noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Hey guys.

So I just wanted to know what the best idea would be as far as setting up the AxeFX 2 to use live. More importantly, what GEAR I should go with to make it work.

Before I start, do I need a power amp if I'm NOT using a guitar cabinet?

Anyways. I was thinking the best idea would be to run Output 1 to the board via BALANCED XLR cables (I'm assuming no DI is needed), and somehow I wanted to buy my own FRFR monitor (so my monitor sounds exactly the same as my KRK's at home, no need to tweak tones at venues as much) but I want to have the same mix that the rest of the band is getting.

So yeah, any recommendations on how that setup works gear-wise or, other setup options, I'd like to hear what you guys do. Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
I think if you want to run it FRFR all you need is the Axe FX

Thanks man. So basically Output 1 > PA and Output 2 > FRFR monitor? Only issue is how do I get the band in that mix... I'd need to snag the Sound Guy's mix somehow, and send it through my monitor.

cyb

Tune Low Play Slow
Reaction score
yeah you wont need a power amp if you are using an active FRFR monitor. You will probably still have to tweak because FRFR monitors won't sound exactly like KRK monitors. (in my experience at least)

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
yeah you wont need a power amp if you are using an active FRFR monitor. You will probably still have to tweak because FRFR monitors won't sound exactly like KRK monitors. (in my experience at least)

Yeah I assumed they'd just be pretty close, but not spot on. Plus in a bass heavy room like mine... =/

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
If you want to get the monitor feed from up front, you just need to buy a little mixer. You run your monitor feed from the axe into the mixer, take the monitor feed the sound guy would be sending to your monitor into the mixer and output with your own monitor mix to your own monitor.

You probably don't need your own monitor tbh, it'll sound pretty similar through house monitors however I have one so I can not only play at home or with a drummer (and without PA) but also so I can sit it at the back of the stage facing out should the need for a little more be there.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^based on what?

Everywhere I've played (mostly shit venues) have decent monitors. If you're going to have your own monitor just to put everybody else through it anyway it's sort of redundant.

As I have my own monitor, I'd have everybody else's feed separate and use mine just for me. It won't give any better a representation of the FOH sound though because the changes of FOH using £800 a time HD1221's is pretty slim.

I'm not arguing with you, but you made a statement and didn't give any reasoning.

2ManyShoes

10th Degree GearSlut
Reaction score
Anyone else use the Behringer FCB1010? I ordered one from the store I work at so I'm excited to try it out. I've heard awesome things considering the price.

I have one. I use it to control my TC rack stuff. You can also channel switche amps as part of a preset, which is nice. Haven't gigged it in a while (haven't gigged at all in a while), but it was rock solid when I did.

2ManyShoes

10th Degree GearSlut
Reaction score
Sorry if this is old news, but I was checking the waitlist thread at Fractal (I should get my code in about 2 or 3 weeks, I think) and noticed that the MFC-101 foot controller is also sold out and waitlisted now. In other words, to get the FX-II and the foot controller, you need to be on two lists.

Here's the link if you're interested.

MFC-101 MIDI Foot Controller - Order Online

flint757

Reaction score
nothing they regularly have them in stock. The waitlist is for $100 off...or it least that was what it was about before.

flint757

Reaction score
Well yeah they probably are, what I meant was that they come in stock pretty regularly as in they restock periodically.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
And the waitlist is to actually buy one, there is no coupon discount. Says right on the MFC's product page

flint757

Reaction score
Well like I said I hadn't checked in awhile. Just 6 months ago when I was interested the waitlist was only for the discount. Ya know I appreciate Cliff for what he does, but he really needs a better work model because it just doesn't work anymore. it's kind of selfish, he knows the demand is un-waivering so its almost like he refuses to increase cost and expand. He can be a bit of a douche in his own forum too. :lol:

nojyeloot

Reaction score
FYI from Cliff over at the Gear Page:

6.01 is in beta test. The testers are raving about the new Leslie sim, the new amp models and the new drive models.

I am out-of-town until next Monday so it won't get released until I get back.

:D

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
I saw that too. Does that mean this mondy coming up or a week from that monday?

All 3 channels of the 5153 plus possibly new diezel sims :D

')