noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Yeah, it's just a pain to create my own patches, let alone create 3 different version of all of them. ):

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

walleye

Reaction score
you have to dial them in at the same volume that you perform with them at otherwise they will be nearly unrecognizable when you crank them up later on. so, unless your studio monitors can reach 110db then i wouldnt recommend using those to dial them in. i'm in a similar problem myself; no safe haven

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
You'll be getting different results with different venues anyway, so why worry? You seem to have the usual setup...if you don't want to depend on FOH for your monitoring, then you need to bring your own like everyone else! Otherwise, don't fret about it.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I have 2 recording patches, a number of patches I just play with through my ref monitors, 5 'live' patches and a couple of loud live patches.

It's just the nature of it.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
So im gonna have the chance to get a jbl prx612m, an EV EXP thing (the new 600$ 1000w wedge) pr the alto ts112 a or 115a

112a 300$
115a 350$
EV 600$ taxes in
JBL 800$ taxes in

This will be mainly for my axe II. The jbl is got me gassing hard but is it really worth the price of a K10?

oryphic

Untitled
Reaction score
I'm currently running an maudio fast track ultra, but connecting anything midi while one my Mac seems to be problematic, as well as my UNO. The maudio UNO is just bad, unless you're just using a keyboard for simple beat making and what not - but I expected more from the fast track. My question is for all the Mac users, whats the best bang for your buck midi interface for what I need? I'm really just looking to be able to use axe edit from time to time... With it not being a pain in my ass to get working every time. Thanks!

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^Seriously boosted Marshall 800 into Mesa cab. I think I tailed of some very high end and boosted around 1-2k just a little bit.

Try the 808 mod boost with the gain off, tone pretty high and level on half to start. Get the Marshall 800 set up with the bass quite low, mids quite high and trebl to taste but above half way. Mesa can darkens it a little and gives it the slightly modern EQ shape too. Bright mode will help the Marshall bite a little, and I THINK that was one of the amps I switched on 'boost' and had the gain about 2-2.5. Adjust the level of the 808 mod to get the gain were you want it.

Francis978

Reaction score
Here is my question since I was too lazy to read this thread at 1:30 Am XD

How much does the Axe-FX II cost? And what else would I need with it to be content? I assume you don't just buy that one thing.

Thanks all :D

flint757

Reaction score
I believe it $2200

you'd need power amp and cab/passive monitor or active monitor

That is probably about as bare minimum

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
I got my axe II with the waitlist coupon and it waa 2650$ after shipping and taxes to canada.

Realistically youd be fine with just headphones but a a PA speaker and MiDi cpntroller are super helpful :)

Francis978

Reaction score
So the axe fx ii is near 3000 dollars (rounding it up) and how much is the midi foot controller? And that monitor the comment above spoke of? Would it be ideal for live? Or would I rather a real amp more in the end
If anyone doesn't mind (and wont kill me for asking) what's the difference between the keeper and axe fx? Pardon my ignorance. I just wanna know.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
So the axe fx ii is near 3000 dollars (rounding it up) and how much is the midi foot controller? And that monitor the comment above spoke of? Would it be ideal for live? Or would I rather a real amp more in the end
If anyone doesn't mind (and wont kill me for asking) what's the difference between the keeper and axe fx? Pardon my ignorance. I just wanna know.

A cheap one to only chance channels can be as cheap as 100$ (behringer fcb1010 or tech 21 midi mouse) and apparently a good and cheap powered PA speaker is the alto TS112A for 300$ plus a rack case.

So all in all budget out 3200-3500$ to get a full axe fx rig at minimum

youshy

Curly-man
Reaction score
Guys, quick question - is there anyone with ultra/II and orange rockerverb to do side-by-side comparison?

Local Astronaut
Reaction score
Got my coupon today.. put myself on the list on May 11th. The wait is getting shorter!

SO FUCKING EXCITED THOUGH HOLY SHIT

')