Seanthesheep

Reaction score
well Im about to pickup a Carvin DCM1540L and run that with my axe fx ii to do FOH + onstage cab

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
Just a heads up for everyone waiting for the MFC-101 MKIII. They are back in stock and invites are being sent out in order of those on the waiting list. I have been on the list since Oct. Hoping my name comes up soon!

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a heads up for everyone waiting for the MFC-101 MKIII. They are back in stock and invites are being sent out in order of those on the waiting list. I have been on the list since Oct. Hoping my name comes up soon!

Just ordered mine :hbang:

I'd been on the wait list for months and got my email today.

FireInside

.Buried.Breathing.
Reaction score
Congrats dude. :yesway:

Let me know what you think of the new switches. When did you get on the waiting list. I signed up in October. Hoping my name comes up soon but I'm not so sure...:wallbash:

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
Congrats dude. :yesway:

Let me know what you think of the new switches. When did you get on the waiting list. I signed up in October. Hoping my name comes up soon but I'm not so sure...:wallbash:

Gosh, I don't remember, but I think it might've been either August or September. I think you'll be getting your invite soon.

RichIKE

Warforged
Reaction score
I'm on 10.10 and afraid to upgrade because I don't want my patches/sounds ruined that I use with my band. Can anyone talk on how big of a leap it is from ten to twelve?

Katash

Reaction score
Big ;)
No one can really tell you how much has to be redone, but as things are getting changed I always take my time and reset the amp block and dial it in again. If many changes were made I write them down to kinda "revert" back to them but with the new internal data.

How many patches are you using?

RichIKE

Warforged
Reaction score
Big ;)
No one can really tell you how much has to be redone, but as things are getting changed I always take my time and reset the amp block and dial it in again. If many changes were made I write them down to kinda "revert" back to them but with the new internal data.

How many patches are you using?

about 7 for my band, but they are all variants on similar sounds, i have to have them all in patches because i use an FCB1010

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Shouldn't be too hard then RichIKE.

I'm using an FCB1010 too. Does anyone know if you can control scenes with it?
I have the stock EEPROM right now, would upgrading to UNO etc give me more control over scenes if it's not available as standard?

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
WAHOO! This just arrived...

11722750116_0c87ca3ba6_o.jpg

11722750746_506e8be65e_o.jpg

spilla

Reaction score
I'm using an FCB1010 too. Does anyone know if you can control scenes with it?
I have the stock EEPROM right now, would upgrading to UNO etc give me more control over scenes if it's not available as standard?

Not sure if using a modded eeprom will be better/easier but you can control scenes with the stock FCB. Theres a few ways to do it..

1. assign the 8 scenes to different pedals on the fcb
2. assign 2 scenes to each pedal (ie. scenes 1 and 2 on pedal 1. Doing it this way has some down sides)
3. have ascending and descending scenes on different pedals. (ie. pedal 1 ascends and pedal 2 descends)

MIDI CC: the MIDI CC for Scene Select (default 34) with values 0 to 7 to select scene 1 to 8 within the current preset. Values higher than 7 also select scene 8. Values higher than 63 will step through the scenes, wrapping at the limits. Also, there are dedicated MIDI CCs to increment or decrement the current scene. If you don't specify a value, the switch will switch between scene 1 and 8.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Im thinking about buying some IR packs for my axe fx II. what are some good all around metal IR packs?

Elric

Reaction score
I also do both, output one goes to FOH, output two goes to my matrix and then framus 2x12.
My rig is similar:
Out1 Direct, Cab Emulated
Out2 No cab, Clean SS Power Amp->Avatar 2x12.

Elric

Reaction score
Im thinking about buying some IR packs for my axe fx II. what are some good all around metal IR packs?

The Ownhammer packs are considered by many Axe Fans to be the current state of the art. Believe it or not I really like the old stalwart Redwirez package, still. I just know the library well and find it easy to match them appropriately to the amp. etc.

andyjohnson2402

Reaction score
I had a question about using a power amp with my Axe Fx 2, would it be safe to power my Marshall 1960A with a matrix gt1000fx? searched the thread and couldn't find an answer.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
I had a question about using a power amp with my Axe Fx 2, would it be safe to power my Marshall 1960A with a matrix gt1000fx? searched the thread and couldn't find an answer.

yes, as long as you dont max out the amp, and pay attention to how the speakers sound when you turn up, apparently it is very obvious in terms of sound if you are pushing the speakers too hard.

And Im waiting on a Carvin DCM1540L which is a 1500w amp to run into a 240w mesa cab

btw, how friggen long does it take carvin to ship an in-stock item? Mine has been "Processing" now for like a week and a half

Shask

Reaction score
I have always been curious about that Carvin 1540L. Seems like it is the next best thing out there next to the Matrix GT1000FX.

I have an Art SLA-2 , and always think about upgrading to one of these 2....

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
I have always been curious about that Carvin 1540L. Seems like it is the next best thing out there next to the Matrix GT1000FX.

I have an Art SLA-2 , and always think about upgrading to one of these 2....

yea, I need a poweramp right now, been curious about the carvin and nothing else besides the matrix stuff has what I need (and cant afford matrix) so I figured Id go with carvin. Ill be sure to post what I think when I actually get the amp and pickup the cabinet :hbang:

Shask

Reaction score
yea, I need a poweramp right now, been curious about the carvin and nothing else besides the matrix stuff has what I need (and cant afford matrix) so I figured Id go with carvin. Ill be sure to post what I think when I actually get the amp and pickup the cabinet :hbang:

I have read that the Carvin sounds the same as the Matrix, but the feel is more immediate. More stiff. The Matrix has a slower response which is more like tubes....

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I had an Art SLA2 and a Matrix GT1000FX, the Matrix blows the Art out of the water, if you can afford to upgrade, do it. I have not tried the Carvin but have heard nothing really negative about it.
I personally stick to tube power amps as I felt that even with the Matrix when playing lead there was some squishy, bouncy response missing. But if you're more a a rhythm player than a shred wanna be (like me :) ) you won't notice any difference and it will get the job done nicely.

Latest posts

')