Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
That's gotta be Narad's Cimmerian. Wow!! Simply Stunning!!

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That was a session guitarist for some pop artists who was looking for an endorsement deal. I'd say they will hold their value pretty well, maybe even rise in value. They are amazing guitars for the money, as good as anything I've ever played (if not better), he could be charging a lot more for his work.

I think if you go crazy with specs the value doesn't really stay, and that's probably due to the latter point - his pricing is very reasonable so unless someone else's specs really appeal to you there's not much incentive to buy used. Why not pay $500 more and let your thoughts run wild? The wait is the only downside.

That's gotta be Narad's Cimmerian. Wow!! Simply Stunning!!

You guessed it ;-)

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Very nice Narad! It reminds me of one of Chris Broderick's LACS guitars:

l.jpg

narad

Reaction score
Very nice Narad! It reminds me of one of Chris Broderick's LACS guitars.

Exactly what I was hoping for. I love the Cimmerian "contemporary carve" shape, but I wanted to contrast the white quilt with stark black binding. Because the standard Cimmerian curves don't allow for continuous binding all the way around, Dylan went with the Cimmerian carve-top shape, which had only been done, to my knowledge, on that previous scorpion Daemoness from a long time ago. The body in the raw is on the 'luthiery' tab on his webpage - it's amazing and I think anyone with an order should take a moment to consider it.

My only disappointment is that without a strong theme I don't get a cool name (e.g., "future flashback"). ...milk massacre?

Convictional

Starfish, Octopus
Reaction score
Narad's guitar is simple but elegant. I would rather play his over the fancier ones. The other ones are too pretty. I'd be scared to damage them and/or too busy appreciating how good they look and not playing them. :lol:

chassless

Don'tDeserveMyGuitar
Reaction score
^ i understand what you mean. my future Daemoness won't leave my home under any random circumstance or without any proper reason and attention. that said, i think the way they finish the guitars make them very resistant.

and nice guitar narad, i was pretty positively surprised to see how yours turned out. congrats!

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
That is just utter perfection in quilted white wash tops. Perfect guitar, bravo!

Two thoughts come to mind in naming it. Something relating to mist or fog. "Essence of Death" would be appropriate, or "Niflheim Rising", from the word "nifl"- meaning mist. The second idea is ash or smoke. "Sulfuric Putrididty". Well, makes for a good band name.

Or we could stick with semen jokes and call it "Diabolical Seed" or "Devil's Butter".

narad

Reaction score
Ha, boo to all the ...fluids-based... names! Funny there was some guy commenting on Facebook, "wow, looks great in that Snow Kiss finish!" Not sure when it got that name! I'm digging the new photos - even mistakes I made in the specs were somehow fixed up. It seems like, at least for now, everything seems to have gone right for once!

asfeir

Reaction score
Looks very good! I wonder if it Will get a bit yellow with Time?

narad

Reaction score
Looks very good! I wonder if it Will get a bit yellow with Time?

NEVAR!!

Seriously though, Phil's polyester finishes are more on the poly side of things, naturally, more in line with J-custom finishes - that super thin, still durable coat. I don't know from experience, but it seems yellowing occurs only with nitro and oil finishes.

narad

Reaction score
I think it would be sick as .... if the dudes in the current batch (me,Narad,ect) made a group demo video of all of our new axes

"Introducing Kenny Gerbick and the Daemoness July 2014 Cimmerian batch band!"

Yea, I mean, this week is crazy and I basically have all three of the custom orders I placed 2-3 years ago finishing up. Learning how to do proper demoes with backing instrumentation is definitely on the to-do list. Though, I'm pretty sure half of us have BKP nailbombs, I don't expect a huge difference tone-to-tone.

Latest posts

')