This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I also couldn't tell you, I bought mine used and porbably overpaid, but others have sold since for a similar price so...

These things are difficult to judge, they're new, hyped and high quality, they're also computer based so go in and out of fashion a little. Though in my honest opinion, the Axe 2 is so good I don't see what they're gunna do to compete with it soundwise in future.

Anyway, they're readily available from Fractal now so we're probably getting a little closer to their actual value now. If I were looking for a 2 now, I wouldn't flinch at spending £16-1800 when they're about £2200 new.

Genome

Reaction score
I bought mine new for £1800 in August. Who's charging you £2200?

Alex6534

Reaction score
On Gumtree they're going for around £1300/£1500 used, hopefully getting mine next year!

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
I was just wondering, would never sell it for £1400 or there about's.

Well it's getting used a fair bit anyway, I just can't stop gear lusting HA :).

Also really like my ENGL..

ArrowHead

Reaction score
I was just wondering, would never sell it for £1400 or there about's.

Well it's getting used a fair bit anyway, I just can't stop gear lusting HA :).

Also really like my ENGL..

Two just sold in our area. Both went for $2000. I wouldn't settle for any less than that if your unit's undamaged and unblemished.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
I bought mine new for £1800 in August. Who's charging you £2200?

:lol:

You're right, the exchange rate was very different when I got mine a year ago!

EDIT: you must have paid on a good day, even with the rates as they are you'd be looking at closer to £1900...

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
Two just sold in our area. Both went for $2000. I wouldn't settle for any less than that if your unit's undamaged and unblemished.

Agree on that, I do like my AXE a lot though.. Just spend more time tweaking than actually doing anything :)

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Speaking of tweaking, just finished setting this up for scene changes:

20121111_145341.jpg

15 banks of 5 presets each, with banks 0,5,10,and 15 as a scene control bank with tuner/bypass and pedals for scenes 2-5. (scene 2 is the initial preset).

That's 75 presets with 5 scenes each preset. That ought to cover me.

Top row controls comp, drive, mod, delay, and reverb stomps globally, with the exception of mod which can be programmed to control anything I want per-patch. For example in one patch it turns a flanger on and off. In another a chorus. In a third, it turns on a rotary effect, phaser, and chorus. Pretty handy. Expression pedals (cut off in picture) control Volume, and Wah.

Labels were printed out on adhesive shipping label paper.

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
Very sweet, I'd just settle for a decent tone HA!.. It is harder to get what I want then a thought.. A deep, clear powerful sounding mesa tone with a chugg that drops into the mix and sounds like it came from a LOG album..

Not asking for much :)

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
^sounds like what I use, and I got a tone I'm really happy with.

What are your settings?

Seanthesheep

Reaction score

finally!!!!

really sounds like the alto stack up, IMO especially the ts115a. the biggest difference I notice is clarity and detail in the tones

flint757

Reaction score
The only issue I have is all the speakers are in different locations and they didn't move the mic or the speakers so like in the ts112a's case it was all the way to the left of the mic.

Seanthesheep

Reaction score
yea, its for sure not perfect but its probably one of the most varied comparisons out there

flint757

Reaction score
It was a nice comparison for sure and I understand why they didn't as it would have been a pain in the ass. :lol:

Weimat01

Reaction score
There is a 4x12 engl pro cab in my local store (australia) that is 70% off until tomorrow. Do you think a 4x12 engl pro cab + some kind of power amp would be better than a Mackie HD1221/similar for axe fx II. The cab is about $650 + power amp cost vs hd1221 normally 1500 aud. The only catch is that I'm mostly into playing at home and small gigs, so I don't really need the best gear I can get & I wasn't planning on buying anything soon, but I thought this was a pretty good deal. Any advice would be appreciated.

Atomshipped

Reaction score
Hmmm anyone know where I can find some good Ultra patches? Axe-Change seems to be flooded with II patches and there're only about 20 for Ultra. I've went through the Fractal forums and found a *few* good ones, but in general there seem to be almost none.

Out of the few I've found and even fewer I've downloaded, only three presets really sound good to me. "Andromeda Lead" is a great lead tone, I love that. I downloaded a patch off these forums as well that is decent. Fearedse's Uberschall sounds okay, but I really like his cab IR thingy (that plus the R121 mic = every high gain patch sounds way better).

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
There is a 4x12 engl pro cab in my local store (australia) that is 70% off until tomorrow. Do you think a 4x12 engl pro cab + some kind of power amp would be better than a Mackie HD1221/similar for axe fx II. The cab is about $650 + power amp cost vs hd1221 normally 1500 aud. The only catch is that I'm mostly into playing at home and small gigs, so I don't really need the best gear I can get & I wasn't planning on buying anything soon, but I thought this was a pretty good deal. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you're only playing at hoem I'd get the Mackie, it's cheaper and they sound really pretty good and you get the full use of the Axe (Cab IR's)
if you go thru the Engl alot of your patches 9especially the high gain ones) will all sound very similar.
I had that issue with my mnesa 50/50 and my 2 X12 cabs tht's why I sold them and wnet with the RCF 12NX sma (killer wedge BTW)

ShadowAMD

Reaction score
^sounds like what I use, and I got a tone I'm really happy with.

What are your settings?

So I tried a couple:

Tube OD > USA > Recto cab w U87 / German 4X12 w Sm57.

FAS6160 > CALI 4X12 w Sm57

Newest one I'm playing about with is:

FAS Modern / German 4X12 w MD421 / Hi-power V30 w Sm57.

')