This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
This firmware is awesome. I cannot freakin wait to get some patches from people who profile their amps. There's already a guy on the Fractal forums doing his ENGL Savage. I'll break into his house and steal that patch if I need to.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I'm trying to do a decent Amon Amarth take but the best and longest solo guitar track I found was the intro to Hermod's ride to Hel, if someone has a better idea or better (and longer, more varied) source. :)
The result as of now is not bad, though. I'll try to record something tomorrow.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
So, finally got me the new firmware, but won't have time until next week to try everything out with a little bit of time...

But I will so tonematch SunnO))) :lol:

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
So, finally got me the new firmware, but won't have time until next week to try everything out with a little bit of time...

But I will so tonematch SunnO))) :lol:

I was thinking about doing the same thing :lol:

I will get to it this weekend but it should be epic.

:scream:

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I'm trying to do a decent Amon Amarth take but the best and longest solo guitar track I found was the intro to Hermod's ride to Hel, if someone has a better idea or better (and longer, more varied) source. :)
The result as of now is not bad, though. I'll try to record something tomorrow.

Open "Pursuit of Vikings" mp3 in your DAW. Cut out the begining riff (solo'd guitar). Then in a new session, paste that clipped section a few times over and voila - an isolated Amon Amarth track long enough to tonematch :metal:

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I'll try it too, not sure how a B chugging riff will translate well, one note doesn't seem a lot to make an EQ filter across the whole range ^^ Asator also has a few seconds of single guitar.

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Okay, this feature is pretty awesome. Matching the tone from Stengah. This time I exported the first match as a cab and then matched again and it's really that much more precise! Still, the process itself is a breeze and it took no more than 2-3 minutes.

This clip is the original from 00:00-00:05 and my match starts from the long note at 00:05. This time I'm truly having a hard time telling the difference!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6017642/Stengah TM.wav

MetalThrasher

Thrash & Burn
Reaction score
I just updated to 6 last night. I really want to make the most of this. I want to replicate my orange thunderverb 50 and my Mark III. What do I need to get in order to do this? I love the upgrade the stock sounds are good. Really digging 33! About clipping.... when I am playing the two bars hit the red once in a while is that ok? I very seldom see the clipping light go on below the bars.

mikemueller2112

Reaction score
I just updated to 6 last night. I really want to make the most of this. I want to replicate my orange thunderverb 50 and my Mark III. What do I need to get in order to do this? I love the upgrade the stock sounds are good. Really digging 33! About clipping.... when I am playing the two bars hit the red once in a while is that ok? I very seldom see the clipping light go on below the bars.

The red lights should be "tickled". Basically you want them only flickering on the hardest strums, adjust the instrument input level until you get there.

cyb

Tune Low Play Slow
Reaction score
has anyone tried matching dino's demanufacture tone?

xfilth

Phrygianist
Reaction score
Exporting as a cab gives a really different result from the tonematch for me, is that more or less WAI ?

If you export as a cab, you have to either disable the TM block or Tone Match again including the cab

Aftermath1

Reaction score

Hopefully this helps, this guy is awesome!

ROAR

oaf tobar
Reaction score
If someone could help me out with my Axe II:

I have it connected to my Macbook via USB,
and out through the Left XLR output of my Axe II
it goes to a Mackie HD 1531.
I changed my system preference sounds so the Axe Fx is my
Output and Input. But when I play songs through iTunes it
only sends out the left channel, how can I get it to play
both channels?

Aftermath1

Reaction score
Thanks Aftermath for the tone match video. Can you please help me get this tone from Nolly both the rhythm and lead. I have no idea where to start. Here's the clip I would really like to get the tone of. https://bareknucklepickups.co.uk/main/pickups.php?cat=humbuckers&sub=contemporary&pickup=aftermath

It's the death metal clip.

I'm not able to do it right now (not at my PC) but to do it you'll need to open up the track in your DAW and mute everything over than the rhythm when matching that. Then the lead when doing that. Could be a bit of a pain to do, I'll have a look when I've got some time free :)

MetalThrasher

Thrash & Burn
Reaction score
Thanks Aftermath! Please mind my questions as I am new to all this stuff. I'm still trying to figure out how to use garage band as I just got a Mac last week and that is new to me as well lol. Once I get the hang of it I am going to get logic.

Aftermath1

Reaction score
Thanks Aftermath! Please mind my questions as I am new to all this stuff. I'm still trying to figure out how to use garage band as I just got a Mac last week and that is new to me as well lol. Once I get the hang of it I am going to get logic.

No worries man, I'm still an Axe Fx noob as it goes anyway. We're all here to learn and enjoy!

Metalus

JP BFR Whore
Reaction score
I keep hearing that the Alto TS115A wins in this department, while Ive heard other people suggest Electro Voice. What do you guys recommend?

')