This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kristianx510

Reaction score
I have seen quite a few people set up their Axe FX's at home with nothing but the unit plugged into a computer, and I know it sounds good DI in the studio or at home, but how does it sound live?

Adeamus

sucks.
Reaction score
It sounds good enough that I sold a Mesa 4x12, a VHT fatbottom and a VHT 2:90:2 poweramp to flip over to just playing direct.

Here is my band live about a month ago, its slightly blown out, but literally everything is direct other then the vocals and drums. All guitar and bass are AxeFX2

Underworld

Reaction score
MFC-101 - is it worth it? (pairing with an Axe-Fx II) Considering I could use the Rocktron midimate I already own?

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
MFC-101 - is it worth it? (pairing with an Axe-Fx II) Considering I could use the Rocktron midimate I already own?

It really depends on what you need to do with the midi controller. If you're just going to do basically patch changing, then you don't need it. The MFC is awesome in Axe-FX mode though. I learn how to do something new all the time.

Underworld

Reaction score
It really depends on what you need to do with the midi controller. If you're just going to do basically patch changing, then you don't need it. The MFC is awesome in Axe-FX mode though. I learn how to do something new all the time.

What more can you do with it? Please share you experience with us :bowdown:

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
This sums it up better than me.

Basically, I love being able to kick on delay or compression within a patch instead of changing to a different one. It's simple things like those options that make my day.

Aevolve

Yugen.
Reaction score
Howdy guys- I'm getting a Matrix GT1000FX to run my Ultra through in the next couple weeks. Just out of curiosity (as I imagine one of you guys have used your Axe with a Matrix poweramp)- what method should I use to connect it? Just normal 1/4" cables? And if so, what cable(s) would you recommend?

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
It almost doesn't matter, its just a line level signal which are quite high impedance, loading issues associated with cheap cables are a non issue. Any decent, hardy patch cable will more than suffice.

Mazzy

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, the standard and ultra use a completely different modeling "technology" than the Axe FX II uses.

flint757

Reaction score
^^^I don't think that is true, it has newer hardware which allows for the software and algorithms to be more complex helping you get more realism, but at the core they are the same tech. The only difference is software, more of everything (amps, effects, etc.) and the headphones and interface aspect of it which are absent on the earlier models.

j_m_s

Reaction score
I don't think the MFC 101 has a wait list per se.. At least it didn't when I got it.. I just waited around and checked the site daily.. One day i saw the add to cart button on the MFC and i clicked it and then a week later it arrived here in sunny Singapore. (They don't ship direct here so I had to use a forwarding company).

Great unit, well worth the coin in my opinion.

flint757

Reaction score
Apparently they are officially waitlisted because of demand and his slow ass build process. He put a note on the shopping page about it. He really needs to kick things up a notch, but c'est la vie.

walleye

Reaction score
^^^I don't think that is true, it has newer hardware which allows for the software and algorithms to be more complex helping you get more realism, but at the core they are the same tech. The only difference is software, more of everything (amps, effects, etc.) and the headphones and interface aspect of it which are absent on the earlier models.

no, he was right, the axe 2's models are completely reworked from the ground up. they then found that the reworked models wouldnt fit on the ultra so they brought out a new box to accomodate them.

')