Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Had my Skype call last Thursday with Dylan and Barnes...specs locked in! I hope the wait time
passes quickly for You guys!!

Awesome! Whenabouts did you put your deposit down?

Anyone here going for more extreme shapes this round? Had my chat with Dylan and Barnes the other day... Expect lethality.

I was thinking an Odyssean for the longest time but I'll be damned if I can't get over how much I love the curves of the Cimmerian combined with the Daemoness classic headstock. Maybe another build down the road... a 7 string Odyssean sounds wonderful!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
Awesome! Whenabouts did you put your deposit down?

I was thinking an Odyssean for the longest time but I'll be damned if I can't get over how much I love the curves of the Cimmerian combined with the Daemoness classic headstock. Maybe another build down the road... a 7 string Odyssean sounds wonderful!

Which one is the Odyssean? Doesn’t immediately spring to mind. Think it was like January of ‘16.

A straight up murderous Cimmerian is the perfect metal axe. The one with all the teeth on it, and the praying skeletal hands and candles is to this date probably the best feeling guitar I’ve played.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
@IbanezDaemon Early November of 2016! I'm actually quite thankful for the wait in some ways - I've refined my order a number of times and my tastes regarding specs have changed. I've been sitting on my current build sheet for months now and I can't find any reason to change anything.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
@IbanezDaemon Early November of 2016! I'm actually quite thankful for the wait in some ways - I've refined my order a number of times and my tastes regarding specs have changed. I've been sitting on my current build sheet for months now and I can't find any reason to change anything.

Good stuff. I reckon you'll be in the next batch.

element256

Reaction score
Update: I've had these for a few months now but even so, literally the day I got them in and started playing on them was like I had owned them for 10+ years. The specs, the comfort, the playability, just everything was so dialed in and flawless. Typically it takes a while to get accustomed to a new instrument but these just played with more noticeable fluidity and expected muscle memory than even my oldest guitar. Don't know if that makes sense really but I'll do a better review when I have the time. Just wanted to post up how immensely pleased and incredible these guitars truly are. You would think "oh they look cool I'll keep it on my wall or in the case" but these you really want to just go off on and hammer out every day. Remarkable instruments from every aspect.

IMG_7658-1024x711.jpg IMG_7700-1024x664 (1).jpg

savage

Sine Qua Non
Reaction score
Anyone here going for more extreme shapes this round? Had my chat with Dylan and Barnes the other day... Expect lethality.

You're going with the Ironbird right? That's a great choice; the 'bird and stealth are my two favorite pointy shapes. I'm currently zigzagging between a mockingbird or going full-bespoke in a completely avant-garde direction. I'm sure it's oddly liberating to be locked-in to your specs.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
You're going with the Ironbird right? That's a great choice; the 'bird and stealth are my two favorite pointy shapes. I'm currently zigzagging between a mockingbird or going full-bespoke in a completely avant-garde direction. I'm sure it's oddly liberating to be locked-in to your specs.

Yessir. It was between an Ironbird and a Hadian until the very end, but we both agreed that the Ironbird was the way to go for theme I’m going for on this build. After over two years, it really is. I’m completely at peace with what’s in store, and can’t wait to see how Dylan will work his magic with it.

That sounds wicked. You’ve checked out his Valkenbyrd shape, right?

savage

Sine Qua Non
Reaction score
Yessir. It was between an Ironbird and a Hadian until the very end, but we both agreed that the Ironbird was the way to go for theme I’m going for on this build. After over two years, it really is. I’m completely at peace with what’s in store, and can’t wait to see how Dylan will work his magic with it.

That sounds wicked. You’ve checked out his Valkenbyrd shape, right?
That's awesome, I'm super stoked for your build man. You had a vision and stuck with it 'till the end. I have no doubts your build will be among the standouts in the batch. We demand some filthy morbid angel once you get her in your hands.
Regarding the Valkenbyrd; it's an awesome shape (warrior x mockingbird hybrid?) , but I've always wanted to see Dylan's take on classic BCR shapes; it's a tragedy what happened to the brand. Dylan represents one of the last vanguards of actual craftsmen building extreme metal guitars. It used to be him and Amfisound, but the latter went the way of the dodo.

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
That's awesome, I'm super stoked for your build man. You had a vision and stuck with it 'till the end. I have no doubts your build will be among the standouts in the batch. We demand some filthy morbid angel once you get her in your hands.
Regarding the Valkenbyrd; it's an awesome shape (warrior x mockingbird hybrid?) , but I've always wanted to see Dylan's take on classic BCR shapes; it's a tragedy what happened to the brand. Dylan represents one of the last vanguards of actual craftsmen building extreme metal guitars. It used to be him and Amfisound, but the latter went the way of the dodo.

Cranking out some choice picks from Altars and Domination is the first thing I’m going to do when I get my paws on it. Besides Daemoness there’s Waghorn too, as far as I know.

Speaking of the Valkenbyrd, I have one coming up in the next batch. I think people are gonna be a bit surprised when they see it.

Hell yeah! I already know of one more Valk in this batch. Looks like it’s going to be a pretty rad one!

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
RAN guitars are also doing a fine job carrying the torch for extreme shapes. He's built a number of warriors etc. And some original models too. I love the Valkenbyrd too.

dhgrind

Reaction score
GRIMSÆNG has been posted on the instagram and it's glorious

46043114_495815110910449_6650655010357472217_n.jpg
45847209_260269594654656_2356530094940582050_n.jpg
45598584_150026665972378_6503893162235909525_n.jpg

Latest posts