This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
yeah the 6160 is awesome for that. I made an AA patch that ended up with way more gain than planned (even though gain is at something like...3 on the amp) but I suck at using paraEQs though.

amarshism

Reaction score
The Mesa power amp won't sound as good as say a fryette because it is designed for use with a mesa pre. It has a very unique design. The PV cab is shithouse. Sell it and get something like a mesa stiletto or, buy a mackie 1531 or whatever it's called and solve both your problems.

Ruined Soul

Reaction score
I don't want a shithouse, so that cab need to go :).
Well see... maybe I sell my whole PV6505 rig and invest in a Mesa cab.

The Mesa power amp won't sound as good as say a fryette because it is designed for use with a mesa pre. It has a very unique design. The PV cab is shithouse. Sell it and get something like a mesa stiletto or, buy a mackie 1531 or whatever it's called and solve both your problems.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
yeah the 6160 is awesome for that. I made an AA patch that ended up with way more gain than planned (even though gain is at something like...3 on the amp) but I suck at using paraEQs though.

takes a lot of time to truly master a parametric EQ, but once you know where all the undesirable shit resides, you can cut it out, and then boost the parts of the spectrum that boost your tone to where you like it

Ruined Soul

Reaction score
Hey folks!

I guess I need a Midi foot controler if I'm going to switch sounds when I play live with my Axe Fx.
I've found this one: MFC-101 MIDI FOOT CONTROLER
Is there any cheaper foot controler that you could recommend?

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
There's a video on YouTube of some dude who modified a Line6 FBV Longboard to work with the Axe FX, that would be the ideal pedal as it has 2 expression pedals and tons of switches, but apparently, nothing came out from that video :/

Geognosy

Reaction score
I use a Rocktron Midimate. It's easy to get caught up in the idea that you need an ultimate floorboard, when in reality you will probably just use 10 patches and turn on and off a few effects. The bad part is that you have to program it manually, but once you get used to how it works that's not a major problem. One nice aspect (bad aspect for some people) is that the buttons don't resist much or make a sound when you press them. This is great for some situations where you don't want a lot of clicking (studio, home, quiet stage), but some people like the tactile feedback of a GCP. I don't personally like the FCB1010 - the rocker pedals were not great for me and the buttons weren't great either.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I use a Ground Control (v1) and Voodoo have just sent me the kit to upgrade it to have the all access switching.

I think it cost mer about £100, less than an FCB and its a tried and tested pedal.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I got a FCB1010 recently for different reasons but it's a nice pedal - very flexible! It's programming has bad reviews but once it clicks it's incredibly simple. If you get one and need help, chuck me a PM.

Ruined Soul

Reaction score
How did it sound?
Listened to the Atomic 50/50... sounded really nice!

I just picked up an Atomic Mono Block MB50. I'll let you know how it sounds when it gets here. If you need more power, I'd recommend the Atomic 50/50. Pretty light, has tubes, 2U rack space.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^not enough headroom

You don't need much in the way of tube breakup with the axe fx, and if you want some 20W a side would give you it too early.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Guys... what do you think about Mesa 20/20, experience?

I have used one with a standard for some time. You will get some breakup yes, but that amp is plenty loud enough to be played at 25% at a rehearsal so it is very manageable, maybe not if you want the driest of all tones, but 90% of metal tones will be fine.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
5.07 out today, which includes the removal of 4x12 Metal cab.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hope Ultra 30W is the same/similar, I'll be gutted otherwise.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
')