This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
I finally dragged a bunch of pics of my blackberry.

New neck for joe - roasted curly maple + curly walnut w/ solid curly walnut headstock

IMG00010-20101229-2125.jpg

Pretty close on the cover...

IMG00009-20101229-2034.jpg

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
How did I miss this thread? Seriously?

Amazing work, man. Let me know when you're taking orders. :yesway:

rogrotten

Reaction score
I just read all of this thread and all I can say is :hsevil::hsevil::hsevil::hsevil::hsevil: !!!!!!! :) excellent job man!!!! :)

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

It's been a LOOONG time since i put anything up! I'm starting to gear the whole project back up and I've got a few things that I just wanted to share with you guys.

Finally able to get back to working on some of the guitars that I had on the go, albeit at a pretty slow pace right now. Finally got my house completed and onto the market last week so a HUGE amount of pressure is finally alleviated and my spare time has finally opened up again.

The mighty Darren of Decibel Guitars did up my SFL7 design for autocad and I'll be getting 4 bodies done within the next two months. I'm still going with the minimalist approach for controls (1 3 way, 1 volume).

These are the 1.25 inch thick set neck models that I made a prototype for already (the katalox 7). Still not taking orders at this time and trying to get previous guitars underway.

Here's the current design that will soon be off to the machine!

bowes1.png

bowes2.png

bowes3.png

bowes4.png

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Brian!

Glad to hear you're finally getting everything tied up with the house. I'm going to attempt to set aside some time to visit TO this summer... we shall hang out again.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Brian!

Glad to hear you're finally getting everything tied up with the house. I'm going to attempt to set aside some time to visit TO this summer... we shall hang out again.

We'll need to plan out your guitar proper! I *think* I have a slab of walnut that we can still use.

canuck brian

Bowes Guitars
Contributor
Reaction score
Well as another update, a slight mod in the body really caught my eye....pretty sure this will be the main body style that I'll be using.

The carves are on the back! This is for the flatop SFL, not the carved top SL.

Lemme know what you guys think! I was an easy sell.

SFLxwireframe1.png

')