MikeAlustrium

Mike DeMaria
Reaction score
Quick question for you guys! Just got my Ultra and I plan on using it live. currently I am using my V3's power amp to power the unit but I am looking for a power amp. I am selling the V3 so I'll have 650 to spend. I am looking into the Carvin TS100 and I am pretty sure I will end up getting one. what are your recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
FINALLY brought home my Axe-Fx II! :woohoo: Question for those of you running the Axe-2 into a VHT 2/50/2 + cab setup, do you guys find the tones more suitable when running the power amp sims on or off? It was late by the time I was able to get everything racked so I couldn't play with much volume at all and only got about 20 minutes in last night but I went back and forth and from what I could tell it sounded thicker/bigger with the power amp sims turned on and speaker sims off. Any tips for how you like to run things with the same (or similar) setup? :yesway:

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
FINALLY brought home my Axe-Fx II! :woohoo: Question for those of you running the Axe-2 into a VHT 2/50/2 + cab setup, do you guys find the tones more suitable when running the power amp sims on or off? It was late by the time I was able to get everything racked so I couldn't play with much volume at all and only got about 20 minutes in last night but I went back and forth and from what I could tell it sounded thicker/bigger with the power amp sims turned on and speaker sims off. Any tips for how you like to run things with the same (or similar) setup? :yesway:

just like that ...Power amp sims on Cab sims off, you can also take the sag down to zero on the amp block (I forgot which tab it's on) and that also turns off the Power amp , so you just get the preamp tone)
with some amp models it sounds good that way with others it doesn't.
time to Experiment Matt :agreed:

Scrubface05

Reaction score
I've been having a lot of trouble getting a decent tone on my Ultra. I've gone on youtube and dialed in tones exactly like other people, but it sounds completely different. Any ideas why? Also does anyone know where I can download some patches to tweak?

Aceshighhhh

Reaction score
I've been having a lot of trouble getting a decent tone on my Ultra. I've gone on youtube and dialed in tones exactly like other people, but it sounds completely different. Any ideas why? Also does anyone know where I can download some patches to tweak?

A good place to start that really helped me out is with the FAS Modern amp and the Metal 4x12 cab. You can also throw in a T808 OD in there to help tighten it up

Aceshighhhh

Reaction score

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
So, been running a power amp and cab setup for a while, was just wanting some good tips or maybe just some ideas as to how everyone else has their settings on the amp blocks in their patches like this?

Ive got a decent one i like now, still trying to dial out that little bit of harshness. Im running RG7621>axefx>matrix gt800fx>avatar contemporary 2x12

DOne ALOT of searching on this and would love some pointers on this

Aceshighhhh

Reaction score
So, been running a power amp and cab setup for a while, was just wanting some good tips or maybe just some ideas as to how everyone else has their settings on the amp blocks in their patches like this?

Ive got a decent one i like now, still trying to dial out that little bit of harshness. Im running RG7621>axefx>matrix gt800fx>avatar contemporary 2x12

DOne ALOT of searching on this and would love some pointers on this

Make sure you have the cab sims off, and try the power amp sim off/on to taste.

You'd probably have a lot more luck with this question at the Fractal forums.

DMONSTER

SS.org Dweller
Reaction score
Well just though I'd post this cus it surely just took away LOADS of the harshness I was experiencing:

On my high gain patches I turned the master down to about 5.5 and the damping down from where I usually have it (really high) and its waaaayy better, so if anyone else hasn't tried that, do so :)

Scrubface05

Reaction score
Are those drums guitar pro? >_>

The guitar sounds really low and muffled, seems like something wrong in the signal chain. You're recording the Axe DI via usb right?

Drums are superior. Using my Axe through a Tascam US-144 MKII interface. It's the patch, trust me. Not the way we're recording haha. Because we've recorded my friends Ultra the same way, and got this,
This recording sounds MUCH better.
Demo of things to come... by Lolzroyce on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
It was designed by Jocke Skog who was ok for it to be included as long as he got credit on the manual, which Fractal didn't do. So he hasked it was removed, it's still available on his site for free, he just wanted a deserved recognition.

So that said, I discovered the looper in my axe 2 and it's an invaluable tool to tweak without playing and without having to do a dry track, my V1 was a standard so I didn't even think about using it for this.
Started on what was my main tone problem, ie, the bass guitar, and got good stuff in minutes.

TaylorMacPhail

Heisenberg
Reaction score

mcleanab

Theta Sagan Swords
Reaction score
Hi all...

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I'm curious about the Ultra or even the Standard... is it possible to turn "off" the amp models and keep the cab models going?

For instance, let's say I like my ISP Theta preamp and would love to run that into the Ultra or Standard and use all the cabs and effect but not the amps... is that possible?

I just found out it's not possible with the HD Pod Pro (which is disappointing). I think it's possible with the Digitech GSP, but not sure...

Any and all info greatly appreciated... thanks!

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
I think cab blocks are seperate from the amps on the Axe II but not aure about the ultra.....

Latest posts

')