mongey

Reaction score
havent had a chance to try 18,07 yet., got it upgraded then the baby decided she wouldnt sleep and would scream instead all night .

mistakes happen and all that but it is a little odd and a little sloppy there was a fault so many FW's ago that didnt get picked up , especially as the modelling just had a major overhaul. you'd expect a beta tester somewhere to pick up on it .

to Cliff's credit though he fixed it super fast as usual

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
5150 II + EMG 57 = badass tones.

Really finding this pretty sensitive to pickups. There are some presets that really don't like EMGs and work better with passives. Shocked at that, as I've never owned a modeler where it actually made a difference.

EDIT: Thanks to my boy Shask, I think I found a rhythm tone. This, out of all the modelers I've tried, is the biggest I've ever sounded. Axe rules.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/steinmetzify/rhythmtone[/SC]

Last edited:

mongey

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to try 18.07 and I think there is a noticeable difference for the ultra res it's. Low end feels way better to me.

Shask

Reaction score
Finally got a chance to try 18.07 and I think there is a noticeable difference for the ultra res it's. Low end feels way better to me.

It is funny because when UR came out I was blown away. That was the first time I felt like I could live with playing into monitors/FRFR/Headphones because I am more of an amp/cab guy. That was back on version 13 or 14.

Since then I assumed I just got used to that sound, because I never really noticed anything being missing. They still sounded better than the regular IRs to me.

Looking forward to spending some time with UR again to see what I didn't know I was missing :lol:

Thrashman

Got Groove?
Reaction score
I'm having uncontrollable GAS for the XL unit as of late.. is there really ANY reason not to take the $2900 plunge now that G3 modelling is finally out? I can't think of any.. :lol:

Considered getting a regular II, but them being discontinued (albeit for the reason of the XL+ being released) pushes me more in the XL direction even more, just for that extra edge and the XL "only" costs $400 more anyway.

:ugh:

FretsOnFyre

SSO's sociopath
Reaction score
5150 II + EMG 57 = badass tones.

Really finding this pretty sensitive to pickups. There are some presets that really don't like EMGs and work better with passives. Shocked at that, as I've never owned a modeler where it actually made a difference.

EDIT: Thanks to my boy Shask, I think I found a rhythm tone. This, out of all the modelers I've tried, is the biggest I've ever sounded. Axe rules.

[SC]https://soundcloud.com/steinmetzify/rhythmtone[/SC]

Sounds awesome! Very Killswitch Engage to my ears. What cab impulse are you using?

SSK0909

Reaction score
Cliff got his hands on a mint condition Mesa Mark IIC+. Can't wait for him to G3 da sunafabitch :D
My old IIC+ is the only amp that I miss a little, mainly because the Axe currently doesn't model all of the pullable knobs on the original amp. Hopefully he makes a bunch of IIC+ models for the Axe now :)

Steinmetzify

CHUG & SLUDGE
Reaction score
Man you guys......Fremen's new stuff for 18.07 is amazing. I grabbed and loaded these up last night and just got some free time to play around. There honestly isn't one here I wouldn't use for something....the rhythms are fantastic and so are the lead presets. Even the synths are dope!

Even the ones with the user cabs I don't have sound fantastic with the stock UR IRs or the Clark Kent Gift To Mankind IR.

Not to mention the fact that most of them are 60% or so on the CPU!

If you guys are noobs like me and want some seriously great patches to play with and see how the routing is done, do yourselves a favor and grab this. It's completely worth whatever you'd want to pay Fremen for them....they're that good. Donate if you can....I know dude had to throw a grip of time into these.

Shask

Reaction score
Man you guys......Fremen's new stuff for 18.07 is amazing. I grabbed and loaded these up last night and just got some free time to play around. There honestly isn't one here I wouldn't use for something....the rhythms are fantastic and so are the lead presets. Even the synths are dope!

Even the ones with the user cabs I don't have sound fantastic with the stock UR IRs or the Clark Kent Gift To Mankind IR.

Not to mention the fact that most of them are 60% or so on the CPU!

If you guys are noobs like me and want some seriously great patches to play with and see how the routing is done, do yourselves a favor and grab this. It's completely worth whatever you'd want to pay Fremen for them....they're that good. Donate if you can....I know dude had to throw a grip of time into these.

He always has some pretty cool presets. I tried them back on version 13 or something.

Shask

Reaction score
It's interesting to me how he gets so much in there and they're still only like 60-65%. Learning a lot checking out these routes.

If you dont go crazy with high quality settings on the cabs, cab preamps, or reverb, it is not hard to keep the CPU down.

I just usually crank that stuff up since most of my presets are amp and cab only. :hbang:

')