This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Pic and an explanation

2012-05-19_16-47-24_984.jpg

My power amp is completely split between left and right channels. I will not get output on both channels if they both dont have a cable going into them. Now, my Axe FX will only send a signal out one of the unbalanced outputs. How to I get it to send out both outputs so I dont have to use the splitter anymore?

hellraizer84

Reaction score
ok first off sorry for not putting this in the massive axe fx thread,i had a look through as much as i could take haha so i put this here in hope that someone may be able to help..

ok i fully understand the differences between the standard and ultra but it is the difference between the standard and 2 im interested in

i know all the extra features the 2 has but my question is this...

if i dial in a tone on the standard will that same tone sound different/better on the 2?

i just cant afford the 2 or ultra right now but might be able to stretch to the standard on ebay,but im worried i wont get the tone im after (which inevitably as may have guessed is a dirty djent tone haha)

iv heard the 2 in action doing periphery ect but iv never heard the standard do the same thing exactly....

sorry this whole djent+misha+axe fx thing is cropping up again haha,hope someone can help.cheers

flint757

Reaction score
mail in general dude...USPS is shipping one of my packages back because of a "wrong" address. :wallbash:

Reaction score
Seeing as the AFX standard doesn't come with a noisegate...how usable is the high gain stuff at louder volumes?

For reference I don't use a noisegate when using my recto at band practice and we use quite a bit of gain.

Kristianx510

Reaction score
I don't have an Axe FX, so my opinion wont be the best out there. But I have watched/listened to demo after demo of the Axe standard/ ultra and 2, so I can tell you that even thought the standard doesn't have as much to offer as the 2, it can definitely nail almost any tone you want.

walleye

Reaction score
Seeing as the AFX standard doesn't come with a noisegate...how usable is the high gain stuff at louder volumes?

For reference I don't use a noisegate when using my recto at band practice and we use quite a bit of gain.

i think the standard does have a noisegate at the input. the ultra has that plus one extra one you can put anywhere in the chain. i'm sure you'll be fine with the standard and its input gate

hellraizer84

Reaction score
I don't have an Axe FX, so my opinion wont be the best out there. But I have watched/listened to demo after demo of the Axe standard/ ultra and 2, so I can tell you that even thought the standard doesn't have as much to offer as the 2, it can definitely nail almost any tone you want.

thanks for the reply man,good to know,ill keep digging!

hellraizer84

Reaction score
hope that someone may be able to help..

ok i fully understand the differences between the standard and ultra but it is the difference between the standard and 2 im interested in

i know all the extra features the 2 has but my question is this...

if i dial in a tone on the standard will that same tone sound different/better on the 2?

i just cant afford the 2 or ultra right now but might be able to stretch to the standard on ebay,but im worried i wont get the tone im after (which inevitably as may have guessed is a dirty djent tone haha)

iv heard the 2 in action doing periphery ect but iv never heard the standard do the same thing exactly....

sorry this whole djent+misha+axe fx thing is cropping up again haha,hope someone can help.cheers

user_online.gif

Dores

Reaction score
The Standard will give you all the tones you want. The 2 is easier to tweak.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Get the 2. I only owned a pod hd before jumping up and man is it confusing. I can get good tones but its so frustrated if i had gone with an ultra instead which is harder to tweak

bigswifty

Reaction score
^ Speaking of the Ultra supposedly being harder to tweak;
I've had some real trouble making tones that really shine lately, and it affects my playing. I was wondering if anybody could offer some tips or suggestions to starting out a new tone from scratch. For any type of tone.

I've been trying to find a good website/source for gear used during X album recording type stuff so I have a basis to go off of when making a new tone.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
Try to keep things simple.

I dont know how well itd work on an ultra but try amp cab and maybe a boost/noisegate. Tweak that utill your almost completly satisfied then use an EQ after te amp

Weimat01

Reaction score
I just got a FCB1010 with the uno chip and I'm trying to set it up with the axeFX II. Can anyone tell me how to assign presents to the switches?

hellraizer84

Reaction score
just to ask this agin more clearly,does the axe fx standard SOUND different to the axe fx 2?

i know it has loads extra features ect and additional sounds but do the "regular models" sound the same on both or better on the 2?cheers

')