Official Daemoness Guitars Thread

• Thread starter Joe Harvatt
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Wow!! Epic pups there MAJ!! If those sound
as good as they look they're gonna be something
else!!

Best Wishes to Phil at Spectrum!! I was playing my
Daemoness Cimmerian 7 today and the lacquer job
by Phil is truly flawless.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Ha - that's sick. SD does that etching? i.e., you didn't outsource the covers somewhere else?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
e00394077473a9e5cf30deddf71b611bbd2a5f7587cd54305fdb019a7d5b1e9b.jpg

Love the covers! Very interested to see how these sound.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I don't know how those pickups will sound, but they look awesome :yesway:

My thoughts exactly! Based on the custom Back Winter they made with an AV magnet, and how close it sounded to what I described with nonsense words it should be good. Both are ceramic; the neck is just the standard model. The bridge is supposed to be voiced like a Black Winter as the foundation, but with more mids instead of the flat EQ, hence the Nazgul dynamics. But those are only reference points. It'll be it's own beast I'm sure and more than just eye candy.

As far as I know, SD does their own laser etching right in shop. They can pull off a lot of stuff. Glad you guys approve!

hiltz171jim

Reaction score
Jotun 8s!!!!

(insert Jotun pics here)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Yes, two years after my deposit, and basically two years since I have posted anything on this site, my new beast has been revealed.
The top picture is the burl top I chose.
The bottom neck is also that of mine. It has begun.

:evil: :cool:

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
His work amazes me every time, which means a lot in this age of abundance.

Everyone comments on how they look but they play amazingly well too! His guitars are super high end quality. Ive played a few in the past and one of the more recent ones from a batch this year. They are amongst the best custom shops out there right now in quality and how they play and feel.

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Could someone A/B their cimmerian with another more popular model guitar? Ibanez RG, EBMM JP? . Every time I see a cimmerian, they just look MASSIVE compared to other superstrat guitars.

leonardo7

Banned
Reaction score
Could someone A/B their cimmerian with another more popular model guitar? Ibanez RG, EBMM JP? . Every time I see a cimmerian, they just look MASSIVE compared to other superstrat guitars.

I dont recall them being too big compared to an RG but I will see if I have any pics. If you want massive check out a Regius :lol:

I scored some Koa this past year and I think Im gonna be sending it Dylan's way when my slot opens. Im thinking Koa over Mahogany Jotun 8 for low end craziness

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window

I wouldn't say massive. I don't have an RG or JP ATM to compare, but the Cimmerian is not really big. The horns proportion to the lower body make it appear large but in person it's dimensions are not much different than a standard superstrat. Mine has a Korina body and is extremely light and balanced. The Jotun is wider to support the neck. But a standard Cimmerian is not as massive as it looks.

Now the Atlantean is pretty large! The horns and lower body are pronounced. The one I held for a bit was heavy from a dense swamp ash body. The result was tremendous sustain and resonance.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score

Not the best pics but I took a few quick snaps of my Cimmerian
beside Ibanez J Custom RG:

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Not the best pics but I took a few quick snaps of my Cimmerian
beside Ibanez J Custom RG:

Thanks guys, I have never seen a Daemoness in person, and all of the pictures make it seem enormous. If I knew now that my Blackwater build was gonna be close to a two year wait, I would of put in a deposit with Dylan. Oh welll. :wallbash:

Latest posts

')