This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
I'm actually REALLY frustrated with fractal right now. My credit card company won't give me a limit increase for even one purchase, and fratcal has been completely unhelpful in finding me a workaround. It's almost as if they don't even want my money...

I'm so frustrated I'm seriously considering picking up a ts100 and an engl e530 and calling it a day.

Zugster

the green machine
Reaction score
I'm actually REALLY frustrated with fractal right now. My credit card company won't give me a limit increase for even one purchase, and fratcal has been completely unhelpful in finding me a workaround. It's almost as if they don't even want my money...

I'm so frustrated I'm seriously considering picking up a ts100 and an engl e530 and calling it a day.

Fractal is a music gear company. They're not in the finance business. No offense dude, but that part of the deal is you're problem.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
A music gear company that won't take cheques, money orders, cash, or bank wire transfers...

You can blame the thieves of the world for that. If it weren't for assholes like them, the above listed forms of payment would *most* likely still be acceptable. Since those are ripe for abuse, it's harder and harder to get anything of substantial value using those methods. Not only that, Fractal is a small company, I'd guess they have less than a dozen employees, they may not have the man power to sit there and baby sit every possible transaction and ensure there's no fraud going on.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I'm going to be picking up an Ultra fairly soon and I've been doing alot of research, my question is is the Art SLA-2 bridged 560 watts mono @ 8 ohms going into an 8 ohm Mesa cab going to be powerful enough?

Currently I run an EVH 5150 III at about 3 on the volume and it has 4 6L6 power tubes and I would like to get the same "thump" and feel from my cab on stage that I do with my EVH.

Can the Art provide that at 560 SS watts or should I go for a higher powered Carvin? I just really like the idea of having a light weight 1 space rack power amp to cut down on the rack weight.

You should be alright Alex. I have no experience with the Art, but I am using a Carvin DCM 600 (bridged at 8ohms puts out 450 watts I think), and I have no problem getting it to thump:lol:

I know that the guitarist from Circle Of Contempt uses the Art SLA-2 in his live rig and he posts here, so maybe you could shoot him a pm and see what he thinks of it. I think his username is RistoCoC:hbang:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
You can blame the thieves of the world for that. If it weren't for assholes like them, the above listed forms of payment would *most* likely still be acceptable. Since those are ripe for abuse, it's harder and harder to get anything of substantial value using those methods. Not only that, Fractal is a small company, I'd guess they have less than a dozen employees, they may not have the man power to sit there and baby sit every possible transaction and ensure there's no fraud going on.

They actually endup having to anyway.
I purchased mine from G66 in Europe, and there was absolutely no other way than paypal to pay on the site. I actually had to phone them to get a VISA payment done. (Which was handled promptly and without hassle by the G66 personnel)
I just suggested you should be able to at least use VISA cards like 99% of commercial websites.
End of story, the company can handle CC orders, but their website can't.
For most of us who don't ebay frequently and mostly use commercial websites, paypal is just an additional hassle when buying.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine from G66, and all I had to was a bank transfer :shrug: I don't have VISA or PayPal or anything.

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Once I have enough money I'll be buying an Axe Fx Ultra.

However (yes, haha), I'm wondering about some things.

1. It is really quite pricey to go with the Atomic Reactor active cab, I'm going to need more than 3000€ for that and I really can not afford that. I can't afford the AxeFx just yet, but that'll come with time. Will it sounds worse when I use a poweramp+regular guitar cab? Do volumes matter with that setup? How much money would I be using on that? Doesn't nessecarily have to be a 4x12...

2. For recording, I currently have a Line 6 UX2. I record using PodFarm. Could I also use the UX2 as my recording device with the AxeFx? Is there anyway to feed one output of the AxeFx into the UX2 for recording, and the other through a cab or something to hear what I'm playing? Since input monitoring via USB has a waaaay too long delay.

3. I currently have a stereo system (amp+speakers, no monitorspeakers though) hooked up as audio output of my UX2. Could I use the stereosystem as a sort of cab to hear the AxeFx? :shrug:

Thanks in advance for the answers! This is really quite expensive for me, seeing as I make about 250€ a month and am 16 :lol:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
You can absolutely use an UX2, I own an UX8 and It worked so I don't see a reason why an UX2 should fail.
That said, UX2 is lacking MIDI ability, so I ended up changing my interface anyway.
What you'll miss with the UX2:
-Firmware upgrades
-Downloading other people's patches.

Given that some firmware upgrades include entirely new amps from time to time, I decided I needed the MIDI and keep the UX8 for rehearsal recordings.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
You can absolutely use an UX2, I own an UX8 and It worked so I don't see a reason why an UX2 should fail.
That said, UX2 is lacking MIDI ability, so I ended up changing my interface anyway.
What you'll miss with the UX2:
-Firmware upgrades
-Downloading other people's patches.

Given that some firmware upgrades include entirely new amps from time to time, I decided I needed the MIDI and keep the UX8 for rehearsal recordings.

Out of curiousity, what did you upgrade to. I currently have the UX2 and I was thinking about upgrading as well. I still need the latest firmware for the Axe Fx.

bronz79

Reaction score
A crazy idea comes to my mind a couple of days ago:
sell my Eventide eclipse an buy on Axe fx ultra,

-i tame a second version of the eclipse coming out and i don't want price drop.
-with the axe i can use only fx with my herbert and amp sim when i'm
not with my amp/amps.
-i'm not goiing to use any 4 cable method..too many hum.hiss..ground loop
with g-system in the past and i don't need nearly nothing preamp exept for a wha sometimes.

I don't know i must test fx quality and deep of editing
I must admit my dreams setup will have an h8000fw for amp rack and a axe fx standard for mobile setup.

PnKnG

Banned
Reaction score
A crazy idea comes to my mind a couple of days ago:
sell my Eventide eclipse an buy on Axe fx ultra,

-i tame a second version of the eclipse coming out and i don't want price drop.
-with the axe i can use only fx with my herbert and amp sim when i'm
not with my amp/amps.
-i'm not goiing to use any 4 cable method..too many hum.hiss..ground loop
with g-system in the past and i don't need nearly nothing preamp exept for a wha sometimes.

I don't know i must test fx quality and deep of editing
I must admit my dreams setup will have an h8000fw for amp rack and a axe fx standard for mobile setup.

This you can easily do by downloading the Axe-Edit.
Axe-Edit - Editor for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx (Beta)
You won't be able to make any sounds with it but you can test and try out the possibilities and depth of the editor.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, what did you upgrade to. I currently have the UX2 and I was thinking about upgrading as well. I still need the latest firmware for the Axe Fx.

I got a Lexicon Omega. It's not so much an upgrade as something different. It has a lot less I/O than the UX8 but has MIDI. Works fine for the purpose of recording the axe at home.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I got a Lexicon Omega. It's not so much an upgrade as something different. It has a lot less I/O than the UX8 but has MIDI. Works fine for the purpose of recording the axe at home.

Awesome, that's basically what I would need it for.:hbang:

KoenDercksen

Quantum Realm
Reaction score
Has anyone got some answers for the other questions in my previous post (#433)?
Also thinking about selling my UX2 and buy another interface, but can I actually sell the UX2? :lol: Like with the PodFarm registration being computer related and stuff... I don't really know lol.

orb451

Banned
Reaction score
Has anyone got some answers for the other questions in my previous post (#433)?
Also thinking about selling my UX2 and buy another interface, but can I actually sell the UX2? :lol: Like with the PodFarm registration being computer related and stuff... I don't really know lol.

If you're talking about using a regular home stereo as a way to hear the Axe, provided you've got the cables you'll need, yeah, it'd probably work. Might not sound all that spectacular, but I'm sure it can be done.

As for the cab advice, again, it's subjective. It might be just fine for you, using a 1x12, 2x12 or 4x12 cab instead of the Atomic Reactors. I mean *eventually* you'll probably want to get something else, but with all the ins/outs on the Axe, you can pretty much use whatever you want. Will it sound great? It might sound great to you, just depends on your style and taste. You could get a couple of cheap 1 or 2x12 cabs (for stereo) and a solid state (or tube) power amp and be fine. Just depends what you're going to use it for, i.e. gigging, recording, low-volume bedroom jams, etc...

Varkatzas

Reaction score
Has anyone just tried to run an Standard and use a 6505+ as a power amp through a 4x12?

')