any suggestions?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Ultra and standard are for all intents and pruposes the same, there's just some extra processing power for some of the more complicated effects. Everything otherwise sounds and feels exactly the same. For just effects, you wouldn't notice the difference between standard and ultra except for the lacking few extra effects that appear on the Ultra and not standard.

Going from Standard to II isn't a slope, it's a discrete step.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
Ultra and standard are for all intents and pruposes the same, there's just some extra processing power for some of the more complicated effects. Everything otherwise sounds and feels exactly the same. For just effects, you wouldn't notice the difference between standard and ultra except for the lacking few extra effects that appear on the Ultra and not standard.

Going from Standard to II isn't a slope, it's a discrete step.

Glad I didn't bother with the Ultra and went straight for the II :D

')