Paul Gilbert

newborn baby
Reaction score
Sheesh I really only use like 10 different IRs, how does one sort through all 2000 of them?

ps. Still a lousy axefx ultra user, haven’t found the need to upgrade yet.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

broangiel

Reaction score
Sheesh I really only use like 10 different IRs, how does one sort through all 2000 of them?

I don’t think the point is for someone to use them all. It’s for all people to find something.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score

Just gotta take the time, earmark favourites. Most people probably dont go through all of them. I have no intention to.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a YouTube vid or demo of any of the Axe units doing a basic demo of dynamic breakup on a amp channel related to picking strength?

- I'm trying to find one but haven't been successful. I'm basically looking for something simple like someone playing an open E chord on a dirty channel at different pick pressures/dynamic etc. Trying to see/hear how certain channels respond and breakup to it. I've searched edge of breakup tones and found some stuff but not sure if people really get what that's about for some reason. I've searched for blues stuff and they all play at pretty consistent pressures too. Sometime I can catch a note here or there but still nothing obvious.

- I've noticed with other modellers and earlier digital units that they have like 3-5 stages of dynamics and still yet to hear one do it well at low pressure dynamics. I'm thinking the Axe is probably capable or at least better than other units at it but it would be nice to hear something more obvious.

broangiel

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a YouTube vid or demo of any of the Axe units doing a basic demo of dynamic breakup on a amp channel related to picking strength?

- I'm trying to find one but haven't been successful. I'm basically looking for something simple like someone playing an open E chord on a dirty channel at different pick pressures/dynamic etc. Trying to see/hear how certain channels respond and breakup to it. I've searched edge of breakup tones and found some stuff but not sure if people really get what that's about for some reason. I've searched for blues stuff and they all play at pretty consistent pressures too. Sometime I can catch a note here or there but still nothing obvious.

- I've noticed with other modellers and earlier digital units that they have like 3-5 stages of dynamics and still yet to hear one do it well at low pressure dynamics. I'm thinking the Axe is probably capable or at least better than other units at it but it would be nice to hear something more obvious.

something like this?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Didnt i make one for you?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
FW15.00 beta is live.

And the release notes are wild. New amp models, DS-1 and a 16-second delay.

Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what would you guys pick between the Axe Fx 2 and the FM3? My invite for the FM3 just came up and am having a hard time deciding between the two. I know the 2 is at end of life status but watching and rewatching the God is an Astronaut Rig rundown is making me hesitant and I just don't know if the FM3 would be able to do those complex post rock tones.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has already been asked, but what would you guys pick between the Axe Fx 2 and the FM3? My invite for the FM3 just came up and am having a hard time deciding between the two. I know the 2 is at end of life status but watching and rewatching the God is an Astronaut Rig rundown is making me hesitant and I just don't know if the FM3 would be able to do those complex post rock tones.

Do you need 2 amps? Axe fx. Do you need 1 amp? Fm3.

I would go with the fm3. Many a post rock tone is 1 amp and 2 or 3 pedals stacked etc. Theres enough amps in there that you'll find what you're after.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score

Didnt i make one for you?

I honestly can't remember now. I'm pretty sure you made something but not sure if it was about this. Thanks though. I'll search for it.

I've searched high and low @budda and I can't find it if it's out there. If you're still up for it would you be willing to do a quick clip like this whenever you get a chance in the coming days/weeks?

broangiel

Reaction score
I posted this on the Fractal forum, so I wanted to share this here as well since @budda has converted half of this website to Fractal gear (or is steadily on his way to do so).

Hi, everyone. I would like to share the IRs I create with the Axe-Fx community. A couple notes about this "project":
  • I've never mic'd a cab, so I'm doing this in an effort to learn how to do that.
  • I am open to feedback on these IRs as this is a learning experience for me.
  • These IRs will all be created with a Seymour Duncan PowerStage 200 and Motu M4 - so, very vanilla stuff.
  • I've got a four-month-old puppy running around here, so my uploads/responses may be sporadic.
Here is the Google Drive folder, where I will continue to add my IR Captures - Link. These are also available on AxeChange - here is my profile.

To facilitate community suggestions, here is my collection of gear. Let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see/hear. I will likely go through my cabs in "stock form" before I start speaker swapping, but I'd still like to understand what might be interesting to the community.
  • Cabs
    • Mesa/Boogie Widebody 1x12
    • Mojotone Twin Canyon 2x12
    • Mojotone Grand Canyon 4x12 (en route)
  • Speakers
    • Celestion Mesa V30
    • Celestion Mesa MC-90 Black Shadow
    • Celestion V30
    • Celestion G12H30
    • Celestion G12H-75
    • Eminence Governor
    • Eminence Swamp Thang
    • Mojotone BV30H
  • Microphones
    • Shure SM57
    • Shure SM58
    • Sennheiser MD421-II
    • Neumann TLM102
    • Cascade Fat Head (en route)
    • Lewitt MTP 440 (en route)

Obscurabeast2002

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dark studio room

Attachments

• 20210316_140901.jpg
    20210316_140901.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
16.00 is in final beta, woop woop.

Semetery

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cygnus is so incredibly good.

I haven't turned an amp on besides the power stage 700 since the first beta came out. The Engl, CCV, Splawns, 5153, Uber, Diezels, Marshalls and on and on. They're so satisfying to play that when I'm not playing, I just think about playing.

I play through cabs and I think it sounds killer.

')