blckrnblckt

Reaction score
For someone with little experience with amps, and don't know what types of tone he likes, would an eleven rack suffice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shask

Reaction score
I have not noticed any new noise since updating. Sometimes I will get more noise, but I just have to back up away from the computer when that happens. It picks up crazy noise when I get too close to the computer.

chinnybob

Reaction score
I've managed to mostly get rid of the noise now through a number of small tweaks. I guess it's for the best and to be expected but it's still a little irritating that the firmware update should affect my patches so drastically.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
What does your patch look like? I just upgraded last night and it's quiet enough that at one point I forgot to turn my gate on (using mesa 2 red modern).

fremen

Reaction score
No noise gate problem for me either… those experiencing this problem, did you try to reinstall the firmware again ? Apparently this can fix problems after a new firmware update. There's also the option to use a clean system file, check this page :
Resetting - Axe-Fx II Wiki
Always backup your presets before !

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
For someone with little experience with amps, and don't know what types of tone he likes, would an eleven rack suffice?

I personally would rather have a POD HD than the 11R. The 11R is a great unit, but I had more luck getting the sounds I wanted out of the POD HD stuff.

The Axe FX blows them all away by a factor of 10 in my opinion. Best money I've ever spent on something guitar-related.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Yeah I've owned pods and tried working with VST setups only etc etc. Nothing compared to the axe fx 2.

Don't get me wrong, everything I listed is usable and can definitely work. But the Fractal gear was just head and shoulders above everything else for my purposes.

Addie5150

Amidst the chaos
Reaction score
noise issues could be because of the change in master volume for different amp models.
The mv on most of the hi gain amps were 3.00 earlier except the angel severe which would default at 5. Now they are different for every model , so if you are using an amp model that underwent that change it could explain the noises.
I was having the same issue i suddenly found all my hi gain patches noisier, i even did the update all amp block option. till i realized the MV change.

Scrubface05

Reaction score
That moment when you're actually getting fed up not being able to dial in something that you like the sound of and want to switch back to an analog amp.
THUMBS DOWN

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
That moment when you're actually getting fed up not being able to dial in something that you like the sound of and want to switch back to an analog amp.
THUMBS DOWN

I know that feel.

Then I remember how much I was tweaking my Mark IV...

SSK0909

Reaction score
I know that feel.

Then I remember how much I was tweaking my Mark IV...

And all the time spent switching cab speakers, trying out new fx (all with their own dials for tweaking of course), perhaps some new patch cables to improve the tone, oh "and this new boost pedal is supposed to sound much better than the one i'm currently using. Better buy it and give it a try!".

I think most of the guys who dislike the axe because it "it's all about tweaking" forget just how much bloody time they spend tweaking their analog rigs :D

Somebody should make a meme out of this "Hates the Axe-fx for being complicated. Buys a Mesa Roadking and 6 fx pedals to keep it simple"

fremen

Reaction score
Most of the tweaking time I spent on the Axe was on finding the right IRs for me. Once it's done, it's done.

axxessdenied

Arium Addict
Reaction score
I find people that make the statement about the axe fx being too much tweaking haven't even played one to begin with. :lol:

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I'm constantly tweaking my axe fx 2.
Not that there's anything wrong with what I get (to me at least).
I just like to try new things and ideas out.

fremen

Reaction score
there's tweaking and tweaking
tweaking because you're not satisfied with your sound is one thing
Tweaking just to test other amp models, other amp/cab combinations, or special effects ideas can indeed be very fun. I do that a lot. In my previous comment I was referring to the first kind of tweaking. Again, in this case, it starts with the IR

')