Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Finally picked an idea for my build if I do pop up soon

6 string cimmerian, black gloss with neon yellow/green splatter, single black winter, ets bridge, 25.5 scale, horror/alien (not the movie) on ??? Wood. Thinking carpathian maple neck. Would love some body/top/fretboard suggestions.
Y E S. Alien gore/slimeburst?

On another note, On a matte black Hadian, would you guys go for flat top, or bevels? My build is stacking up to look like a Matte black hadian, single flat mount BW pickup, 24 frets, with 15-24 beveled. Neon green inlay of an F-15 Eagle HUD getting a guns kill on a SU-27-35 in aluminum or steel on ebony, and an inverse old school stock with the Daemoness logo in Air Force stencil lettering.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Man, I'm never going to be able to decide between clean lines, maple board, flat top, plain classic shredder type thing and CAN IT HAVE A WINGED SKELETON PULLING A HORSE DRAWN PLOUGH AND THE HORSES ARE SKELETONS AND THE PLOUGH IS AN ENORMOUS TREE
Duh, do the skeleton idea. why pay for a daemoness if you're not going to get some dope artwork? dylan's inlay/painting/drawing skills are top notch, and they're main reason I put in an order with him.

dhgrind

Reaction score
Y E S. Alien gore/slimeburst?

On another note, On a matte black Hadian, would you guys go for flat top, or bevels? My build is stacking up to look like a Matte black hadian, single flat mount BW pickup, 24 frets, with 15-24 beveled. Neon green inlay of an F-15 Eagle HUD getting a guns kill on a SU-27-35 in aluminum or steel on ebony, and an inverse old school stock with the Daemoness logo in Air Force stencil lettering.

Very much so gore/slimeburst with aliens/arachnids/sci-fi

Hadian idea sounds hella hella Jackson

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Very much so gore/slimeburst with aliens/arachnids/sci-fi

Hadian idea sounds hella hella Jackson

It's actually my take on the Alexi "Blacky", but a little more murdered out. But exactly that vibe.
esp-alexi-laiho-std-blacky-10.jpg

esp-sv-i-nt-std-bks-gotoh-tuners-11-black.jpg

NickB11

Reaction score
Duh, do the skeleton idea. why pay for a daemoness if you're not going to get some dope artwork? dylan's inlay/painting/drawing skills are top notch, and they're main reason I put in an order with him.

Exactly - I was going back and forth on doing something more clean vs an inlay, and came to the conclusion that you can get something clean/safe from a bunch of other builders/brands. You're getting a custom made guitar by a luthier who specializes in insane inlay and artwork, so I decided it would be a waste not to get something. Remember, it doesn't have to be something over the top; I went through a bunch of ideas until I got to something that I could say I would be happy playing today and 50 years from today. Whatever you end up doing you know that Dylan will make it classy and all flow together - I'm putting my trust in him!

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Finally picked an idea for my build if I do pop up soon

6 string cimmerian, black gloss with neon yellow/green splatter, single black winter, ets bridge, 25.5 scale, horror/alien (not the movie) on ??? Wood. Thinking carpathian maple neck. Would love some body/top/fretboard suggestions.

IMO, neon yellow/green splatter would look sick on a flame maple top with see thru black burst. I'd go alder body, maple top, maple neck. Personally, maple FB, but for what you're talking about, I think only ebony makes sense.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Man, I'm never going to be able to decide between clean lines, maple board, flat top, plain classic shredder type thing and CAN IT HAVE A WINGED SKELETON PULLING A HORSE DRAWN PLOUGH AND THE HORSES ARE SKELETONS AND THE PLOUGH IS AN ENORMOUS TREE
Neither is wrong, but this is Daemoness, we all know which one is right.

dhgrind

Reaction score
IMO, neon yellow/green splatter would look sick on a flame maple top with see thru black burst. I'd go alder body, maple top, maple neck. Personally, maple FB, but for what you're talking about, I think only ebony makes sense.

I think a maple board could work with black inlays esp for detail on the kaiju/arachnid/alien, considering the oldschool body type with a reversed inline headstock. I dunno how to feel about alder i've never played a fixed bridge alder guitar, so they've always sounded real thin and shrill/bright. Perhaps i'll go with some more exotic wood choices for the body?
My PRS is all mahogany and thats one of my favorite guitars but i feel like the bridge lends to the sound moreso than the wood does once again.
IMG_2086-1024x693.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg
IMG_6815-1024x697.jpg
IMG_6096-1024x685.jpg
fret detail on maple with alien stuff, body (pups included) from 2, top wood with neon yellow/green splatter from 3, and reverse stock from 4 all blended together to form my beast.

savage

Sine Qua Non
Reaction score
@IbanezDaemon or other gentlemen who’ve already gone through this before, do you remember how long the actual build time took from commencement? I would imagine that period requires more stoicism than the 2-3 year queue.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I dunno how to feel about alder i've never played a fixed bridge alder guitar, so they've always sounded real thin and shrill/bright. Perhaps i'll go with some more exotic wood choices for the body?

I've always found alder to be slightly dark and generally balanced. Certainly an ash strat has a tendency to be brighter than alder. I don't think it's a bad choice in this case at all.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
@IbanezDaemon or other gentlemen who’ve already gone through this before, do you remember how long the actual build time took from commencement? I would imagine that period requires more stoicism than the 2-3 year queue.

Way things are going circa 30 months seems to be spot on. I think there are guys in this upcoming batch who placed their orders in the earlier part of 2016. Then allow maybe 9 months or so I'd say for your build to be completed. There are variables of course and it could be longer. When did you place your deposit?

dhgrind

Reaction score
I've always found alder to be slightly dark and generally balanced. Certainly an ash strat has a tendency to be brighter than alder. I don't think it's a bad choice in this case at all.

I’m gonna give it a strong consideration. Will definitely take in Dylan’s opinion on body woods.

savage

Sine Qua Non
Reaction score
Way things are going circa 30 months seems to be spot on. I think there are guys in this upcoming batch who placed their orders in the earlier part of 2016. Then allow maybe 9 months or so I'd say for your build to be completed. There are variables of course and it could be longer. When did you place your deposit?
I see, thanks for the explanation! I placed my deposit around Nov 7, 2016, so nearing 2 years now. 9 month build time is actually shorter than I thought for such complex instruments. I'm debating going bespoke for the shape since I already have a cimmerian and atlantean. I reckon any shape Dylan works with will be a metal machine regardless!

frogman81

Reaction score
I see, thanks for the explanation! I placed my deposit around Nov 7, 2016, so nearing 2 years now. 9 month build time is actually shorter than I thought for such complex instruments. I'm debating going bespoke for the shape since I already have a cimmerian and atlantean. I reckon any shape Dylan works with will be a metal machine regardless!

I’m not sure I would hope for a 9 month build time. I had my skype call to finalize specs in October 2016 and I’m still waiting. In March 2017 I got an update that the body/headstock had been cut and neck built.

Flappydoodle

Reaction score
I’m not sure I would hope for a 9 month build time. I had my skype call to finalize specs in October 2016 and I’m still waiting. In March 2017 I got an update that the body/headstock had been cut and neck built.

If I were you, I'd definitely be chasing up a bit to check on the progress.

It's not unreasonable to expect that the guitar would be finished within 18 months.

')