This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Prys new SFLx body with a very unglamorous neck.

P1040529.jpg

P1040526.jpg

Nick's new body
P1040528.jpg

P1040524.jpg

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
Flaw/rot in the laminate. Less than 100% isn't acceptable and thus....i shall be removing its spine within the fortnight.

(That being said, it was nearly 100%... :( )

It makes me very sad, but sadly those kinds of things aren't exactly easy to fortell :(.

However, the new body looks even more heavily figured than the last, or that could be me being optimistic, but it looks fantastic :D

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Did a lot of the carving on Pry's neck today. I've moved away from a really heavy asym carve - the offset heel and the last 13 frets are really the only area that needs it. Fits like a glove in teh higher registers - it puts your thumb exactly where you need to have it to maintain the most neutral hand position and not bump the lower horn when doing all the wheedily wheedily. Plus scallops. MMMM scallops.

P1040531.jpg

P1040530.jpg

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
As long as my heel gets that badass ziricote layer again, I could give two shits if its offset or not. Just make that little tasty sammich thing happen again :wub:.

That being said, that offset heel is a trip and a half to look at :spock:. I dig it.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
As long as my heel gets that badass ziricote layer again, I could give two shits if its offset or not. Just make that little tasty sammich thing happen again :wub:.

That being said, that offset heel is a trip and a half to look at :spock:. I dig it.

No worries there Nick - i've already got a piece of it stashed aside ready to clamp on. Pry's has a little sliver of rosewood in there too. I gotta say, sanding a rosewood neck is pain in the butt!

I'll be hopefully at the shop tomorrow and Friday - i'll be scarf jointing your headstock during those trips. We've got the fretboards finally being cut inhouse as well as of this coming weekend. We're just ironing out the bugs in the program, but i should have a pic happening soon of your replacement fretboard.....which is the most nuts piece of zirocote i've ever used. :)

The 8 string i was working on has been put on hold as it's a personal build until I get everyone elses stuff done.

Pry - BK's have shipped out and should be arriving next week. The Hipshot bridge is also been ordered as of today, so i should be seeing that soon too.

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
No worries there Nick - i've already got a piece of it stashed aside ready to clamp on. Pry's has a little sliver of rosewood in there too. I gotta say, sanding a rosewood neck is pain in the butt!

I'll be hopefully at the shop tomorrow and Friday - i'll be scarf jointing your headstock during those trips. We've got the fretboards finally being cut inhouse as well as of this coming weekend. We're just ironing out the bugs in the program, but i should have a pic happening soon of your replacement fretboard.....which is the most nuts piece of zirocote i've ever used. :)

The 8 string i was working on has been put on hold as it's a personal build until I get everyone elses stuff done.

Pry - BK's have shipped out and should be arriving next week. The Hipshot bridge is also been ordered as of today, so i should be seeing that soon too.

Yes :D, I adored that little thing, so I'm really happy its still happening. In housing the fretboards now eh? Must shave off a mess of time, that's badass. I'm also stupidly stoked to see the new fretboard. If its better than the last two I'll just crap myself.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Got some more pics and did a LOT Of work on Pry's guitar. I put Nick's new neck blank together (posted on Facebook) and posted Mike's neck. Sorry about the pic quality - i'm going to buy a decent camera soon after I sell a couple more.

DSCF0241.jpg

DSCF0244.jpg

Pry's

DSCF0238.jpg

DSCF0239.jpg

DSCF0237.jpg

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
hopefully this is cool with you Brian

my Mahogany Monster, all strung up with everything mounted. just a few slight adjustments to be made and this beast should be in my hands in the next two weeks.

gorgeous work man, you rock \m/

mahoganymonster.jpg

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
So transactions are all complete, guitar is 99.99% done based on what Brian told me, will be 100% complete this week, tested and ready to come home to papa.

i'm so stoked for this beast, i'm probably gunna spend the whole weekend playing it, abandoning all responsibilities (cept my son of course)

NGD with Pics and all very fucking soon after receiving it

this'll probably be my last post in the Bowes thread until it's in my hands

')