Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Tomorrow when I get the release I'll do a 2 minutes to midnight tonematch test, the intro riff should be enough I hope just before the drums come in.
I just need to find myself a passive guitar tuned to E....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
Ah. I see. Well, I did find a package deal from PreSonus that includes an AudioBox USB, an MXL 990 mic, two Fostex PM0.4 monitors, mic stand, monitor cables, and a mic cable for $320. Sounds like a decent deal to me, no?
PreSonus Audiobox USB Recording Package | Musician's Friend

I wouldn't even bother with that package. Those are shitty monitors. You're better off buying the interface by itself, then getting some decent monitors separately.

maximummetal288

Reaction score
YES! Time to play with v6.0!

This bit has me REALLY excited: "Improved tuner with strobe tuner accuracy and detection down to G0."

:D

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Fractal Audio Axe FX II V6 Demo v2 by Praxis111 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

My new patch.

The kicks clipping the crap out of it for some reason, my bad.

You probably don't get the full effect from that but it feels fantastic and my strings are totally different. The controls feel fantastic, particularly as a long time die hard Mesa user.

My Mark patches have lost a little bit of cut, but gained a real authentic sponginess with higher master levels and the mid gain and FAT additions go a long way to filling the sound out in a way it never did before. I haven't tried out any others yet, just the ones I mostly use but they all felt new.

EDIT: Updated my clip, mix is a little fuller and you can more prominently hear my mistakes :lol:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Sure thing, PM me your email addy :)

Only cos it's you :lol:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
....aaaaand I've worked out how to make an inverse microphone.

Ok.

Set the local input of the tone match to sum L+R (standard) and make one without the mic just on whatever cab you have setup. I've been doing this mono by the way.

Then set the Ref source to whatever row your signal chain is on and switch on a mic in the cab block. In my case this was an SM58 because I own one (a real one haha).

Do the reference match and save the impulse as (for example) SM58.

Record your favourite real amp tone with an SM58. Put the tone match after the amp, and a cab block with the mic impulse after it and it removes the mic.

Done.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
The tone matching block is a really nice feature. I was able to match 4 of Petrucci's rhythm tones in a few minutes.

Aftermath1

Reaction score
When I download someones patch it overwrites the preset I was on, is there a way to quickly revert back to the old preset or move it to a different preset number?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
When I download someones patch it overwrites the preset I was on, is there a way to quickly revert back to the old preset or move it to a different preset number?

Go to the "Save as" drop down menu in Axe-Edit and click save to new location.
From there you can choose what preset to save over.

I am really digging the Diezal Vh4 now. Before I found myself constantly switching amps and cabs but its much easier to home in a tone now.

')