Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
^ Thanks dude!!! I just made a patch using the Metal 4 x 12 so I really didn't want to have to start again.

Its a shame how it had to be removed. The whole situation wasn't handled very well between Cliff and Jocke.

WOW!!!! Just downloaded the zip file and their are hundreds of impulses. I was having trouble trying to convert Catharsis's IRs to SYX. Thanks again dude!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Alright, got an offer to buy a Mesa Boogie 50/50... any good?
How is the marshall 8008?
I run mine out to a Mesa 50/50
works very well, but it does add a touch of a Mesa flavor to all of the patches.
I'm a Mesa guy so it's not an issue for me , the Mark/Recto patches sound great.
the Marshall type of model do sound a little differnt thatn wehn going thru my monitors though, but no biggie. If you can score one for a good price
it's definitely a good option. :yesway:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
My G66.eu slot has come up and I can't afford to take it (I have a used 2 that I got at a good price anyway, thought I'd get in line and wait for a new one anyway but the prices went up etc...).

I have no use for it, if anyone wants it I'm sure we can work it out.

I didn't post a classified ad cos I'm not selling anything, I don't want any money, I'll just tell G66 that my friend's taking my spot and forward the emails etc.

EDIT: Nobody? I'm surprised haha

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
^ Thanks dude!!! I just made a patch using the Metal 4 x 12 so I really didn't want to have to start again.

Its a shame how it had to be removed. The whole situation wasn't handled very well between Cliff and Jocke.

WOW!!!! Just downloaded the zip file and their are hundreds of impulses. I was having trouble trying to convert Catharsis's IRs to SYX. Thanks again dude!

No problem mate!

And yes, the IRs in that ZIP file are all syx-files for the Ultra. To convert them to Axe II syx, get this little helper:

OwnHammer.com - Axe-O-Matic

ChaNce

Auto-banned?
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I searched around, and didn't really find anything.

Has anyone heard or seen a thread about how long people are waiting on the wait list for an Axe-FX 2? I'm trying to decide whether to just get one off of Ebay or wait it out.

Thanks,

C

mwcarl

Reaction score
I put my name on the wait list early January and got my coupon today. So I'd say right now about 2 months.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Much shorter waits times it seems, I got in on the 2nd or 3rd day after the announcement and I didn't get my email until October! :rofl: Lucky for the guys who are just deciding to get on now! :D

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
My eu slot came up 4 months to the day after I got on the list, so USA should be no time at all,

bigswifty

Reaction score
I put my request in around November/December and got mine mid-February this year. Not as long as you might think!

Though I can't afford one right now :realmad:

My Ultra still slays though :hbang:

flint757

Reaction score
I signed up in October and got an email in January, but decided not to get one.

ChaNce

Auto-banned?
Reaction score
Thanks, ill follow that thread. I think I got on the list at the end of Dec. Sounds like it should be any time.

Thanks, everyone.

C

EDIT: Oops, Jan 30 for my confirmation:(

DslDwg

Reaction score
Signed up Dec 5th - got coupon Feb 15th. I'll admit I did wait a week to order - arrived Monday the 5th of March.

Ill-Gotten James

Reaction score
I'm having trouble updating my firmware from 10.03 to 11.00 on my axe fx standard. I'm using a profire 2626 for the midi connection between my mac mini and the axe fx. When ever I try and update the firmware, the update fails and an error message occurs telling me (not word for word), to check my hardware and connections.

To my knowledge all of the connections are correct and the drivers for the profire 2626 are up to date.

I read on another post of someone who was using another m-audio interface, that the buffer size had to be adjusted in order for the firmware to be installed properly. Could this be the potential issue that I am having?
- How would I go about altering the buffer size and also, what buffer size should I be using?

Thanks

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
EDIT: Nobody? I'm surprised haha

Well it's still a hefty sum of money. the people that can afford it are either real pros who can justify it or people like me who aren't but have their decent paying job and for whom the axe 2 is merely an expensive toy. (so are guitars, in fact)
Those two categories are likely already having one.

bigswifty

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys,

With my Ultra, I've got it plugged into both my Audiobox for recording (MIDI and XLR) and into my Mackie HD1221 for live. When I play through the Mackie I use the output 1 know to controll the volume, but when playing louder looking up at my Audiobox I see that it is clipping.

Also, my input knob is quite low. Input know its at about 8 oclock while Output sits around 10-11 oclock.

I can play with the dials all day on the Audiobox and I always find the same results. When I record as well it's very sensitive to adjustments on the Axe-FX and can clip pretty easily.

I'm asking because I feel like I should be able to up the Axe-FX Input/Output knobs a fair bit more than this without clipping through the Audiobox or harming any speakers/headphones etc.

Comments?
Cheers.

')