Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
562114_456505251026497_849523704_n.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Took my guitar home today, still needs another BKP warpig for the neck, but heck couldn't wait, had to take er home and play the shit out of it.

i will post a NGD once i have the pickup installed, with pics and a mini review of the guitar.

my initial thoughts after taking this home and playing with it are this. it's Gorgeous, light in weight and fucking loud. the Warpig are just to my liking in mahogany and this beast sounds fucking nasty and brutal but also clear, clear enough to be unforgiving to sloppy playing.

the neck plays fantastically well, gunna need some hand ware to get it to the smoothness i like, but that come with any guitar.

the body is comfortable as fuck, the body cut is well contoured with no sharp lines anywhere, feels good sitting and standing. the arm carve is excellent, plays comfy high or low, you can rest your arm anywhere and it just feels natural.

the bridge, man i love hipshot bridges, so comfortable to rest on while playing. hipshot locking tuners, do what they are intedned, lock em up and tune em up, they also feel much better than sperzels which seam to go way outta tune with the slightest of touches.

there's a tonne more to say but don't take this as any OFFICIAL review, just my initial thoughts. i'm having a tonne of fun playing this guitar. just can't wait for the other warpig to arrive and my Elixir strings, i miss my elixirs.

thanx Brian, this guitar plays great and sounds amazing \m/

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
If the pickups were gold/black that'd be a really cool looking combo. As unintentional as it would've been.

Justin Bailey

Reaction score
I always loved that Wenge/Maple Proto, so badass. All of these are looking fantastic, I love that offset super strat design.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
i've got 4 more orders on tap now - since i've got 2 spots available, i might do the 8 string fanned fret proto or just do up a 7 string in black limba.

I should have Mike's and Nick's guitars at the finishing stage within a couple of weeks. Really sorry about the setbacks on this Nick. :(

Valennic

Many Fingers
Reaction score
i've got 4 more orders on tap now - since i've got 2 spots available, i might do the 8 string fanned fret proto or just do up a 7 string in black limba.

I should have Mike's and Nick's guitars at the finishing stage within a couple of weeks. Really sorry about the setbacks on this Nick. :(

Limba? :(. I adore black limba. The GAS will be astronomical, and as I've said many times before man, its fine :lol:. I'd rather have a guitar you're happy with than one you're antsy about even sending :p

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
8 string fanned fret proto?

The proto will be an SFLx 8 string 26 - 28 inch fan, perp at the 7th fret, Fokin pickups, ABM single bridge tuners.. I've got a huge cap of figured katalox that I've been saving for when I build one for myself, but i need to make a prototype first to make sure I don't screw it up so I'll build the first one out of either 1 piece ash body or maybe i'll just use the black limba blank i've got at my place now.

mphsc

http://pyramidguitarscompany.com/
Reaction score
color me intrigued, other than the ABM single bridges. Fill all 7 slots of the run?

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
color me intrigued, other than the ABM single bridges. Fill all 7 slots of the run?

I really dig the single bridges - somewhat on the expensive side of things even with a dealer discount, but they're pretty neat. Hipshot will custom mill a bridge as well - i've gotten a few sample pics, but not sure of the timelines on it right now and the ABM's just really work for me in this situation.

I've got 5 of the slots 100% confirmed right now. Haven't had anyone fill the 6th one as of tonight so I think i'm just going to build a proto alongside the rest.

P1040564.jpg

One of the ash bodies that we cut ahead of this has been spoken for though. So far we've got 2 ash bodied guitars, the black limba blank got spoken for and there will be a walnut/figured shedua build coming soon.

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
Change of plan on my guitar, something stupid awesome coming in the not too distant future.

gunna have ash, flamed maple, and a fuck tonne of ebony

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Sheesh. I really wish I'd gone with a quilted maple top on this one. Oh well, next time. :evil:

For a 6 or 7? I might accidentally build something.

(After i get the next 7 guitars out of the way.)

Not sure if you saw my post on facebook, but UPS left the Overnight Priority Courier package from Hipshot in the lobby of my apartment building. Strangely it isn't there.

')