This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Fractal selling 'new' ultras for $1600 on their site?

That's gunna kill used prices completely!

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Well im not ordering it till the 18th but still soooooo happy :D

Btw your in oshawa. Do you know a local band called denied existenece?

pvtcornflower

You know, just...yea
Reaction score
Anyone that ordered the Axe-FX II, how long were you on the waiting list before they contacted you?

Aftermath1

Reaction score
Anyone got a decent Parkway Drive patch? Being lazy here..

pvtcornflower

You know, just...yea
Reaction score
I joined the list march 9th and got the coupon may 7th so thats 2 days short of 2 months for the north america list

Cool, man. Thanks! I'm pretty excited to finally be taking the leap. I have been looking at these forever. The $800 coupon sold me.

dmg470

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I know there is a lot of topics on the Ernie Ball pedals but I can't seem to find a answer for the problem I'm having on any of the topics. I've also tried on the Fractal forum but I'm not getting much luck.

Currently, I've been using one of the expression pedals on my Roland FC-300 to control the volume but today I was given a Ernie Ball Stereo 25k Pedal and really like the feel of it, so I'd like to use it as my volume pedal instead of using the the FC-300.

Here's a link for the pedal I have;

Ernie Ball UK - 25K Stereo Volume Pedal for use with Active Electronics or Keyboards

The problem I have is I can't seem to get my Axe FX Standard to even recognize the EB pedal. In the I/O menu, when using the learn feature on external 1 it picks up nothing, I then set the external 1 to pedal 1 which I'm guessing it should be but still nothing. The patch has external 1 set as the source and I've also tried the various volume tapers and still nothing. I've wired it up to the pedal 1 jack at the back of the Axe FX using a 1/4" TRS to 2 1/4" mono jacks which then go into the in and output of the EB pedal. I've also tried the EB pedal connected to my Roland FC-300 MIDI board as an external expression pedal, I also setup the input on the MIDI to for it to be an expression pedal, but once again no response.

Is there something I'm missing?

I've checked all the cables with a multimeter and they are all fine, I've also checked the EB pedal as part of the signal chain to check if it works and it works fine too.

One thing I have noticed though which maybe a irreverent is that when I tap one of the cables when their not plugged into the EB pedal it opens the volume and if I tap it once again it closes it.

If you could help me with this problem then that would be great
icon_e_smile.gif

Thanks in advance,

David

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
What are my options for a cheap, temporary MIDI switching unit for my AxeFX 2 (Which should arrive tomorrow :hbang:)? I'm leaning towards the one Behringer makes because it's only $150 and has two expression pedals as well. This is only if I need to use it live in a pinch or so the guitarist in my band can use it if he wants to.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Not an Axe user but I love my Behringer. People complained about the programming..Took me a day to get my head around but it's very easy. I didn't even use the software, that should make it a lot easier!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I thought the ext things were for MIDI?

To make a volume pedal work as an expression you need only to connect one mono cable from the output of the pedal to the expression pedal jack. There are probably pedal jacks on your floor unit, which you may have to calibrate or something like you do on my ground control, or you plug it into the back of the axe. The pedal jacks on the back of the axe are designed for expressions, so of you allocate it to an ext block I imagine it'll be treated as a momentary switch.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I got my ground control used for less than that.

Just sayin'

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
I don't know how it relates to the US, but my friend got on the list for G66 and they emailed him saying it would only be a month, he wasn't ready and asked them to delay it!

')