canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
So transactions are all complete, guitar is 99.99% done based on what Brian told me, will be 100% complete this weekend, tested and ready to come home to papa.

Yep! I just need to wire it up and it's out the door. This week has turned into a test of my sanity in almost every facet of my life so I'm hoping I get everything done!

Pry's guitar is current eating up the first coat of tung oil and should be getting it's 2nd and 3rd coats today. When I get up to the 8th coat, she'll be all ready to go! Hopefully Hipshot gets my order of stuff here soon!

:hbang::hbang::hbang::hbang:
Also wanted to give an update on the 7 string run coming up. I've been trying to get everything done for the end of June to start the run, but I've had to restart a build for a customer twice due to issues with them and getting everything ready to roll with the fretboards on the CNC has backed me up about 3 weeks.

SO! At this time, I'm hoping to fill the 6 available slots for ***7 string guitars ONLY*** starting Friday June 22. I'll take the first 6 emails that I receive to my bowesguitars@gmail.com account on that date (yes, you can email at 12:01 AM June 22) on a first come first serve basis. I can't create a waiting list for builds just due to the fact that I want to be able to interact and give ALL of my attention to those 6 customers.

If you want a reminder email regarding the run, shoot an email to bowesguitars@gmail.com and I'll make sure you get an email about it. Once I've received the first 6 emails, i'll contact those people directly and arrange for the deposit. If i can't get a hold of you and arrange the deposit in 48 hours, I'll move onto the next person in line who emailed. :)

Deposits will be $250 CDN and the deposit WILL ONLY be used to buy wood and electronics, not seed anything else. Guitars requiring Bareknuckle Pickups will require a deposit of $400 and guitars requiring Nordstrand Pickups (the big assed 1/4 pole humbuckers!) require a deposit of $350. Stock pickups are Dimarzio pickups and I will not be offering Seymour Duncan pickups. You are more than welcome to send me Duncans if you want and I'll discount the price of the guitar by $100.

The guitars will all be built together in stages so as to not have one person's guitar ahead of another one. Any flaws that come up in production of your guitar will require a complete rebuild - no exceptions. I'm not putting out guitars with things covered up or compromised.

All of my guitars have the upper 12-25 frets scalloped on the top 3 strings.

The estimated time for completion on these guitars is 4 months.

There are a few bodies that are already completed from the CNC. I'll post the ones that are completed on here and Facebook. If you want one of those, I'll knock $50 off the price of your guitar. I have enough 1 piece ash blanks for at least 30 guitars and we've already cut one for a 7 string. It looks great. There is also a solid 1 piece figured maple body that is also available at this time.

I should have some decent pics tonight or Wednesday of Sepultorture's guitar and Pry's guitar. Both turned out really well and I'm really hoping that they dig them as much as I enjoyed building them. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Here is Scott's monster - he requested that I don't do the offset heel. Sadness. :(

Specs

7 string 26 inch scale, 25 frets
Ceramic Warpig Bridge, Aftermath neck (soon to have another piggy with the same cover)
Hipshot hardware
Ebony nut
Ebony fretboard
Mahogany neck and headstock
5 piece neck - 3 pieces roasted figured maple, 2 pieces wenge
1 3 way, 1 volume

P1040539.jpg

P1040540.jpg

P1040541.jpg

P1040542.jpg

P1040543.jpg

P1040546.jpg

P1040547.jpg

P1040548.jpg

iloki

Reaction score
I think that is the most beautiful piece of mahogany that I've ever seen

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
The site is also back up. I should have Scott's guitar on there in the next couple of days.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I was pretty happy when I got it strung up and adjusted and there were no high spots on the frets. Plays really nice, nicely balances and is damn loud. I'm finding a lot of the ones i'm doing end up being pretty loud with the figured ash being the loudest yet.

I'm actually sad that this one is going to Scott - I still don't have a Bowes for myself and this one plays really nicely. I'm looking forward to taking a month of and building 4 guitars for myself at the end of the year.

Why the "meh" tag on the thread! Sadness!

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
The price isnt on fb either :S

There should be an event, but Timeline isn't that friendly. Here's the rest of the info from the da book. I'll just change the page description.

I will be starting a run of 7 string guitars June 22, 2012. On June 22, you can send an email to BOWESGUITARS@GMAIL.COM starting at midnight to get in on this.

*** I'm not taking reservations for these slots and it's definitely first come, first serve.***

A deposit of $250 will be required after your slot has been confirmed and will not be taken beforehand. This is taken to purchase wood and electronics beforehand. If an order requires Bareknuckle Pickups, the deposit will be $400.

I'll be adding more details to the run and the options available soon, but the prices will be:

7 String SFLx (slimline) - $1700 + case and shipping
7 String SLx (carvetop) - $1750 + case and shipping

All guitars will have 1 three-way "Petrucci" selector and 1 volume knob.

The only thing I will add is that Seymour Duncans won't be available unless you wish to purchase them on your own and ship them. In those cases, I'll discount your purchase by $100

t0ad

Reaction score
I will be starting a run of 7 string guitars June 22, 2012. On June 22, you can send an email to BOWESGUITARS@GMAIL.COM starting at midnight to get in on this.

*** I'm not taking reservations for these slots and it's definitely first come, first serve.***

A deposit of $250 will be required after your slot has been confirmed and will not be taken beforehand. This is taken to purchase wood and electronics beforehand. If an order requires Bareknuckle Pickups, the deposit will be $400.

I'll be adding more details to the run and the options available soon, but the prices will be:

7 String SFLx (slimline) - $1700 + case and shipping
7 String SLx (carvetop) - $1750 + case and shipping

All guitars will have 1 three-way "Petrucci" selector and 1 volume knob.

The only thing I will add is that Seymour Duncans won't be available unless you wish to purchase them on your own and ship them. In those cases, I'll discount your purchase by $100

First time checking this thread and couldn't have hoped for a better surprise after skimming through 38 pages of history and slowly growing my own kind of exotic wood at the sight of Brian's work. :wag:

Time to move some money around!

Looking forward to reading about the available options on that run...

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
First time checking this thread and couldn't have hoped for a better surprise after skimming through 38 pages of history and slowly growing my own kind of exotic wood at the sight of Brian's work. :wag:

Time to move some money around!

Looking forward to reading about the available options on that run...

check his website, some options there ;)

http://bowesguitars.com/wordpress/

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Also - one last coat to put on Pry's guitar and all of the hardware is currently waiting for me at the post office now. :D

Should have more pics Thursday evening.

Scott's guitar is now up on the website! :D

t0ad

Reaction score
check his website, some options there ;)

Bowes Guitarworks

Thanks. I already know all about it off course :D

I just figured that, if the mastermind's gonna do a "run" --and he was being mysterious about "the available options"--, he might restrict some options like, let's say, 5-piece all rosewood neck or snakewood fingerboard!!

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks. I already know all about it off course :D

I just figured that, if the mastermind's gonna do a "run" --and he was being mysterious about "the available options"--, he might restrict some options like, let's say, 5-piece all rosewood neck or snakewood fingerboard!!

Nah, pretty much whatever is in the spec sheet is fair game. I've almost completed a 5 piece all rosewood neck for Pry - it's definitely an option, just available with an upcharge of $115 and snakewood is available for a fretboard for $200. That should be in the quotes section of the website. If I get specs with something that might be either hard to source or something that just isn't doable, we'll see if something can be worked out.

You can shoot an email to me at bowesguitars@gmail.com if you want to get options sorted out though that you don't see on the website. :)

')