Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JuliusJahn

Luthier
Reaction score
What are your opinions on this Daemoness headstock?

IMG_2205.JPG

IMG_2181.jpg

Either going for this or his reverse headstock, very hard to decide

Looks just like an ESP headstock to me
shrug.gif

I like it nonetheless - I've always had a soft spot for them.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Yea - some things, like offset Vs, just need inline headstocks.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
^

Well that decision is now made

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
SD Custom Shop Pickups have arrived, and are doing the turn and burn to England! SO stoked to hear what these sound like. I swear to Djod if there is a technical issue like they've had with the Nazguls recently I'll flip a bitch.

They look nasty. Absolutely evil. I'll note I should've specified where to put the lettering on the neck pickup, above the screws, because the engraving is a wee bit smaller on the neck due to spacing. Eh, I can live with it. There is an orange/copper hue to it, making it glow like it's on fire against the matte black covers, black screws, and old English lettering. They cautioned me that would happen, but I dig it. The detail is perfect as expected. 16k/15k respectively, stupid hot just like I intended. All of my guitars have pretty balanced pickup sets save the JEM77FP with the C-Bomb/PK combo that absolutely scream, so I'm faithfully expecting these to peel flesh off of bone, then crush the bone into pulp, and finally leave it all in ashes. Hopefully in a week or two we'll see the final product.

Oh they didn't cut the tabs from standard square, so Dylan will have to file them. If anyone is contemplating an order, be detailed as hell in your notes, and a follow up emial with the order number helps. If they aren't sure WTF is requested, they contact you, instead of shooting from the hip. But blunt details save them trouble and second guessing.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
^Sweet!! I can't wait to see them installed. How do you think they'll compliment the stain?

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
^Sweet!! I can't wait to see them installed. How do you think they'll compliment the stain?

Honestly, the engraving is subtle enough it won't add much to the look other than being matte black pickups with black hardware. It'll be clearer on closer inspection. That's better to me so the focus is on that monster inlay! Well, and of course how they actually sound most importantly. They won't be as noticeable as camo or tyger covers. They're more like Dylan's wax seal: minor detail, but tastefully cool.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Check out the ultra cool bookmatch on this
piece of timber that's gonna be used in the
next batch:

mwcarl

Reaction score
As cool as that top is, it's hard for me to imagine a way to leverage all the interesting figure/grain with a guitar shape.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
For those who do not follow Daemoness on facebook, this is a picture he uploaded.

10714563_568614959951721_7068094594570091453_o.jpg

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
Update: There is a delay with the finishes of the current batch. BLUF is that Phil McAllister has become ill, needing a procedure and followup treatment, but should recover swiftly and be back at it in the coming month. Thoughts, prayers, good vibes to him. Dylan let everyone know with a projection, plus backup plans, all in detail. You couldn't ask for better information, and regardless I'm sure we all hope Phil gets better and back at his awesome work for himself and family.

So to pass the time, my pickups from SD made it to England safely. As sweet as they look, from a distance they are subtle which will not detract from the rest of the guitar at all. Great anticipation awaits for how they sound is a mystery: Black Winter/Nazgul hybrid voiced bridge, 16.6k, Distortion neck, 15.0k. We know they will be hot and loud!

')