Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adrian-XI

Reaction score
I was the highest bidder for about 8 seconds. My build comes up in September anyway so I can't really afford this one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Dude, that is one of the best inlays he's done! Anything happening on the body graphics-wise? And is it a seven string? And when will you be selling it to me?

Nothing on the body, it would be too much. 7 string of course. And, dunno let me get it first.

Nice!!! I was wondering what happened to your build since you haven't said anything about it since last year.

It took a while, it's true but I'd say 2-3 weeks more and it will be here.

Thorerges

Reaction score
With the constantly growing interest in Daemoness and chance to get one without a 2 year wait it could go for a lot.

I bidded and didn't last long. It will go up very high, I am surprised he doesn't do 3 - 4 of these per year.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
I bidded and didn't last long. It will go up very high, I am surprised he doesn't do 3 - 4 of these per year.

After he sees it reach upwards of $6800 he will :ugh:

Its tempting, but I paid a deposit about 15 months ago so Im good. I will just wait for my name to come up.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
After he sees it reach upwards of $6800 he will :ugh:

Its tempting, but I paid a deposit about 15 months ago so Im good. I will just wait for my name to come up.

Actually, I would bet he doesn't (at least I hope he doesn't). It WOULD be super tempting, and I'm sure the business side of him will want to, but based on everything he's said in the past, money is not his primary motivation, and he doesn't want to be a luthier for cork sniffing rich guys. He wants the average metal musician to be able to buy one. And as an American (read: citizen of a country that values income above else) I find this HUGELY refreshing. I plan on ordering an 8 from the guy as soon as I have a foggy idea what I want. Not because I need another 8, but because I fully support him and what he stands for business-wise.

(And what do you have planned? A 7 string Cimmerian? Any particular graphics? You tend to spec pretty awesome guitars, so I'm curious!)

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Actually, I would bet he doesn't (at least I hope he doesn't). It WOULD be super tempting, and I'm sure the business side of him will want to, but based on everything he's said in the past, money is not his primary motivation, and he doesn't want to be a luthier for cork sniffing rich guys. He wants the average metal musician to be able to buy one. And as an American (read: citizen of a country that values income above else) I find this HUGELY refreshing. I plan on ordering an 8 from the guy as soon as I have a foggy idea what I want. Not because I need another 8, but because I fully support him and what he stands for business-wise.

(And what do you have planned? A 7 string Cimmerian? Any particular graphics? You tend to spec pretty awesome guitars, so I'm curious!)

Well I was sort of joking. My point was that this one is going to go for a lot! I too value his attitude towards not selling out and keeping things fair and attainable for most. His work just keeps getting more and more popular with each build he puts out. This may have been the build that finally tipped him in the direction of an auction style sale. It probably drew multiple offers and requests so he just decided to try out a new approach. I think thats sort of how he put it.

I seriously would not mind having a Jotun 8 EXACTLY like this Cimmerian on ebay now but with a maple top hidden under that paint and some inlay work. If I didnt do a Jotun 8 or this paint finish then Id go with a Cimmerian 7 with Flamed Maple top over Mahogany body or Koa body if available. Regardless of what I go for, I need to think up a solid idea for insane inlay work or possible graphic work on the body. Ive got ideas but nothing solid yet.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I seriously would not mind having a Jotun 8 EXACTLY like this Cimmerian on ebay now but with a maple top hidden under that paint and some inlay work. If I didnt do a Jotun 8 or this paint finish then Id go with a Cimmerian 7 with Flamed Maple top over Mahogany body or Koa body if available. Regardless of what I go for, I need to think up a solid idea for insane inlay work or possible graphic work on the body. Ive got ideas but nothing solid yet.

Yeah, I've got ideas I bounce around myself. No matter what I'm sure Dylan would take my pedestrian ideas and make them look epic. But I can't decide if I want a religious type thing, a cartoon/manga type thing, metal, mythology, or what. The solution would be to order a couple of them. Which I seriously might do. Especially since the wait time is so high right now.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I think his main reason for putting it up on ebay is so his inbox doesn't get flooded with offers like the Jotun 8 and so the bidding price is completely honest and open to everyone. I think there will be another 2 in-stocks for sale in about 12 month, maybe one more this year.

I made a big spec change to my build and Dylan was really cool about it even though it would be a lot more work. He's not driven by money at all but by getting people's dream guitars into their hands. I wish I was able to think up something with insane body graphics and inlay work but I'm happy with my build idea for now.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, definitely more fair (and less shady, IMO) to put it up to an actual LEGIT eBay auction rather than the pseudo-auction, "behind-closed-doors" BS that a lot of builders have been adopting the last couple years. Kudos for that gesture, it speaks significantly louder than the words of the other guys who make up contradictory stories left and right to drive up prices when they list a stock build and ask for people to email offers. :lol: As long as this doesn't push back builds that were already on order, it's not a big deal, hopefully this didn't make guys who had stuff already on order get pushed way behind on their build dates (I take no issue with the in-stock build practice as long as it doesn't mean the queue suffers while the builder rakes in cash on top of their prior orders and sit on their customer's cash from custom orders... :lol:). I hope Dylan makes some decent money off this. :yesway:

-Nolly-

Reaction score
I'm glad you guys feel the eBay auction is a fair way to go about the sale of the guitar. Dylan and I both thought about it from as many angles as we could. A closed auction was out of the question, setting a price and selling it presented other problems though - if he priced it as the equivalent custom build would cost, it would invite certain buyers to pick it up just to flog at a profit right away, where Dylan really wants it to go to a player that truly wants it; yet if he sold it at an inflated price to combat this it would open him to criticism of being greedy and working on stock builds instead of customer guitars. Doing it through eBay and starting the auction off at the minimum 99p will hopefully mean the guitar will go to someone that will care for it, and makes the process entirely transparent. It will incur hefty fees on his end but it seems the guitar will go for more than enough to cover those at this point :)
The truth is Dylan builds the stock guitars to try out new techniques, instead of experimenting on customers' builds, as well as to demonstrate options that might not appeal to clients on paper, such as in this case the white sparkle finish. It also means he has demo instruments for when prospective clients visit the shop :yesway:

asher

So Did We
Reaction score
I'm glad you guys feel the eBay auction is a fair way to go about the sale of the guitar. Dylan and I both thought about it from as many angles as we could. A closed auction was out of the question, setting a price and selling it presented other problems though - if he priced it as the equivalent custom build would cost, it would invite certain buyers to pick it up just to flog at a profit right away, where Dylan really wants it to go to a player that truly wants it; yet if he sold it at an inflated price to combat this it would open him to criticism of being greedy and working on stock builds instead of customer guitars. Doing it through eBay and starting the auction off at the minimum 99p will hopefully mean the guitar will go to someone that will care for it, and makes the process entirely transparent. It will incur hefty fees on his end but it seems the guitar will go for more than enough to cover those at this point :)
The truth is Dylan builds the stock guitars to try out new techniques, instead of experimenting on customers' builds, as well as to demonstrate options that might not appeal to clients on paper, such as in this case the white sparkle finish. It also means he has demo instruments for when prospective clients visit the shop :yesway:

It also keeps it from being sniped by people in the appropriate timezone :yesway:

rifftrauma

Trapped in time...
Contributor
Reaction score
Too bad the dollar is so damn weak...guess my kids won't be going to college after all. :lol:

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window

Yeah when he first proposed the sparkle/holo-flek finish for my build I first only thought of gay looking daisy rock guitars. I had to think about it some more, and a few photo demos of other instruments by Spectrum opened my mind a bit, especially because you can do anything with the size and frequency of the particles. Suddenly, I realized the genius behind this idea in regards to my cosmic horror theme. Dylan said he would try it out on stock guitars first but really was impressed with the concept. And now we have World Edge Storm, which is the tamest use of that finish, to capture the reflection of subzero, wind beaten snow on a frozen tundra.

IMAO, this is business done right, or as best as it could be. I wish I had the extra bones to throw at that guitar, but I've got waaay too much on my plate in customs and firearms. Cheers to whoever lands it!

Maniacal

Reaction score
Im still winning. At least, until some rich child outbids me!

Latest posts

')